• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breath of the Wild is the official subtitle for Zelda U/NX, first gameplay trailer

wiiu_thelegendofzeldaawxsd.jpg

It's the Skyward Sword Master Sword. Could it be a direct sequel to Skyward Sword?

Nah its before or after WW, probably after. And all Master Swords are the same...

Lynx_7

Having loot other than rupees and heart pieces, such as new weapons and equipment, might finally make for a Zelda game where exploration feels rewarding. Now they just need to make sure the game is fairly challenging (or give Hero Mode right away) and I'm completely sold.
Really liking what I'm seeing so far.
Though now the delay feels more painful D:

man I just... don't know about this. This was THE reason I bought a Wii U and i'm pretty disappointed. It really does look like a game you might see from 5-10 years ago from other devs. This was my worry with a Nintendo 'open world' Zelda... it doesn't really play to Nintendo's strengths.

The little montage of 'stuff you can do' in the world looks just so boring and bland.. The world looks empty and without any style or character apart from the few stone structures.

To be fair, I can see the same complaints as the Pokemon stuff. I like Pokemon and I like this new Zelda, but there's only so much of wandering a field killing skeletons I can take.

damn the game looks so dated, and honestly the graphics look kinda of ugly, huge downgrade from the original trailer. combat looks so dated and boring as well.

ReyVGM

Anyone noticed? The magic meter was removed, just like Twilight Princess.

Also, there are no rupees anymore? There isn't even a counter.

mantidor

E3 2016 is the E3 for bad excuses about why there's no female character options.

Just say marketing. Man up and admit it. It's fine, people will be mad, but at least it's honest.

Is this really a make-or-break deal? It's a Zelda game. I for instance I'm pissed about right-handed Link but this doesn't affect the game at all.

Nerrel

honestly the graphics look kinda of ugly

7f15d8eff5246f52b429f1f9fa74-confused-jackie-chan.jpg

People talking about the game being empty need to bear in mind that the way you traverse open world games is much different than a traditional Zelda. There's an expectation of more traveling between points of interest, and the landscape is meant to be... well, a landscape. This is actually packed full of content compared to every open world game I've played.

peakish

Empty? Seems like there's something to do around ever corner lol. And they haven't even showed a horse yet.
If there's stuff lying around they're probably avoiding it, too. Not easy to judge how the game will actually play out in terms of pacing from these streams.

The combat looks fun although as I said in my last comment all these trash weapons breaking after a few hits look bad. I love the variety of options though, I hope you can't just fall back to the regular sword as the most useful tool in any fight.

What do you guys want exactly? A treasure chest every 3 feet? Seems theres plenty of interactivity and stuff to explore from what I've seen.

Thing is, there's actually a tresure chest every 3 feet, or at least something you need. The rpg elements are perfectly attached to the game, beacuse it's a survival.

man I just... don't know about this. This was THE reason I bought a Wii U and i'm pretty disappointed. It really does look like a game you might see from 5-10 years ago from other devs. This was my worry with a Nintendo 'open world' Zelda... it doesn't really play to Nintendo's strengths.

The little montage of 'stuff you can do' in the world looks just so boring and bland.. The world looks empty and without any style or character apart from the few stone structures.

Well said. Was just thinking the same thing.
So this is what I bought a Wii U for? Such crap, never trusting Nintendo again.

Well said. Was just thinking the same thing.
So this is what I bought a Wii U for? Such crap, never trusting Nintendo again.

So negative, wow. I'm stoked, this looks like the best Zelda in years. Open overworld, structured dungeons; back to the Zelda 1 design. Best of both worlds.

Moff

this game is much more than I expected, looks like the biggest step the franchise took since OoT, and I love it

Top Bottom