• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broadchurch - A compelling mystery series w/ David Tennant - S2 - Mondays on ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

There's a third season already!? :O Thought I'd read something about it not being renewed in the near future. Or maybe I mixed it up with Luther, dunno. Anyway, looking forward to whenever it hits German Netflix.

AHA-Lambda

my only complaint about this season is that the latimers are still part of it, we don't really need them anymore,

It's weird, they feel completely unnecessary and periphery to the story this time. They just don't need to be here this season, but you could argue is it really Broadchurch then?

But on the other hand, half of S2 was all about them and S2 was a damn mess.

I've really enjoyed series three, and I properly got bored with series 2 and the trial.

A few people I've been chatting to have a theory that the rapist is Rory (well, the vicar, I don't know his name, I've been referring to them all by other roles or their actors) just for sake of a twist but that strikes me as unnecessary and out there.

I'm currently going for the husband Jim. Obvious in terms of all things pointing to it, but hey, if this is about realistic storylines, just because they had consenting sex some times doesn't mean he's not capable of it.

Jezabel

Well broadchurch is done.

I really enjoyed that last episode and the series as a whole. While series two was a misstep I felt like this season really picked up the slack.

I get the complaints about the Latimers this season but I felt like the scene between mark and Beth in the finale redeemed there inclusion, it was very raw and powerful stuff.

Sad we won't get to see more of Hardy and Miller I thought they were a great duo. This is right up there for me as one of my favourite British crime series along with the fall and Luther, any suggestions for what I should Persue next?

Also the music by Olafur Arnalds is fantastic, I've got the OST on my phone

Carn82

Also the music by Olafur Arnalds is fantastic, I've got the OST on my phone

He's greatl! been to a few live shows, really worth it if you dig his stuff. Living Room Songs is a my favorite work that he has done, it's tonally close to the broadchurch soundtrack as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom