• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy 2 get 1 free on all Wii U games at Target (Sept 22 - 28)

SCReuter

I can print out the cheaper Amazon prices and they'll actually price-match them?

...Does every place do this?

I just showed the cashier the current Amazon prices from my phone. Not sure if they'll accept printouts.

Every Target price matches Amazon now, as does Best Buy.

People, you can check the stock on Target.com, so you know if it is at your store before you go.

...Oh.

*looks*

...Rayman Legends out of stock, the other two in stock.

...nggh.

Edit: It's in "limited" stock for the other Targets in the area, too!

Edit 2: "in the area" being used liberally.

dengatron

Picked up Rayman, W101, and NSMBU. Only games I was actually interested in until donkey kong, mario kart, smash and bayonetta, so it worked out really well.

sensui-tomo

so what would you guys reccomend out of this list?(going to try at best buy)
Wind waker(digital code), wonderful 101, rayman legends, pikman 3

Wait, how did you get a wind waker code? Is target selling them?

Not from Target. A seller on CAG had the code; presumably from the new wii u bundle.

so what would you guys reccomend out of this list?(going to try at best buy)
Wind waker(digital code), wonderful 101, rayman legends, pikman 3

All of those are winners, although if you can score wind waker at best buy I'd probably pass on Rayman because I think it's the most likely to drop in price quickly.

AniHawk

picked up nsmbu, pikmin 3, and rayman, just as i had planned to at launch for my $300 wii u, which i would have purchased at launch.

so basically, this is the wii u launch for me. sonic and zelda next month, watch_dogs and mario the one after that, and donkey kong and wii fit to round out the year. looking good.

I just showed the cashier the current Amazon prices from my phone. Not sure if they'll except print outs.

Every Target price matches Amazon now, as does Best Buy.
https://corporate.target.com/about/shopping-experience/shop-with-confidence#q5386

" For online prices: please show us your mobile device or a printout from a qualifying competitor’s website or Target.com. A Target team member will then verify the match using a Target device."

Also,

"If you buy a qualifying item at a Target store then find the identical item for less in the following week’s Target weekly ad or within seven days at Target.com, Amazon.com, Walmart.com, BestBuy.com, ToysRUs.com, BabiesRUs.com or in a competitor’s local printed ad, we’ll match the price. Price match may be requested at Guest Services prior to your purchase with proof of current lower price or by bringing in your original Target store receipt and proof of the current lower price."

Today I picked up MH3U, W101 and Rayman Legends. I'm glad I held out buying games. If I think of some others I want I might actually go back for more later in the week.

Korosenai

Tomorrow i'm gonna go pick up TW101 and Rayman Legends for myself and as the free game get Disney Infinity for my little sister as a birthday gift. I checked a local target (15 miles away) and it has all three games.

Definitely plan on getting W101 and Pikmin 3, but I keep going back and forth on what I want for my 3rd game. Was going to be ZombiU, but someone pointed out that it's on sale at Best Buy for $20, so I've already got that. Have been considering Sonic Racing, Rayman, or NSMB......

Edit: Nevermind, it's gonna be Rayman.

So you're going to return the 2 extra copies and get a refund of $80 back right?

Splitting it with a friend evenly for one of the copies and was going to use another as a present. I had a friend who was interested in the third copy but he bailed out so maybe ebay or a birthday present. I guess I could return it?

Got Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101. Glad I was able to use my Target gift cards with this deal too. Also it was the last copy of Rayman Legends they had.

Now the question is what do I play first.

Got Rayman Legends, Pikmin 3, and Wonderful 101. Glad I was able to use my Target gift cards with this deal too. Also it was the last copy of Rayman Legends they had.

Now the question is what do I play first.

Just picked up the exact same three on price match at Best Buy!

I think I'll check out W101 first personally, as it's the main reason I got the system!

Ludist210

If I didn't already have Rayman Legends on Wii U and I wasn't short on cash, I'd buy it and W101 and pick up Pikmin 3 for free.

balohna

I want NSMBU (holding off because I have NSMB2 unbeaten on 3DS, plan to get eventually) and I guess the next thing I'd go with is Rayman but there isn't really a third game I want. NSLU isn't really worth it to me because it's not full price and I don't feel like I need Rayman. Ubisoft lowers their prices pretty quick.

I already have Pikmin 3 and W101. It's a shame the physical WWHD isn't out in time.

Timeaisis

Sucks for me as I already have most of these. Is it only these select titles?

Because I'm tempted to go Rayman + Lego City + NSLU, since those are the only ones I do not have atm.

EDIT: Just saw it for all 3. Nvm.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I want NSMBU (holding off because I have NSMB2 unbeaten on 3DS, plan to get eventually) and I guess the next thing I'd go with is Rayman but there isn't really a third game I want. NSLU isn't really worth it to me because it's not full price and I don't feel like I need Rayman. Ubisoft lowers their prices pretty quick.

I already have Pikmin 3 and W101. It's a shame the physical WWHD isn't out in time.

Get Lego City.

I don't think the deal is in Canada, just put in some random zip code to check on their online flyer which I assume would have listed it and didn't come up with anything. You can always check for yourself here

Yup. Plus, for something Target doesn't have, you can get a download code for Wind Waker HD as one of your 3 games.

By "something Target doesn't have", do you mean "it's out of stock at the closest Target but is in stock in Target if I were to go several miles out"?

Because Best Buy is a LOT closer to me than any Target is.

Best Buy Low Price Match:
The Guarantee is limited to one price match per identical item, per guest and does not apply to: Contract mobile phones sold by any online retailer, the online prices of retailers not listed, the online prices of third party vendors (Marketplace vendors) on designated major online retailers websites, post purchase price match requests to competitor's prices, Best Buy for Business™, offers that include financing, gift card offers, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, coupon offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, our and our competitor's Deal of the Day, daily deals, special hour sale event items and credit card offers, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.

But... It's blatantly disqualified!

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I always like these deals, but then I end up buying far too many games haha. I'm still trying to finish up some games I bought from a deal like this back in 2012 =).

So after reading the thread, it seems like no other Target did what my local one did. My family recently bought a Wii U for my little brother's birthday, and we were going to take advantage of this deal, but when we went to Target yesterday, they pulled some shit that the third game had to be less than the other two, so we got W101, Pikmin 3, and Luigi U, when my brother wanted Mario U. Can anyone confirm if Target was in the wrong or not? If they were, is there a way we can get the other game, even though he opened Luigi U? I work there when I'm not at school, so I have a little pull.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
So after reading the thread, it seems like no other Target did what my local one did. My family recently bought a Wii U for my little brother's birthday, and we were going to take advantage of this deal, but when we went to Target yesterday, they pulled some shit that the third game had to be less than the other two, so we got W101, Pikmin 3, and Luigi U, when my brother wanted Mario U. Can anyone confirm if Target was in the wrong or not? If they were, is there a way we can get the other game, even though he opened Luigi U? I work there when I'm not at school, so I have a little pull.

The free game is supposed to be equal or less than the other two games. Assuming NSMBU, Pikmin 3 and, W101 are all the same price, you did get screwed.

Edit: Since you opened Luigi U, I doubt you'll be able to return it but its an excellent game so I'd recommend buying another copy. Return the new copy as part of the Buy 2 Get 1 promo and get NSMBU + Pikmin 3 + W101 this time. Of course you'll have paid $30 for Luigi U but its an awesome game and this way you'll be getting a $60 game for free instead of a $30 game.

Target boned you, try contacting corporate.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
By "something Target doesn't have", do you mean "it's out of stock at the closest Target but is in stock in Target if I were to go several miles out"?

Because Best Buy is a LOT closer to me than any Target is.

No, he means Target doesn't sell the download code for Wind Waker HD by itself whereas Best Buy does. Best Buy will apply the deal to the download code, so you can get that, TW101 and either Rayman or Pikmin 3 for a great low price.

tornjaw

Those are the three games I got for the B2G1 deal.

mohuerta

Some guy from Canada commented on one of my miiverse posts and said the B2G1 deal was also available in his area. Don't know if it's true, but if it is maybe some of you from Canada might luck out and find a participating Target.

Some guy from Canada commented on one of my miiverse posts and said the B2G1 deal was also available in his area. Don't know if it's true, but if it is maybe some of you from Canada might luck out and find a participating Target.

Ask him where he lives...or stalk him.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Already have most of these. All I need is 101, Game & Wario (blah) and Scribblenauts. Though I could be convinced to get New Luigi.

freakzilla3000

Would love to do this but I don't know what I'd buy.

W101 and Rayman, I guess. But what for a third? Games I already own:

Pikmin 3
NSMBU
Zombi U
LEGO City
MH3U
Disney Infinity (not sure it's even part of this promo, but whatever)
Nintendoland

Help me come up with ideas! Luigi U would kinda suck since it's only a $30 game

Get Rayman!!

It seems like this sale has helped TW101 get a few more sales. Noticed a few Miiverse posts mentioning it and the community bumped up 2k from Saturday (roughly 1k a day)

AniHawk

Already have most of these. All I need is 101, Game & Wario (blah) and Scribblenauts. Though I could be convinced to get New Luigi.

i only had nslu when i started playing the wii u on saturday night. i decided to switch over to nsmbu last night and the difference is pretty big. nsmbu is more about exploration and levels take a lot longer. nslu is way more focused on reflexes and there aren't a lot of hidden areas. so far, i'd say nslu makes way better use of the mostly horizontal level design.

Top Bottom