• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout Legends (DS) - IGN Reviews - Awesome!!

Jado

Banned
It's pretty shocking and stupid that Ridge Racer DS, and to some extent Asphalt, still have all these newer car racing games beat. Ports from the DS launch window that are decent at best and that's the best since... Pathetic.

Amir0x

Banned
I wish Zeo was here, so he could tell us how the potential of the TOUCH SCREEN helps the DS game approximate the quality of the console/PSP versions.

On a more serious note, :lol

burnoutl38wd.gif

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
unreal.

we've seen great driving games on the PSX. Great driving games on the N64. But yet the DS just isn't able to get passed decent yet. :(

jarrod

Banned
Shikamaru Ninja said:
These low budget GBA teams are churning out some horrible DS games. Is anyone besides Nintendo and Square-Enix really allowing premier teams on the DS???
Capcom (Clover Studio, Production Studio 4), Konami (Kojima Productions), Tecmo (Team Ninja), Atlus (R&D1) and Activision (Vicarious Visions). That's about it though. :/

sammy

what makes me sad, is that Burnout DS could've made a damn AWESOME 3rd quarter-view 2d sprite based game in the tradition of RC Pro-Amp ---- Or like last years gem, Racing Gears Advance ... damn that is a good game.

Who is ultimately to blame, EA or Nintendo? It's like EA assigns the interns to create a GBA or DS game over a three-day weekend. But does Nintendo have to accept it? Unfortunately, EA is one of the few consistent third-party publishers for Nintendo (I never understood why EA, with their own servers even, never made online GameCube games), so I guess they do.

koam

adamsappel said:
Who is ultimately to blame, EA or Nintendo? It's like EA assigns the interns to create a GBA or DS game over a three-day weekend. But does Nintendo have to accept it? Unfortunately, EA is one of the few consistent third-party publishers for Nintendo (I never understood why EA, with their own servers even, never made online GameCube games), so I guess they do.

Would you refuse Burnout or say no to EA?

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
:lol The music in the videos. They managed to make it even worse than EA Trax which is one hell of an achievement.

CamHostage

jamesinclair said:
Hm, I watched the burnout videos, and it does suck.

And then I watched the NFS:MW videos and was startled by the popup and blinded by the sharp corners.

Im still confused at the scores.

NFS:MW DS is terrible. Maybe worse. But it does have some of the stuff of the console game, customization and ... well, stuff. (I hate having to try to find good things to say about this botch job.) Burnout DS only has a tiny bit of what makes Burnout Burnout, and it fucks that little bit all up. To me, that's more of a travesty, and makes me hate this game so much more.

CamHostage said:
NFS:MW DS is terrible. Maybe worse. But it does have some of the stuff of the console game, customization and ... well, stuff. (I hate having to try to find good things to say about this botch job.) Burnout DS only has a tiny bit of what makes Burnout Burnout, and it fucks that little bit all up. To me, that's more of a travesty, and makes me hate this game so much more.

927346_20051104_screen001.jpg

Yup, has all the console features. I love seeing the turds in the middle of the road in HD on the Xbox 360.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
jamesinclair said:
927346_20051104_screen001.jpg

Yup, has all the console features. I love seeing the turds in the middle of the road in HD on the Xbox 360.

Haha... where is that GIF89 of the "spike turd" bonking the car.

I loved that.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Raiden said:
That was rather painfull to watch, its all downhill since B3.

*exept for Black*
????

What do you mean?

1) Burnout Revenge was BETTER than B3
2) Burnout Legends DS has nothing to do with Criterion

Raiden

Banned
dark10x said:
????

What do you mean?

2) Burnout Legends DS has nothing to do with Criterion

Burnout Revenge was NOT better than B3, Xbox 360 version of Revenge looks pretty lame.

And i forgot that Criterion didnt touched Burnout Legends for the DS :lol

WindyMan

dark10x said:

If you ask me, Burnout Revenge was about the same game as Burnout 3, but since I've already played Burnout 3 to death, Revenge just feels like more of the same. I don't have any incentive to 100% Revenge like I did B3.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Raiden said:
Burnout Revenge was NOT better than B3, Xbox 360 version of Revenge looks pretty lame.

And i forgot that Criterion didnt touched Burnout Legends for the DS :lol
Well perhaps we'll chalk it up as opinion. BR was a much more thrilling game for me due to both improvements in core gameplay and (especially) vastly superior track design (like 100x better IMO). They really REALLY did an incredible job on the tracks in Revenge.

Now, I also played BO3 to death, mind you. I completed BO3 to 100% (with a friend of mine)...yet BR still felt fresh.

Top Bottom