• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie updates Destiny patch notes after patch goes live due to decimal fail

novablue

Banned
Between all that yearly exclusive thing, pricing of dlc and being dishonest, I would be shocked if Destiny 2 makes at least 3 - 5 million in its first month.

That's hilarious. Apparently, there's also a glitch that lets you earn rewards that were intended for buyers of a $10 book or something

ViciousDS

Banned
Dat balance

qGbv7RW.gif

sajj316

It never works as they intend it it just goes:

Oh Hand Cannons are the thing to use now
Oh Auto Rifles are the thing to use now
Oh Pulse rifles are now the thing to use.

We always just shift to whats the best.

The big issue is that any adjustments because of PVP impacts PVE. I don't believe the way the perks are setup now lends itself to a true weapon balance.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Between all that yearly exclusive thing, pricing of dlc and being dishonest, I would be shocked if Destiny 2 makes at least 3 - 5 million in its first month.

I dont know about that. The PvE gameplay is still superb and better than your Halos, CoD and Battlefields. I left Destiny dejected when the first DLC came out and yet came back when they promised to fix all problems in TTK.

And while they only fixed a few of those problems, I am glad I came back. And i will likely come back again next year. At least three of my friends did the same thing. I am sure millions others will as well.

ViciousDS

Banned
The big issue is that any adjustments because of PVP impacts PVE. I don't believe the way the perks are setup now lends itself to a true weapon balance.

They need to do what guild wars and other mmorpgs do and that's create guns for PvP or have different stats/perks for each gun when used in PvP

gatti-man

That's hilarious. Apparently, there's also a glitch that lets you earn rewards that were intended for buyers of a $10 book or something

I can't believe people would actually pay $10 for what is in the book. Racing league gear that won't be really useable in game after the event is over. Seems weird. Destiny is getting this premium F2P game feel going on with it lately.

I'll make you this promise. Destiny 2 will SELL a minimum of 5 million units its first month. My personal opinion is it will open with 10 million. Why? It has huge IP recognition and Destiny 2 will have been in development for 3 years with no worries about old gen slowing development down.

I fully expect Destiny 2 to set records and review much higher than destiny 1. Bungie is obviously all in on Destiny 2 right now with the way they are treating Destiny 1.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
So glad to have put this series down. I can read stuff like this and laugh instead of being disappointed in Bungie for the hundredth time.

Afrocious

I should've known something like this would happen.

Remember the stuff said about sniper rifles and luck in the chamber? How LitC will proc on precision damage?

Considering a sniper headshot is a precision damage and an instant kill....

pizzacat

Banned
Funny how they would have been commended for owning up to it and they would release the patch fix like nothing happened. They're making me not want to play destiny anymore

someday

Banned
Of course. Look forward to tomorrow's condescending 800 word blog post about everything working as intended.
Agreed. I do think that Deej gets too much flack for his updates though. He is only doing exactly what his bosses want him to do. If it wasn't intentional, he would have been let go or ordered to write differently.

The condescending attitude is coming from Bungie.

So they made a mistake with decimals in game with the changes, but are not trying to act like it was intentional?

Short version we had a weapon balancing patch yesterday, one of the changes was high rate of fire ARs were going to get a 4% buff. Once it was out in the wild people were noticing zero difference in damage output.

Jon Wiesneski put out a tweet tonight saying the AR buff was working, then another tweet changing the patch notes to 0.04% then another claiming it was a typo despite giving the 4% number several times before. They also changed all the other buffs/nerfs which are in the OP but even they don't tally up with what we're seeing

Wait so the buffs to AR's was never there? placebo effect for 3 months? you what now.

*edit* oh this is for the latest update, right? i'm now confused.

XAL

Wait so the buffs to AR's was never there? placebo effect for 3 months? you what now.

They've done this numerous times before sometimes multiple screw ups in 1 patch.

Welcome to hell.

They've done this numerous times before sometimes multiple screw ups in 1 patch.

Welcome to hell.

I still tune in to twitch streams but i've not played since the beginning of this year, when they removed the engram loot bonus from strikes and shoved it into DLC only playlists after "fixing" lack of loot drops everyone complained about

FStop7

Banned
Has Deej reported in to insult the entire playerbase, yet?

I haven't touched Destiny since Fallout 4 released. It's hitting all the right notes with me when it comes to loot. I want to go back to Destiny to do King's Fall, but other than that I'm not super motivated to return.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Communication has alway been poor but this is a real low point. Time to delete Destiny and never look back. Bungie seem like they're working hard to make me regret the time I put into that game. Just really embarrassing stuff. The worst part is there are bugs introduced in the 2.0 patch that still aren't fixed (firefly crashing the game for example). Make no mistake, many of the bugs in this patch will never be fixed and the ones that are wont be fixed in any reasonable timeframe,

Hyun Sai

No surprise here. I always supected there were people at Bungie who had a big problem admitting a mistake, as if a simple "sorry" would kill them. Like Cedric Daniels said "You'd rather live in shit than let the world see you work a shovel".

SwolBro

Banned
i feel bad for people still in this game. iv'e debated coming back to it but it's just a shit show at this point. a real kick in the balls to people that play this everyday.

sell it and never look back people

Wallach

The patch only went live yesterday. The November 19th page was just a preview for the changes that were coming in this patch.

Surely if they were the original numbers and 4% etc was wrong SOMEONE at bungie would have read the announcement and gone "hang on a sec, someone messed up this announcement".

Nope.

Top Bottom