• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine S3 |OT| No Braugher, Just Hader - Tuesdays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frog-fu

Banned
Season 2 is better than season 1 but not by a huge margin. It was just more comfortable with the characters after they were properly established.

For example, Captain Holt was much funnier in season 2.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I don't know if I liked it MORE than S1 but I really don't see the huge drop in quality that some in here seem to suggesting. Seemed like a pretty natural continuation of the first season to me and there were many really funny moments.

The Wuntch stuff was great.

Dice//

Banned
Definitely looking forward to this. Season 2 wasn't quite as good as the first, but it was still very good. And Holt was amazing. Hoping for more Gina this season. I felt like she didn't get as much time in S2.

I can do without the constant "I'm a rare exotic butterfly, I need to be free" lines though...

TheOddOne

Season premiere today:
Season 3: episode 1 "New Captain"

After Holt is transferred to the NYPD Department of Public Relations, the new captain’s arrival causes the precinct to dissolve into chaos, despite Terry’s best efforts to keep everyone on point. Meanwhile, Jake and Amy face the aftermath of their “for reals” kiss.

Carcetti

So is Braugher out or not? I knew nothing about this series and managed to binge watch 2 seasons on netflix super fast, despite initially disliking the show. Holt's pretty much the greatest thing in it, especially in season 2 where he holds the whole thing together.

TheOddOne

So is Braugher out or not? I knew nothing about this series and managed to binge watch 2 seasons on netflix super fast, despite initially disliking the show. Holt's pretty much the greatest thing in it, especially in season 2 where he holds the whole thing together.
Spoiler:
No. That is all I'm going to say :)

Milchjon

Binge watched the first two seasons recently and was surprised reading these posts.

Didn't feel like the difference in quality was significant, watching them in quick succession.

Can't wait for the 3rd season.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hate Hader's character so far. The tablet thing feels ripped out of the shitty seasons of The Office.

B.K.

Hate Hader's character so far. The tablet thing feels ripped out of the shitty seasons of The Office.

I hate all the characters. I only 'watch' the show when I have it on in the background, but from what I've seen, all the characters are horrible. There's not a single one likable.

TripOpt55

Great premiere. I didn't like Hader's character at all, so him being gone already is fine by me. I also loved The Vulture, so he should be fun for however long he lasts. Holt and Wunch continue to be a fantastic pairing and Gina had a ton of good lines (like the Timberlake/Fatone one and the one about her reality show/fragrance names). Jake and Amy are cute together and Boyle's investment in the whole thing makes it better. Good stuff. Happy to have this back on.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Heh, we so called Dean Winters coming back as the captain in the S2 thread.

mm04

Aww yeah, the show's still got it. Loved that Hader being the new captain was such a focus leading up to the season and he got killed off in the damn premiere.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought we still spoiler tagged stuff even if it aired at least for a bit?

Crocodile

Hader's character was a waste of time. I know this is a comedy (and absurd shit has happened in this show) but I just can't buy that someone with such a terrible heart condition (to say nothing of the character being a horrible human being) could rise to such a high position in the police force. The sub-plot of Holt vs. Madeline fell flat to me too. As such I can only call this episode ok to mediocre. Let's see what happens when the season "really" starts next weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom