• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGaf Meet Up XI 27th September 2014 - You're a gamer? Post EGX Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
06B050EB-D3C2-4CE2-BF32-02DF6F196060_zpsfj9bv0a5.jpg

It's that time again you lucky lovely people! Gaffers far and wide come on down to London Town and hang out with your wonderful compadres!

Edit: YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A TICKET FOR OR BE ATTENDING EUROGAMER TO COME TO THE MEET

THE MAIN MEET UP IS AFTER EUROGAMER IN LOCAL PUBS/EATERIES/CLUBS

Where/When

9am - 5pm

Eurogamer Expo
Earl's Court

29ACCE0E-EC66-4360-96ED-F10C7C31EE14_zpsxayvtbn1.jpg

Those of you who already have tickets I'm sure we'll all bump into each other at some point, some of us are already going in groups together. We can arrange to meet up during the day via this thread.

5pm - 7pm

The Prince of Wales
14 Lillie Road
London SW6 1TU

E9FBE8B2-1A43-43E7-8C47-94C7ECF9C4CB_zpsr6v3efoc.jpg

A lovely pub just around the corner from Earl's Court. A couple of hours here to regroup and for those not going to Expo to join us.

The do serve food here so you can get a bite to eat if you wish, but there will be other opportunities...

7pm - 8pm

Journey to Kensington High Street, stopping off for various food items, such as Burritos at Nineteen Ten, McD's, or if you're feeling posh any number of restaurants including Italian, Japanese and many more.

8pm - Late

A choice of final venues:-

Archangel
Live music club

Bodo's Schloss
Austrian cabin - Oktoberfest, will need to book

Gate
Boogie Sessions

Beachcomber
Cocktails n tunes

Attending list

Musha_Soturi
eggybob
afoni
jimbor
Son of D
dapperbandit
zomgbbqftw
BGBW
Tashbrooke
Screaming Meat
Mr. Sam
Mikeside (+ Z)
Xun
shorty_symd
Skele7on
Messofanego
Lirlond
openrob
Bazza
Seanspeed

Maybes

KillerMike
jimbobsmells
Stuart444
Sikamikanico
Koriandrr
TheHollowNight

Will be updated...

There are two Italian places that are apparently very good next to the Odeon in Kensington High Street, just so you all know.

I'm the informative guy that never comes to these meets.

jimbor

Banned
I'm in for the less nerdy evening section. I can't stomach the stench of Eurogamer itself or even worse, smelling Mikeside's backside all day.

Might need to put the date in the thread title. Also, cross publicise in gaming to getg some new blood along. Maybe even the cunts in footygaf.

Rich!

I would go, but I have no ticket for eurogamer, or more importantly, anywhere to stay - I live on the south coast, so that's an issue.

Koriandrr

I will be there, but working, so I'm not sure what time I'll have to hang around. Feel free to poke me if you see me though.

https://twitter.com/koriandrr <- my twitter has shitloads of pics of me and I will most certainly make a selfie before&after just to show the damage EG does to you :D

Mikeside

You need to ask?
I'm in, as is the lovely miss z (she doesn't want to crash the party too much, so she'll only be popping along for the last leg of there journey, I think)

I'll be in London for Eurogamer from weds night through to Sunday night, so if anyone is without people to go to the show with, feel free to hit me up

Won't be leaving for Japan til early October now, so I might be able to make this actually, not the Eurogamer part of it though.

Stuart444

Me and my fiancee will be at EGX, not sure if we're up for post-EGX stuff so that's a maybe I guess.

Might bump into some folks though at the actual show, we'll be there all 4 days of EGX after all :)

jimbor

Banned
You need to ask?
I'm in, as is the lovely miss z (she doesn't want to crash the party too much, so she'll only be popping along for the last leg of there journey, I think)

I'll be in London for Eurogamer from weds night through to Sunday night, so if anyone is without people to go to the show with, feel free to hit me up

I'll be up for doing something with you and Sploat² before the weekend. Will bring the Russki-Greek too.

I'm going with 3 mates, although only one of them is a gaffer. Hoping 343 will be doing some sort of Halo Tourney like they have at PAX/Gamescom.

Hope to see some of you guys there, may even buy a GAF T-shirt for the occassion!

I'll be up for doing something with you and Sploat² before the weekend. Will bring the Russki-Greek too.

Count me in for pre-meet fun times too

I'm going with 3 mates, although only one of them is a gaffer. Hoping 343 will be doing some sort of Halo Tourney like they have at PAX/Gamescom.

Hope to see some of you guys there, may even buy a GAF T-shirt for the occassion!

Cool, are you gonna join us in the evening for a bit? Be good to see you again!

I will definitely come to this one. Yes. Definitely.

By which I mean hell no it's Manchfester and Masked Intruder are playing and they're fucking rad

NinjaBoiX

You're not even on the list. Are you coming?
Unfortunately not mate, I'm mad busy this month with the students being back and such. I'm planning on heading back up Sunderland to see ma buddies and the lady around then anyway.

Shame, I really wanted to check out the Square Enix booth.

jimbor

Banned
Unfortunately not mate, I'm mad busy this month with the students being back and such. I'm planning on heading back up Sunderland to see ma buddies and the lady around then anyway.

Shame, I really wanted to check out the Square Enix booth.

They'd the second in the trot. You've changed, maaaaannnn. You used to be about the music!

NinjaBoiX

They'd the second in the trot. You've changed, maaaaannnn. You used to be about the music!
I'm sorry fella, but I've only really got the time to do one or the other! I hate to let my GAF peeps down but as I didn't get to see them last time I was up I won't have seen my mate's for nearly three months and I'm failing hard on my promise that I'd go and see Sammy at least once a month as well. Too many things man, not enough minutes in the day...

You could've made more of an effort to come to the Manc Meet at the weekend you git big Jessie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom