• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bryan Fuller Says Talks Have Begun On Bringing Back HANNIBAL

paskowitz

I still can't believe this show was on broadcast network television.

This is my main lingering thought with this show. How on earth did they dance around the TV ratings and show that much gore? GoT had some bad scenes with Ramsey... but IMO... Hannibal was worse and it was on NBC... wut?

Overall I liked the show. S3 was almost self aware levels of pretentiousness... but S2 and S1 were great. The tension was palpable.

Vic_Viper

Don't want it if it's a prequel unless they are able to get the original cast back. The show relied way too much on the books and movies and I would have liked to see them do a lot more original plot lines in between each arc. Almost felt rushed to me and was sad to see it only lasted 3 seasons.

Can't believe it took me so long to actually get into it but man it was good once I got past the first few episodes.

AoM

Don't want it if it's a prequel unless they are able to get the original cast back. The show relied way too much on the books and movies and I would have liked to see them do a lot more original plot lines in between each arc. Almost felt rushed to me and was sad to see it only lasted 3 seasons.

Can't believe it took me so long to actually get into it but man it was good once I got past the first few episodes.

I see the show and books/movies as basically two different entities, especially given the radical difference between Will and Hannibal's relationship.

Is this Show good? I'm thinking about watching It.

Yep.

Slermy

I know and they did it well in season 1 and 2. Season 3 is where they went overkill, to the point where it was hurting story progression.

Agreed. The balance in seasons 1 & 2 was perfect. The 1st half was just way too overboard with this stuff. 2nd half was much better, and had a great final episode.

Oh damn. Well, the first season is still far and away my favorite season of television ever, so while adding another season would be cool, it will still lack what I love about S1 so much. By which I mean, I'm happy with or without.

HOWEVER! If they decided to deviate a little bit and do more character development instead of story line progression, I'd be 100% on board with that shit. There's still a TON to learn about the characters, imo, so I wouldn't mind seeing stuff off-book or whatever.
The character illusion with Mads is a little broken with me now, though, since I know what a fuckin' weird sweatsuit-wearing nerdy hobo he is l o l oh Mads

Whats his name could definitely use it. He was dull af in Rogue One Dr. Strange
Yeah I'm gonna say that's entirely due to the fault of the writing since he was excellent in The Hunt and Hannibal. It's not like Rogue One was known for its good characters (plus he was in it for like 3 minutes) and the MCU villains aren't exactly good either...

berzeli

Banned
I fucking hate myself for this:
vJ2SH5T.png

(Martha De Laurentiis is the exec producer of Hannibal)

Epcott

I love it! Just don't call it Hannibal, that ended perfectly.

It would be great to see where Will, Jack, and co. are at, 2 years later. Air it on Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and turn the censors off.

Monocle

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make this happen.

My #1 most wanted TV revival. Hannibal is brilliant.

NO

I don't want this. 3 seasons and out was perfect. The way that third season went out was perfect. Fuller's conception/adaptation of Red Dragon & Hannibal was amazing and managed to improve on almost every aspect of those two books, and definitely brought to life the best versions of basically every character Harris ever created for the series.

I don't really want a remake of Silence of the Lambs out of this guy. Not considering the way he ended Red Dragon. Not considering that Silence of the Lambs was basically kind of a rewrite/update of Red Dragon in the first place.

Leave it where it is.
What the hell, no way. Fuller's ideas for Season 4 sound fantastic. I want to see Hannibal and Will Graham operate with the new dynamic they discovered in the S3 finale. I want to see Clarice as a woman of color enter this fascinating conglomeration of Hannibal lore that Fuller has constructed.

This show's potential is nowhere close to spent. Will Graham's arc is far from over. Fuller had a plan for a complete story with a real conclusion and I want him to see it through.

I love it! Just don't call it Hannibal, that ended perfectly.

It would be great to see where Will, Jack, and co. are at, 2 years later. Air it on Netflix, Hulu, HBO, and turn the censors off.

I've been saying since the cancellation, call it Silence of the Lambs. Exploit that legacy and make it seem open to brand new viewers.

Monocle

Will it have double the amount of slow mo blood drop scene
It might have double the amount of people ignoring context and bellyaching about episodes that used a visual grammar developed over two seasons to portray the dislocation of a severely traumatized mind processing grief.

People who complain about the stylization of the show in general, though, not just the first half of S3, should have stopped watching after the pilot episode, because Hannibal's style and substance are as intermeshed as can be.

After S3's disappearance up its own ass?

Nah, I'm good. If it were like S2 then I'd be down.
Be a more discerning viewer. The style is the opposite of meaningless and indulgent. It's all symbolism. And it's not even that obscure if you're paying attention to which characters the show's POV empathizes with.

Demme's movie was perfect. Fuller's show was cool, though I find his dialogue to often be too sterile at times, but I don't think he could make an adaptation of Silence of the Lambs as good as that.

Such a grimy crime thriller. If they do bring back Hannibal I'd rather they go for another story.

What the hell, no way. Fuller's ideas for Season 4 sound fantastic. I want to see Hannibal and Will Graham operate with the new dynamic they discovered in the S3 finale. I want to see Clarice as a woman of color enter this fascinating conglomeration of Hannibal lore that Fuller has constructed.

This show's potential is nowhere close to spent. Will Graham's arc is far from over. Fuller had a plan for a complete story with a real conclusion and I want him to see it through.

I must have missed this. What were Fuller's ideas for season 4?

Monocle

I must have missed this. What were Fuller's ideas for season 4?
In a series of interviews after Hannibal's cancellation, Fuller referenced a few points he wanted hit in S4. The main thing being a new direction for Will Graham that reportedly had Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen very excited to continue.

Fuller also talked about showing more of our favorite power couple Alana Bloom and Margot Verger. Namely a possible subplot regarding Margot's food empire (IIRC he mentioned something to do with food ethics), and whether Hannibal
drops in on Alana to make good on his death threat.

The after credits scene in the S3 finale hinted at
Will and Hannibal
meeting
Bedelia
again, which Fuller confirmed.

Lastly, Fuller had a number of ideas for how to adapt The Silence of the Lambs with Will Graham in the picture. Clarice would possibly be a black woman, so the part of her story that deals with the challenges faced by woman of humble origins working in the male-dominated FBI would gain the extra layer of racial politics. I'd love to see Fuller's take on that material. It would make for an interesting and current twist on Clarice's character.

In a series of interviews after Hannibal's cancellation, Fuller referenced a few points he wanted hit in S4. The main thing being a new direction for Will Graham that reportedly had Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen very excited to continue.

Fuller also talked about showing more of our favorite power couple Alana Bloom and Margot Verger. Namely a possible subplot regarding Margot's food empire (IIRC he mentioned something to do with food ethics), and whether Hannibal
drops in on Alana to make good on his death threat.

The after credits scene in the S3 finale hinted at
Will and Hannibal
meeting
Bedelia
again, which Fuller confirmed.

Lastly, Fuller had a number of ideas for how to adapt The Silence of the Lambs with Will Graham in the picture. Clarice would possibly be a black woman, so the part of her story that deals with the challenges faced by woman of humble origins working in the male-dominated FBI would gain the extra layer of racial politics. I'd love to see Fuller's take on that material. It would make for an interesting and current twist on Clarice's character.

I don't know about continuing the story with the main characters of Will and Alana, though I do trust that Fuller knows what he is doing. But I certainly love bringing Clarice into the mix, and having her being black would absolutely add to her character.

Zoe

Fuckin' hell yeah.

Let's get some Buffalo Chill up in here!

I maintain seeing a remix of SOTL with Chilton and Mirriam Lass would be intriguing

Imagine these two having to team up.

I worry about Raul Esparza's availability. Something was keeping him off of SVU a lot last year :(

Dysun

I was super bummed going into Season 3 thinking it would be the last, but that season made me accept it. The Red Dragon part was great but the first half is way too self-indulgent

Sir Doom

No but I think it will have about double the people complaining about its artsy style and trying to force it to be like every other show and thus taking away one of its most unique aspects.
It might have double the amount of people ignoring context and bellyaching about episodes that used a visual grammar developed over two seasons to portray the dislocation of a severely traumatized mind processing grief.

People who complain about the stylization of the show in general, though, not just the first half of S3, should have stopped watching after the pilot episode, because Hannibal's style and substance are as intermeshed as can be.

I watched all Hannibal. I even watched American Gods, but I think in. American Gods is when it finally hit me. I would rather have them move the plot forward

Hannibal Season 1-2 balanced it out

Meier

My wife is an obsessive Fannibal so she's on top of all happenings Bryan Fuller. She's remaining cautiously optimistic.

Top Bottom