• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brothers, i just bought bloodborne

INC

Hmm, what was your problem? Was it bosses or normal enemies? Or was it getting an idea of what to do? "Git gud" is mostly a meme, but it carries some truth in that it tries to say "try to do better". Which mostly are about paying attention and being patient, instead of falling into the same old mashing buttons tendencies. Honestly, it's no different than the MGS games, especially the earlier games (replaying MGS1 on harder difficulties reminded me of some of my biggest struggles in some of the Souls games).

Anyways, my point is that if your problem was with bosses, playing Demon's Souls (ps3) or Demon's Souls remake (ps5) is a good and softer entry point, imo. A lot of the bosses are puzzle bosses and they're less reaction based than later bosses in the series. There's also the option of summoning if you need help.
If it's the enemies, I'd recommend talking with fellow gaffers and getting some advice on parts you struggle with, no matter which Souls game. "Git gud" is in its essence a sort of celebration of your meaningful progress, of realizing that there's worth in overcoming obstacles. That doesn't mean you can't get some help along the way, as why else would you have a summoning and message system. Back in the days people were sharing info and everything on the DeS OT as well.

Don't give up. You are good enough. My first Souls game was Dark Souls 1. Bought it at launch, dropped it after getting completely nowhere wrecked by skeletons. Picked it up a year or so later, getting a small hint from a friend on which direction to go and I struggled onwards until *BAM* I got hooked. Then it was DaS2, DeS, BB and DaS3.

Just can't play them, and Its not for the want of playing, just doesn't click. It's fine, I've watched most souls games on YouTube. Rather watch a decent player, than fumble through it myself

mcz117chief

I bought Bloodborne a few weeks back, it is okay but it didn't hook me at all. I think the best Souls game last gen is Code Vein.

Troglodyte

Banned
Enjoy brother. Yku can only play through that masterpiece for the first time once. Soak it all in. And when you're done watch some lore vids on YouTube.

Die with honor mi carnal

tenor.gif

NinjaBoiX

Enjoy OP, but don’t stress about the “play it blind, it’s the only way” bollocks. There aren’t really any huge surprises or anything you’re going to spoil, and it can get quite irritating finding where to go sometimes. It’s just a load of areas with enemies then a boss at the end, just consult a walkthrough if you need to.

But yeah, it’s decent. Not mind blowing or the best game ever IMO, but it’s definitely a decent action RPG.

Zeroing

Banned
I finished every single souls game, i pomised myself to finish them all and leave bloodborne for last since iam such a fucking sucker for the lovecraft theme

Brothers, i feel like every day for the last two years now has led me to this, i even fucking bought a ps3 just to play demon souls last year ( sold it back the moment i finished it kek)

what an incredible journy this was, every single one of those games was amazing

My current ranking:

Dark souls 1 >>>>> demon souls> dark souls 3 > dark souls 2

Today i got a PS4 slim for cheap and a bloodborne copy

Iam fucking ready
You will love it and get addicted to playing on the chalice dungeons to get new gems!

oh no now I want to play it again!

Top Bottom