• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bryan Fuller Says Talks Have Begun On Bringing Back HANNIBAL

What a coincidence! I just ordered season 3 of Hannibal on bluray yesterday.
I've had season 1+2 for ages, but I wasn't as big of a fan of season 3, so I'm just now getting around to it (and it was only $10).

Not 100% sure how I'd feel about another season. I would love more Hannibal, but season 3 of Hannibal and American Gods both got me a little tired of some of the Bryan Fuller-isms that get used a lot in those shows. I'm less of a fan of his musical/sound ques in a lot of scenes, and I feel like when there's TOO much psychedelic/artsy stuff happening, it can take away from what's going on (especially when they end up explaining it more clearly in an episode or two). In their defense, I haven't rewatched season 3 yet, so maybe I'll appreciate it more the second time through (hence why I decided to buy it).

But Hannibal at its best is some of the best TV out, so if they can get Mads and Hugh back and have enough of an idea of what they'd like to do with them for a 4th season I'd definitely be there for it.

Season 3 has one of the cooler television show trailers out there:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLb12Eg4f00

I actually really love the first half of Season 3. Looking back on it, it's a bit pretentious, but I dig the Talented Mr Ripley vibe, and seeing Hannibal off the chain killing fools while being fancy is fun. It has a really strong ending too once Jack enters the fray.

Hannibal vs Jack Take Two is very cathartic even tho Hannibal gets away.

I worry about Raul Esparza's availability. Something was keeping him off of SVU a lot last year :(

I hope he's okay :(

I’ll never understand the dislike for Season 3.

That season was Brian F. entirely unrestrained, creating art on a canvas that generally plays host to the most banal of content. (Network TV)

It was auteur, genuine and indulgent; it was unapologetically pure, unfiltered, unencumbered expression.

I love this show and continue to be amazed it ever managed to last three seasons on network TV.

Top Bottom