• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Burnout Paradise 2 for next gen? [Criterion asks what you want in it]

Receipt to sucess :

- Detailed and enhanced crash details (i want to see the car getting vaporized if im fast enough)
- Fun modes like in revenge (i just want to destroy things)
- Cars,cars,cars and more cars,
- New class vehicles (heavy trucks and etc)
- NICE music ( this include WUBWUB, dance, rock and etc)
- Next Gen graphics and sound obviously
- Bitches, bitches everywhere (and competing against you in challenges)
- i want to be chased by the police but only to escape rapidly
- Insane sensation of speed (no blur or bloom infection please) [like, omg im at 300kmh and im gonna crash at that gas station, time to burn]

- Shut up and take my money.

Dawg

HEY! HEY! YOU! YOU!
I DON’T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND!
NO WAY! NO WAY!
I THINK YOU NEED A NEW ONE
HEY! HEY! YOU! YOU!
I COULD BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND
HEY! HEY! YOU! YOU!
I KNOW THAT YOU LIKE ME
NO WAY! NO WAY!
I KNOW IT'S NOT A SECRET
HEY! HEY! YOU! YOU!
I WANT TO BE YOUR GIRLFRIEND

Return of Traffic checking as seen in Revenge or fuck Burnout.
Traffic Checking actually existed the last 3 Criterion games (Paradise, HP, MW). It's a much more restrictive set (only heavier cars), but it's there.

And really, Traffic Checking? The one feature that was heavily focused in Revenge, and the thing that got all the Burnout 3 fans pissed at the series? Should I dig up the thread that complained about Traffic Checking?

Nabs

I wish they'd stop making open world racers for a bit. Go back to something like Burnout 3.

Valnen

It HAS to have crash mode like what Burnout 2, 3, and Revenge had. The one where you not only have to know which car to use for which track, but what cars to hit, and when to use that crashbreaker.

Yup, it's not a burnout game without that.

SxP

Enough with the open world already. Back to Burnout 3! I still play Burnout 3 from time to time because nothing this gen has topped it in my eyes.

Randy

Another vote for Takedown 2 here. Skip the free-roaming stuff in boring cities, just a good ol' menu where you can select a track would be nice.

Also, Crash mode.

OMG!!

PROPER CRASH MODE AND SPLIT SCREEN WITH CLOSED CIRCUIT RACES DAMMIT!

I love both the open world and menu style with choosing laps, no reason we cant have both. Design an open world, with a consciousness for circuits

Would love a world that has snow and desert and forest and rain and snowfall. I miss that from takedown

Oh boy I am excited

apesh1t

Banned
No open worlds. Over world map similar to Hot Pursuit. And crash mode back to burnout 3, why they changed this, I'll never know.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Also the Jensen P12 has to return, that is my shit. Favorite car hands down along with its awesome alter ego as the BTF car.

Beth Cyra

Traffic Checking actually existed the last 3 Criterion games (Paradise, HP, MW). It's a much more restrictive set (only heavier cars), but it's there.

And really, Traffic Checking? The one feature that was heavily focused in Revenge, and the thing that got all the Burnout 3 fans pissed at the series? Should I dig up the thread that complained about Traffic Checking?

I don't give a damn what Burnout 3 fans liked, the thread is about what we each would like. For me it's large scale Traffic Checking, it is the reason why Revenge is the best in my mind.

For all the talk of "Skip the free roaming": did what they do with Hot Pursuit work for you or no? Essentially, the map layout of picking events at locations worked pretty much the same way they did in Burnout 2.

ekim

• Crash junction with destructible environments
  • Closed course racing with shortcuts
  • Open world racing on the side with fast travel.
  • More Burnout 3: Takedown

Say good bye to damage physics then.

Wait... Car manufacturers don't allow devs to make the cars destroyable?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
1. Ditch the open world
2. Ditch traffic checking

Just make Burnout 3-2

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

It's my understanding that they dont want consumers thinking their car isnt safe when they see it in a game crumbling in to a cube of metal when it goes head first into a brick wall at 100+ mph.

Why do you think Most Wanted and every racing game ever with real cars in them only had superficial body damage in them and no actual structural damage?

Whatever they do, if there's a PC version they better put all the DLC on it this time. None of that making all the pay for cars and then skipping Big Surf Island again.

Why so much hate for the open world?
It handled it well. It allowed for creativity during races and makes for a much easier time making new courses.

Plus, JUST DRIVING AROUND, with no goal, is FUN.

Timan

Developer
Reward me for completing every mp challenge, remember spending so much time doing them all and got nothing at the end :(

bryanee

None of this open world bollocks. I want another Takedown, I've had my fill of open world racers with Paradise, Most Wanted 2 and Hot Pursuit to a lesser extent.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
1080P, 60fps + all bells and whistles.
Crazy physics
Global illumination
Open world(given)
Restart race option
Crazy/outlandish challenges
Variety of vehicles(bikes, cars, etc...)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Why so much hate for the open world?
It handled it well. It allowed for creativity during races and makes for a much easier time making new courses.

Plus, JUST DRIVING AROUND, with no goal, is FUN.

I've spent so many hours just doing this in BP. Its just a fun game to jump into and tear ass around the world crashing and hitting jumps and just messing around with no actual defined goal.

If you look at the difference between Burnout and other racing games (even the recent Criterion release), you'll notice the damage difference. Basically, in a licensed road car game:
You can:
  • Break off Bumpers
  • Break Lights
  • Break Side Mirrors
  • Paint Scratches
  • Break Windows
  • Minor Panel Damage

You cannot:
  • Crumple the hull of the car
  • Internal parts cannot fly out
  • Wheels cannot fall off
  • Violent flipping/rollover