• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm Remastered on the way?

aBarreras

Not me or anyone else I know. :/

This is the first bullet storm thread I've seen and it has like 20 posts. Obviously my "anyone" wasn't ANYONE but the figure of speech.

well its not 20 posts anymore!

Bulletstorm is a fucking great game

Hmm, this may brake the camels back for me with remasters.

I enjoyed 5-6 hours of the game but it got old fast. Maybe it makes sense as the game seemed to get more of a following well after release and this could get more people on board if they want to make another one.

If you had asked me last week what previous generation games would be totally unnecessary remasters, this would have been on the list.

Can't imagine I'll play it again but I hope this helps them make some money and new games.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Campaign co-op please. Did they ever patch out GFWL of the PC ver? If not, free upgrade or bust.

Grief.exe

Campaign co-op please. Did they ever patch out GFWL of the PC ver? If not, free upgrade or bust.

Nope.

Jase emailed PCF and they heavily implied that EA was blocking any attempts at GFWL cleansing.

Since PCF are independent now, and purchased the IP, it would be perfectly justifiable to charge for the upgrade to the remaster. Possibly giving a discount to current owners.

Kopacha

Neo Member
Can't wait to "Murder them in the holes" AGAIN !!
Hopefully we might see BS2 also resurrected along the lines

PCF, MS, please make it happen

Mivey

PaulloDEC

Self awareness is not funny in and of itself. It's totally understandable that to some people the writing in this game is just not funny, it's not that clever to come up with ever weirder ways to cuss.
I mean, sure it's better than the absolutely brain dead CoD stuff, but Bulletstorm is not, for example, on the same level as No One Lives Forever.

I wasn't being entirely serious, though I do genuinely have a fondness for Bulletstorm's particular brand of juvenile stupidity. I know it won't be to everyone's tastes.

As for NOLF, I'd very much love to play those games and see for myself, but unfortunately WB (or whoever the hell holds the rights) doesn't want my money.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I played this when it came out, while the game is not bad at all. Gameplay is solid, but come on. Does not need a remaster version lol

Fasty

Played the demo when it came out and hated it.

Then got it for free on PS+ (those were the days) and couldn't put it down. Amazing gameplay and unexpectedly hilarious. Was so hyped when People Can Fly became a thing again and got the IP rights

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I played this when it came out, while the game is not bad at all. Gameplay is solid, but come on. Does not need a remaster version lol

Yes it does, because PCF need the money to help fund a sequel and get mindshare for the original game up.

Remasters are perfect for relaunching IP's to get people up to speed who may not have been around at the time of the original release

Ninhead

This game flopped due to the knuckle-dragging advertising campaign, plain and simple. It's a more-than-competent shooter with an above average story and quirky sense of humor. If the ads wouldn't have had "dicktits" all over them, it probably would've done better. While I'd absolutely buy the remaster, it won't kickstart the IP. That time, sadly, has passed.

choodi

Banned
Started playing and turned it off because the stupid dialogue just irritated me. Tried way too hard to be edgy and cool, just came across immature and lame.

Rodelero

Started playing and turned it off because the stupid dialogue just irritated me. Tried way too hard to be edgy and cool, just came across immature and lame.

I feel like you may have missed the point. Unlike games, like say, Gears, which are most certainly trying to be edgy and cool, Bulletstorm is aping and mocking that trend of games from last gen.

PaulloDEC

I feel like you may have missed the point. Unlike games, like say, Gears, which are most certainly trying to be edgy and cool, Bulletstorm is aping and mocking that trend of games from last gen.

Seriously, I don't understand how this flew over so many heads. I mean, I totally understand that the humour didn't land for everyone, but the whole point of the game was to be a humorous counterpoint to the super-edgy grimdark tone that so many other shooters of the time were immersed in.

While other games were using swearing to appeal to the angry teen demo, Bulletstorm was pushing bad language past reason and into the realm of the ludicrous. You weren't supposed to be sitting there thinking "Oh man, yeah, dicktits, sick burn."

mcz117chief

Seriously, I don't understand how this flew over so many heads. I mean, I totally understand that the humour didn't land for everyone, but the whole point of the game was to be a humorous counterpoint to the super-edgy grimdark tone that so many other shooters of the time were immersed in.

While other games were using swearing to appeal to the angry teen demo, Bulletstorm was pushing bad language past reason and into the realm of the ludicrous. You weren't supposed to be sitting there thinking "Oh man, yeah, dicktits, sick burn."

But "I will kill your dicks" is a sick burn ;)

Yeah, the whole game is like the anti-game. Every time something familiar is supposed to start it turns it around 180°. Like when there is a huge boss arena you expect a boss fight but then the boss comes and dies by falling in a hole or when Trishka tells you to be silent you expect a stealth section but the first thing you do is blow up a whole block. The game is ridiculously good and it's absurdity.

Bsigg12

Fuck yeah! Between this and the Bioshock Collection, all the games I really want to play again are finally coming back in a decent fashion.

choodi

Banned

I understand what it was trying to do, it just wasn't very clever.

As I said, I turned it off pretty quick so I may have missed some sort of "now it makes sense" moment, but it didn't work for me at all.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I understand what it was trying to do, it just wasn't very clever.

Yes, we all like our refined dick tits video games filled with clever witty poshness.

The game makes no bones about being a game, or trying to be brash or in your face. Its not trying to be clever.

Top Bottom