• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm Remastered on the way?

Warxard

Banned
I understand what it was trying to do, it just wasn't very clever.

As I said, I turned it off pretty quick so I may have missed some sort of "now it makes sense" moment, but it didn't work for me at all.

It's not supposed to be clever

Raptor

Let me have the shotgun from the start and I buy it.

As it is you get way too late and there was no game+, fuck that noise.

choodi

Banned
Yes, we all like our refined dick tits video games filled with clever witty poshness.

The game makes no bones about being a game, or trying to be brash or in your face. Its not trying to be clever.

Parody does not have to be as blunt as a sledgehammer to be effective, in fact it's less effective that way.

warxard said:

That's kind of my point. It's big and dumb and stupid and I didn't like it very much.

ArjanN

I thought it actually was pretty clever. At the start of the game they feel like Gears of War characters turned up to 11, but I feel during the course of the game they subtly tone it down a bit and I actually warmed up to them quite a bit.

Monocle

Seriously, I don't understand how this flew over so many heads. I mean, I totally understand that the humour didn't land for everyone, but the whole point of the game was to be a humorous counterpoint to the super-edgy grimdark tone that so many other shooters of the time were immersed in.

While other games were using swearing to appeal to the angry teen demo, Bulletstorm was pushing bad language past reason and into the realm of the ludicrous. You weren't supposed to be sitting there thinking "Oh man, yeah, dicktits, sick burn."
Seriously.

Top Bottom