• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie comments on Halo 2 cheating on Live - out of hand, autoupdate coming

----

Banned
I've been playing Halo 2 online for the past few days and it's been terrible. You still can't choose your map or rules in the Optimatch games (which automatically makes this one of the worst Xbox Live games), but now these stupid kids on Xbox Live are quiting out in matches, killing teammates, and cursing you out whenever they lose. 99% of the people I end up playing with are teenage boys with annoying southern accents, who make me cringe everytime they open their mouthes. The free maps aren't really that good either. I got sick of playing the game very quickly and finally shut off my Xbox when an immature idiot on my team upon badly losing a match cursed out the other team saying their win proved only that they were all virgins who had never felt pussy before. It just got to the point where I realized I was spending my time with such low class idiots it made me yearn for the days of Halo on Gamespy Arcade where I couldn't actually hear anyone's voices. I mean if 99.9% of the people I'm playing against online are annoying immature slackjawed boys then I'd rather not know.

I'm sure there are some decent people on Xbox Live, but like me I'm sure they don't spend that much time on the service. I can't imagine any decent person wanting to hang around the Xbox Live crowd for extended periods of time. I'd go nuts listening to these people day after day and playing with so many idiots on a regular basis.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I also love when the little kids get mad at you and try to mock you by making their voices higher when repeating what you said. Their voices are already an octave higher then mine so why do they need to raise it anymore :lol

But yeah Xbox Live has gotten worse with H2. I loved playing on it in the Midtown Madness 3 days. People were actually fun and respectful 80% of the time.

hgplayer1

---- said:
I've been playing Halo 2 online for the past few days and it's been terrible. You still can't choose your map or rules in the Optimatch games (which automatically makes this one of the worst Xbox Live games), but now these stupid kids on Xbox Live are quiting out in matches, killing teammates, and cursing you out whenever they lose. 99% of the people I end up playing with are teenage boys with annoying southern accents, who make me cringe everytime they open their mouthes. The free maps aren't really that good either. I got sick of playing the game very quickly and finally shut off my Xbox when an immature idiot on my team upon badly losing a match cursed out the other team saying their win proved only that they were all virgins who had never felt pussy before. It just got to the point where I realized I was spending my time with such low class idiots it made me yearn for the days of Halo on Gamespy Arcade where I couldn't actually hear anyone's voices. I mean if 99.9% of the people I'm playing against online are annoying immature slackjawed boys then I'd rather not know.

I'm sure there are some decent people on Xbox Live, but like me I'm sure they don't spend that much time on the service. I can't imagine any decent person wanting to hang around the Xbox Live crowd for extended periods of time. I'd go nuts listening to these people day after day and playing with so many idiots on a regular basis.

I find it hard to believe that people post at these forums saying they cant find decent people to play with. have you ever tried playing with GAF folk?

What time do you guys play on Live? Once in a while you'll find a quitter, even less a cheater. The really annoying people are usually just fun to laugh at. Get a friend or two and do some matchmaking on slayer. Maybe it's since I'm a higher level but I have no idea. Seriously, Halo 2 on Live is great.

Tain

What blows my mind is how the cheating works.

Supposedly, the cheaters are actually modifying the maps. You're telling me that Halo 2 doesn't even check each client's goddamn map files? I understand that it's a console game and all, but that just sounds stupid.

KINGMOKU

Damn, and I thought I was the only one who sold my X-Box and cancelled live becuase of junk.

BTW, HALOPC runs like a charm, has dedicated servers wich allows people to be banned on the spot, kicked e.t.c..

My names CAB, and I hope to see you on HALO PC. The MUCH better of the two.

Cubsfan23

Banned
The pathetic thing is that people have multiple accounts, basically spending hundreds of dollars so they can cheat in a video game. It baffles the mind.

Tain

The pathetic thing is that people have multiple accounts, basically spending hundreds of dollars so they can cheat in a video game. It baffles the mind.

...Wonder if they realize that bans are per system, not per account.

Sai

moku said:
BTW, HALOPC runs like a charm, has dedicated servers wich allows people to be banned on the spot, kicked e.t.c..
Shame the netcode's so horrible, and that pretty much all decent comp has left the leagues. :p

* Sai is still wondering why his clan stuck with HaloPC for as long as they did.

HaloCE could have changed things around, but it got no support. Another shame.

Rabid Wolverine said:
About time this is gonna get addressed.

Im sick of Flash speeds and flying through the air.

Quitters are no better.

Yeah getting killed when you see someone with a sword after you and they shouldn't be able to get the red lock on you because you're backing up as they chase, but they still do is b.s.
or someone with a shotgun if firing from back where the range sucks then the next thing you know you get shot pointblank and melee'd sucks.

Flying?
Haven't seen that one but are you talking about sword cancelling or super jumps maybe? to sword cancel you get the lock on and before you strike then you press 'weapon reload'. you can get some crazy air that way. people up high at the top of the maps probably found the superjump bug on that particular map. Even the new maps have them.

Playing a couple a couple of times tonight about 80% were people cheating.

Being the usual flying and speed tricks.

Whats worse is the childish remarks at the end of the game.

Fuck i hope this update ends this shit. Even though people can just go out and buy another live kit or use a 2 month trial.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Tain said:
...Wonder if they realize that bans are per system, not per account.

Not sure if you are correct. Bans for modded xboxs are per system. With a map hack I don't think you need to modify the hardware (via softmod?) anyway, the ban for anything other than hardware modification is a ban by credit card. so if they have multiple creditcards, well then they are owning themselves and paying to be disliked.

EDIT: maybe this has changed since map hacking, but I think that they wouldn't ban a system, because what if a dickhead sells his unmodded banned system?

Top Bottom