• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGaf Meet Up XI 27th September 2014 - You're a gamer? Post EGX Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

Same :D

8am, Thursday. Get queuing!

Oh don't remind me. I just hope it's dry enough to sit on the day and we don't get moved too much.

Leaving in about an hour, bus into town then train from Glasgow to London. Then the joys of navigating the London Underground (thankfully, I've printed off the route I need :p ).

Can't wait til Thursday :D queuing aside that is.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have a spare bed.

The catch is that it's in a air-raid shelter that has no heating, water, electricity or even a door. Also no spare mattress.

But it's a bunk bed so at least you have choice of top or bottom.

No worries.

Just me n you then bandit ;)

Oh my.

mNYzefI.gif

I have a spare bed.

The catch is that it's in a air-raid shelter that has no heating, water, electricity or even a door. Also no spare mattress.

But it's a bunk bed so at least you have choice of top or bottom.

I honestly don't know which is the safer option.

Lirlond

Oh don't remind me. I just hope it's dry enough to sit on the day and we don't get moved too much.

Leaving in about an hour, bus into town then train from Glasgow to London. Then the joys of navigating the London Underground (thankfully, I've printed off the route I need :p ).

Can't wait til Thursday :D queuing aside that is.

Oh another glaswegian, that's three if us gonna be there.

I'll be in EGX friday/Saturday.

Mikeside

Day 1:

Spookie got some rare DOTA stuff but couldn't afford to come to dinner due to extreme spending

EVOLVE is great - really fun team play, though frustrating when you can't find the monster for half the game.

Alien Isolation is hard but a lot of fun. Really does feel like a proper Alien game. I feel like once you get used to the AI it'll be easy to game the system though.

Driveclub and Project CARS are both definitely racing games.

Helldivers is still incredibly fun and reminds me of Magicka meets Starship Troopers.

Hotline Miami 2 is a lot like the first one.

Splatoon is loads of fun but feels like it needs a lot of mini games and stuff to be worth more than £15.

Nofs is amazing at Smash Bros but didn't win a 3DS.

Seeing your ex at a gaming convention is mortifyingly awkward. No it wasn't Zoe Quinn.

The Order seems fine but isn't mechanically as satisfying as the million games that play just like it.

Elite Dangerous seems incredible. Playing the demo on an x52 joystick setup has convinced me to invest in an X52 Pro ASAP

openrob

So whats the deal tomorrow guys?
When is best to get down there for (my ticket says 11am). Will people be meeting up in the venue, as I'm going by myself?
Thanks!

So whats the deal tomorrow guys?
When is best to get down there for (my ticket says 11am). Will people be meeting up in the venue, as I'm going by myself?
Thanks!

I'm not sure what queues will be like, I'd say get there for at least 10 if not before? Yeah there'll be a few of us meeting up there.

I'll be wearing my Gaf t-shirt, it has my avatar on the back.

Koriandrr

I'm not sure what queues will be like, I'd say get there for at least 10 if not before? Yeah there'll be a few of us meeting up there.

I'll be wearing my Gaf t-shirt, it has my avatar on the back.

I'll look for it!
I'll be in FFXIV yukata cosplay.

I was thinking of joining you guys at the pub tonight, but by the time I got out of EGX it was like 8pm, so I had no idea where you'd be.

jimbor

Banned
I'll look for it!
I'll be in FFXIV yukata cosplay.

I was thinking of joining you guys at the pub tonight, but by the time I got out of EGX it was like 8pm, so I had no idea where you'd be.

Pub meet is tomorrow, for egx attendees and non attendees alike.

Mr. Sam

I'm setting off in a minute for my afternoon ticket. If you see a man in a Dragon Ball t-shirt, a blue hoody and grey jeans, probably playing Everybody's Golf while he queues, do not approach him - he's likely to get violent (especially if you mess up the timing of a shot).

We're in the pub now

In attendance at the pub now:

Musha_Soturi
jimbor
BGBW
afoni
shorty_symd
zomgbbqftw
Mikeside
eggybob
Screaming Meat
dapperbandit
Dmi3k (+1)
Son of D
openrob

Should be there later, not sure what time though.

We'll be in this pub till 8 then we're heading to somewhere else for food, I'll let you know where we end up.

Edit: we're on North End Road gonna get food from some fast food joint then go to The Slug, Fulham.

Edit: We're all in the Slug now

7aged

Thinking of joining you guys. I'm currently in Angel waiting for flaky friends. Might jump ship. Where are you guys at? Oh, I've got trainers on unfortunately. I've been out and about all day didn't have time to go home and get changed

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking of joining you guys. I'm currently in Angel waiting for flaky friends. Might jump ship. Where are you guys at? Oh, I've got trainers on unfortunately. I've been out and about all day didn't have time to go home and get changed

We're at the slug at fulham. Trainers are fine

SKINNER!

Banned
Incredible meetup and unforgettable night once again. Thanks to everyone I met :) hope you all had a wonderful evening. Thanks to eggybob for guiding me to the right bus back to my hostel. I'm off to get some sleep now. Good night :D

Xun

Sorry for not being able to make it in the end.

By the time I managed to leave it was already pretty late, and the travel to Fulham would've been a pain without the District Line.

Next time!

Any pics taken?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
BGBW looking sharp with the new doo. Mike still looking like an emo lion. Noffs still looking like a cunt :D

really missed you chaps this weekend, my sadness was palpable. NEXT TIME

Mikeside

BGBW looking sharp with the new doo. Mike still looking like an emo lion. Noffs still looking like a cunt :D

really missed you chaps this weekend, my sadness was palpable. NEXT TIME

We missed you too buddy.
You have you come to a game expo next time, I think you'd love dicking about and playing shit like Gang Beasts

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
We missed you too buddy.
You have you come to a game expo next time, I think you'd love dicking about and playing shit like Gang Beasts

But gameeeeers...! I just think it would bring out my inner bastard. I'm a far nicer person when there's not fifty thousand gamers around me to take the piss out of. And (shhhhhh but) I don't think I'm into modern games any more...

And yeah, I got to practice yesterday with all my LEZ money and Johnny said he doesn't need it yet, so I probably coulda come out. WAAAAAH

Son Of D

As you might be able to tell, I got drunk fast. Was on my third drink rather quickly. And I'm usually the slowest drinker. Anyway, here are a few more pictures. Some of these are ones I took and some are ones from the Whatsapp group.

SKINNER!

Banned
BGBW was getting invited into selfie pics by numerous random chicks at the dancefloor because of that pikachu hat. Him, Eggybob and I were all hardcore gaffers 'til the bitter end singing Grease medleys and Bohemian Rhapsody.

What a glorious night!

Btw, is that dating game on Android?

eggybob

Unconfirmed Member
It may not look great that we were all around my phone playing matchmaker but that was possibly the most fun I've had playing a phone game before

Hey guys, was great to meet you all, even if it was only briefly. Look forward to the next meetup :)

Lovely to meet you too buddy! You showing up ticked our quota for a newbie! Come and hang out in the BritGaf thread, and I'll let you know when the next one is.

Stuart444

I was thinking about coming but in the end, EGX just took it out of me lol.

Glad you all had fun. :) Maybe someday I'll come to a meet up with you lot.

To the three people above: Certainly. Email me Rupert at Eurogamer dot net and I'll sort!

Sorry mate but are you Rupert Loman, the big boss of Eurogamer? Just wanted to chime in and thank you for the years of enjoyment I have had out of the site, if so. Cheers! :)

Err, sorry for the derail Brit-gits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom