• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Broadchurch - A compelling mystery series w/ David Tennant - S2 - Mondays on ITV

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomtom94

Season 1 had a psychic guy wandering around claiming to have messages from the dead. There's always been flaws.

Claire Ashworth's appearance was still really forced, though.

Curious to see what goes on in the next episode.

Ruruja

I'm really enjoying this season actually, although I think the whole Sandbrook side-story could be dropped without much loss to the show, I'm not sure why it's there to be honest.

I'm really enjoying this season actually, although I think the whole Sandbrook side-story could be dropped without much loss to the show, I'm not sure why it's there to be honest.

Really? It's the best part! This courtroom shit is lame, unrealistic as noted above and completely melodramatic. The shit at the end - I mean really? Just give Tennant and Coleman a new case and scrap the rest of these shitty characters!

akileese

How was the confession thrown out just like that.

Man, this show.

That killed it for me. Didn't even finish the episode. Just shut it off and said "I'm done." If you have video evidence of him confessing BEFORE he's beaten (mind you the entire beating is probably recorded as well) then why in the world isn't this reviewed? Dramatic effect for the sake of dramatic effect while completing throwing logic and process out the window is awful.

I really enjoyed the first season and frankly, was pretty intrigued where they were going with it after the opener but this was just a really bad episode and that was the turd topping of it all.

Ruruja

That killed it for me. Didn't even finish the episode. Just shut it off and said "I'm done." If you have video evidence of him confessing BEFORE he's beaten (mind you the entire beating is probably recorded as well) then why in the world isn't this reviewed? Dramatic effect for the sake of dramatic effect while completing throwing logic and process out the window is awful.

I really enjoyed the first season and frankly, was pretty intrigued where they were going with it after the opener but this was just a really bad episode and that was the turd topping of it all.

Didn't they say because it means the bruises could have come from before they brought him in, so they could have beaten him into a confession before he got to the station?

liquidtmd

Banned
I appreciate the creators intent they didn't 'just' want to do another direct repeat of S1 with a murder whodunnit and turn it into Midsomer Murders, but it feels forced and melodramic to the point of distraction.

I'm having an OK time watching it and probably will see it through to the end, but it's a comedown.

rakhir

They're trying to create an affair out of a two hour visit? What the fuck.

Eyes-a-rollin'.
Yeah, what the fuck was that? I thought the UK have a strict defamation clauses, can Miller or Hardy just sue the hell out of that bitch for such accusations without any evidence? She straight-out accused her of not only an affair but also tempering of evidence and conspiracy.
I know that shit goes easy in USA-based series, but this is not that.

Yeah, what the fuck was that? I thought the UK have a strict defamation clauses, can Miller or Hardy just sue the hell out of that bitch for such accusations without any evidence? She straight-out accused her of not only an affair but also tempering of evidence and conspiracy.
I know that shit goes easy in USA-based series, but this is not that.

I'm not sure how that works in court really, but I found it especially laughable that the claim was made directly after the defence shot down Miller's suspicion about her husband's movements while she was asleep. They have evidence of her arriving, and of her leaving, but nothing in between. Stick to the facts!

Then again, it's the job of barristers to be total fuckers, so perhaps that kind of thing is common place.

Personally I haven't really thought much of this series so far. I really enjoyed the first because the cast was very strong and the direction and cinematography were brilliant, while the mystery itself was so-so. So far, the new cast additions do nothing for me, the direction and cinematography have taken a clear nosedive and I'm not finding the mystery at all interesting.

Vazduh

This fucking episode...
ZcUrO1q.gif
ZcUrO1q.gif
ZcUrO1q.gif

I honestly didn't expect such a big dip in quality... and so soon!

I just finished watching this.

It was really nice. Love aesthics, music and actors but it felt sometimes a bit like a throw in mystery. young and drugs, familly abuse, old pedo, village scape goat, mystic guy, you name it...

edit : wait what, there's a season 2 ? wtf

ohNOitsRO

Where can I watch this in the US? I saw the first season on Netflix, and now I keep seeing something about season 2 premiering in March, even though I think it started in early Jan? Someone guide me!

tarby

Neo Member
Where can I watch this in the US? I saw the first season on Netflix, and now I keep seeing something about season 2 premiering in March, even though I think it started in early Jan? Someone guide me!

Started in the UK in January. March is the BBC America premiere.

Slowdive

Banned

It airs in America in March, but it started in the UK earlier this month. You can watch it here by using something like Hola.

Peru

Really.. someone spending time with a colleague who she's worked closely with on a super special case as that case is coming to a close is grounds to state they're having an affair and are scheming - and everyone buys it?

akileese

Didn't they say because it means the bruises could have come from before they brought him in, so they could have beaten him into a confession before he got to the station?

I guess in a round about way that sort of makes sense but you have a confession on tape with no video with no visible damage to him. That's asking the viewers to take a huge leap of faith. To me, it sort of invalidated the rest of the court scenes.

Ruruja

Episode 4 was probably the worst episode yet for me. The acting and the dialogue were just really weird. Interesting few twists at the end though.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
This episode in particular had very long, drawn-out "cinematic" shots.

The content was otherwise not as offensive as the previous ones, but that's not a net positive.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Could people from the UK assure me this is by no means how your court system works?

This episode in particular had very long, drawn-out "cinematic" shots.

The content was otherwise not as offensive as the previous ones, but that's not a net positive.

Yeah direction and cinematography were a night and day improvement over eps 1-4. Having looked up the crew, it was directed by someone who's new to the series, but there's no change in the cinematographer (who's doing the whole second series).

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
i don't mind the second season.
i didn't know it was this hated.
OBJECTION!

YOU AND THE OTHER PERSON WERE HAVING AN AFFAIR WEREN'T YOU!

OBJECTION!

KEY EVIDENCE COULD HAVE MAYBE BEEN BEATEN OUT OF THE DEFENDANT BEFORE THE DEFENDANT CONFESSED. HIS WIFE IS ALSO A POLICE OFFICER!

OBJECTION!

HE DIDN'T DO IT BECAUSE ???

*CUE FIVE MINUTES OF DAVID TENANT OR THE MOTHER GAZING ABOUT*

AHA-Lambda

I wouldn't say I actively hate the series but it is a BIG letdown, and to me actually it's the Sandbrook stuff that just doesn't hold my interest.

The court stuff ain't realistic at all no, but I find it interesting in it's soap opera schlock.

V_Arnold

Broadchurch S1 was close to perfection.
This season just became entertaining, nothing more.

I see the connection though, the baggage from Sandbrook. Also the uncleanness the case has been handled so far.

mujun

I stopped watching this halfway through episode 5. I thought season 1 was good, not great but really really solid.

Season 2 is straight up poop.

How many damned times are we going to have someone standing off in the distance watching someone else. How did the show take such a dive.

Vazduh

There's no way that the final episodes will redeem the suckitude of these past few episodes.

It's still watchable, but so, so bad compared to S1.

The British viewers obviously agree on that since the ratings are falling fast.

From Dailymail:

-The second series debuted with an audience of 7.3million on 5 January
-Last night pulled in just 5.3 million viewers as another 300,000 switched off
-New series has come under fire for inaccuracies and unrealistic scenes

Vazduh

So s2 is garbage then? how disappointing.

What Chris1 said - it's not exactly garbage, but it's not great either.

The acting, directing and the score are as good as in S1, but the writing has taken a huge dip in quality, and that's the biggest problem in the current season.

pj

Banned
Is there any real explanation for why
what's his name recanted and plead not guilty?
Obviously the real reason is to make the show more dramatic and what not, but it seems completely ridiculous in the context of what happened in season 1

Is there any real explanation for why
what's his name recanted and plead not guilty?
Obviously the real reason is to make the show more dramatic and what not, but it seems completely ridiculous in the context of what happened in season 1

I think all he said was that he'd decided he didn't want to go to prison for it. I guess the reason they've not dug into it is that they'll be a SURPRISE accomplice that will be revealed in the finale or some similar utter shit.

On another note, who the fuck would choose to wear a piece of stolen evidence from a murder (in which you're seemingly involved) in a photograph that you're going to be sharing so publicly? I mean, COME ON!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom