• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Burnout vs. Road Rash" was nearly made by Criterion.

jesu

Not to be rude, but there honestly isn't any point in showing a video of an older game to someone who falls back on the "nostalgia" argument, as they'll obviously judge it purely on presentation and not gameplay. If you really wanted to know what Road Rash was like, you'd want to play it, not watch it.

You can still look at the gameplay of an old game and think, that's pish.

Synth

You can still look at the gameplay of an old game and think, that's pish.

Yea you can... and that's exactly what I'd imagine someone such as yourself would do to the majority of older games that you've never played. Which is why it'd be a waste of time anyone directing you to a video.

Krakn3Dfx

ea-fuck-you_o_2112845.jpg

I'm going to go play Shadow Warrior and forget I read this thread.

jesu

Yea you can... and that's exactly what I'd imagine someone such as yourself would do to the majority of older games that you've never played. Which is why it'd be a waste of time anyone directing you to a video.

Fckn nostalgia junkies.

Pudge

634.gif

Fuck this shit.

Why must EA make such bad decisions?

And furthermore, WHY DID YOU ALL LIKE HOT PURSUIT SO MUCH?

I'm going to go lie down and sob.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Yeah that was a proof of concept video, I believe. Just a prototype really.

That early footage

aside from the comically long animations grappling with the other biker (and UI), this really really captures the feel of 3do/ps1 road rash and i love it. such a no fucking brainer to reinvent this franchise. i'd love to t-bone a cow, pardon the pun, then after tumbling off my bike for a few hundred yards, dust myself off and sprint through traffic back to my bike to continue racing. fucking EA PLEASE.

aside from the comically long animations grappling with the other biker (and UI), this really really captures the feel of 3do/ps1 road rash and i love it. such a no fucking brainer to reinvent this franchise. i'd love to t-bone a cow, pardon the pun, then after tumbling off my bike for a few hundred yards, dust myself off and sprint through traffic back to my bike to continue racing. fucking EA PLEASE.

How's Road Redemption? Is that even out yet? That was suppose to be a successor to this.

Teknoman

Can you show me a good Road Rash video?

Road Rash was still pretty damn fun back then. Simplistic and fun. Its like showing someone a video of Outrun and then they question whether or not its fun. Its one of those games you have to play. Or for that matter any puzzle game...or even survival horror.

Soul_Pie

This makes me fucking angry for some reason. Kind of just sums up what a shit company EA is that they have such a talented group helping churn out NFS games year after year.

Criterion are one of my absolute favourite studios.

Top Bottom