• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

Hazzuh

I really hope this doesn't end up having some boring, empty open world. I have some faith in Nintendo to do it right but Wind Waker and Twilight Princess both suffered from that to some extent so we shall see..

maxcriden

Link's other outfit:

linkchkq6.png

Adding to OP. Thank you.

Good, we can stop pretending like he's player avatar and not a real character with a real name/personality/desires/etc

lol thank you

I thought it was just me but around minute 2:00 of the trailer a clip gets randomly cut without looking intentional. But it's also in the official trailer so I have no idea.

ampere

I have no idea what to make of this

It looks gorgeous, but looks like a an open world survival game? Is that a good thing?

Didn't really get to see any dungeon stuff

I liked the climbing and gliding

Looked amazing start to finish. YouTube video was much better quality than what Twitch showed.

I saw multiple outfits (standard one, swimming shorts, silver armor, and the pale green shirt), weapons, and using the environment to do stuff (cut down a tree, cook food, etc).

I absolutely cannot wait to see more of this game. This is the Zelda I've wanted since Ocarina of Time.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Ok friend.

Am I not allowed to express an opinion?

Well why would you even compare this game to The Witcher? especially when it comes to graphics... really makes no sense to me.

Hilarion

I'm very much OK with this, looking forward to playing the Wii U version next year. It's very much the sort of art style I really like, very stylized, almost like a watercolor.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
The voiceover was perfect, the gameplay was perfect, the music was perfect, and the subtitle takes a little to get used to, but is pretty perfect itself.

Glad they didn't go with just The Legend of Zelda. The game would forever be known as Zelda 2017 because of it.

Instro

With all those upres textures and details i have to think that this trailer is running on the NX no? The WIP they had shown before running on wiiU looked flat and no detail for the most part.

Not sure what your seeing, but those textures are definitely not good. Game looks like what we've seen thus far. I'd also say that we got a 720p trailer which would make me think this was a WiiU trailer. Maybe I'm wrong and the game is not getting much of an upgrade on the NX (or that system is also very weak), but we'll see.

Zubz

Banned
I mean, is no Female Link confirmed? This would obviously be the best time to reveal her, but Nintendo doesn't operate on Earthly conventions.

Empty

it looks shadow of the colossusy, in that it seems largely experiential. it demands you just enjoy the isolation of the world, the beauty of the locations and little set of interactions instead of having tons of mechanics or hooks like skyrim or the witcher. like that pull back shot of link climbing the huge cliffs, or the vast stone structures in the middle of nowhere. it's probably really boring to climb but it's pleasurable just that it exists and you can. the mystery of it.

Loxley

Wasn't really impressed by the visuals and the world appeared to be very empty, but it's just one trailer so I'm not writing the game off or anything. I'm interested to see some extended gameplay.

Can't wait for this, recently bought a Wii U last month, just in time for this. When the NX comes out, I'm most likely going to double dip for this game. Game looks amazing, and looks like it's going to take up all my time.

Top Bottom