• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** SOLD *****

**** +11 GAF Seller, no Negative Feedback ****

Alright GAFFers, looking to start a NGC collection!?

Help a fellow GAF Member out who's currently in financial dire straights.
Basically I thought I'd start a Gamecube collection backup but eventually gave up and shelved everything. You may notice that the game's included, are of the more sought after variety (in good condition that is) :)
The collection includes:

b3d7e917-618e-42c8-95e0-1da6e9ed3c98_zps912f29db.jpg

1x Nintendo Gamecube Platinum - Very Good Condition (light scratches on the plastic lid)

1x Gamecube Component/Audio Cables + AC Power Supply (Yes, the Model that still had Component Out capability)

1x Nintendo Wavebird/Receiver Controller - Very Good Condition

1x Nintendo Gamecube Controller - Very Good Condition

1x Nintendo Gamecube Controller White w/ Extended Chord - Like New

Twilight Princess - Mint Disc/Case
Wind Waker - Mint Disc/Very Good Case
Resident Evil - Mint Disc/Very Good Case
Super Mario Sunshine - Mint Disc/Very Good Case
Twin Snakes - Mint Disc/Case
Luigi's Mansion - Mint Disc/Very Good Case

**** SOLD *****

baphomet

Basically I thought I'd start a Gamecube collection backup but eventually gave up and shelved everything. You may notice that the game's included, are of the more sought after variety (in good condition that is) :)
The collection includes:

1x Nintendo Gamecube Platinum - Very Good Condition (light scratches on the plastic lid)

1x Gamecube Component/Audio Cables + AC Power Supply (Yes, the Model that still had Component Out capability)

$210 Shipped!

This is a crazy good deal. I would buy it, but I already have all that's included.

Someone snatch this immediately.

Peagles

No way. You have to open it, tear the manual, scratch the disc, and rub bbq sauce on the case. Then, and only then, is it used and allowed to be sold here. Jk - you're ok to sell it.

I thought it had to be chocolate sauce? Then you take photos with it still smeared on.

Any way I can have my feedback updated? It seemed to have been missed - I should be at 4 total.

Positive buyer feedback for thosearemyshoes

Positive Feedback for thoseAREmySHOES

We traded some classic games and he held up his part of the bargain just swell.
Hope to do more trading w/ him!

(If I should do this via PM in the future, let me know, I thought it might be easier since they are checking the thread for feedback anyways?)

Sora_N

Disgaea 4 $25 shipped (sealed)
Deus Ex Human Revolution Limited Edition (some slight damage to the plastic outer part) $25 shipped
Castlevania Lord of Shadows Limited Edition $30 shipped
Hyperdimension Neptunia 1 $25 shipped

Wii:
Muramasa $15 shipped

Vita:
Muramasa $25 shipped (sealed)

Prices are in USD, for US/Canada. (I ship from Canada)[/QUOTE]

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Positive feedback for Bungie's, fast and excellent seller :D

Nose Master

Not sure if this is the right thread, but, I have a question.

What's the best way to sell a PS4 and get a decent price for it, without risking getting boned by anti-seller policies such as ebay and the like?

I'd attempt to sell it on here, but, I have... one or two positive feedbacks, so that's a tall order. I'm not even sure what the repercussions are if I were to get boned via gaf, minus them being banned.

I already have it listed on a local craigslist, but the sea of scammers and likelihood of being stabbed is fairly high.

I mean, I could just sell it to Gamestop, but, I'd be getting about $100 less than I should be.

The price I'm looking for is $325, if that matters.

goldenpp72

What's the best way to sell a PS4 and get a decent price for it, without risking getting boned by anti-seller policies such as ebay and the like?

I'd attempt to sell it on here, but, I have... one or two positive feedbacks, so that's a tall order. I'm not even sure what the repercussions are if I were to get boned via gaf, minus them being banned.

I already have it listed on a local craigslist, but the sea of scammers and likelihood of being stabbed is fairly high.

I mean, I could just sell it to Gamestop, but, I'd be getting about $100 less than I should be.

It's pretty easy to avoid getting scammed on a transaction as long as you play by the rules. On eBay, you have to make sure you get delivery confirmation and likely signature confirmation due to the value of the item, and as long as the item and its condition is accurate, the buyer can actually lose that dispute if there is one. You just have to read and follow the rules, the anti seller stigma for eBay is pretty amazing. Buyers will win when you can not prove an item was shipped and delivered. The same really applies here as most use Paypal and the policy would be the same, your best bet would be to sell to someone with a trustworthy feedback history if you did sell here.

Lemstar

NeoGAF Gold Seller/Plus Buyer

Ask for photos if you're interested.

WTS (includes shipping + PayPal transaction fees):

Sony PlayStation 4 $290 shipped - some scratches on the HDD cover. Left thumbstick on the included DS4 is a bit damaged - it might be one of the bum ones. Includes power cable and USB cable.

Xbox 360 Slim Halo 4 Limited Edition $150 shipped - front USB port cover is scratched, but remainder of console surface is in good cosmetic condition. Chrome trim has some tarnish which can be scrubbed off. Visible rust under the top fan grill. Includes power brick; no HDD or controller.

Nintendo 3DS XL (blue) $150 shipped - no cosmetic damage except for one of the studs on the bottom looking a little faded. Screen protector applied to both top and bottom screens. Includes original accessories (4GB SD card, stylus, charger) and documentation/packaging.

PlayStation Vita TV + 8GB memory card $100 shipped - no packaging. Some scratches on the surface.

MadCatz Chun-Li Tournament Edition S Arcade Stick (#929/2000) PS3 $185 shipped - couple of scratches to the lenticular surface. Warranty seal not broken. Includes original box.

WTS (shipping not included - combined shipping encouraged when possible):

The Elder Scrolls Anthology (Skyrim Legendary Edition, Oblivion GOTY Edition, Morrowind GOTY Edition) Steam key $20
Tearaway (PSV) $15
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition + Street Fighter X Tekken (360) brand new 2-pack from the 25th Anniversary set $20
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (PS2) w/ soundtrack CD $15
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (PS2) $15
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (PS2) Collector's Edition w/ artbook, soundtrack, and slipcover $30
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne (PS2) $15
Persona 3 Portable (PSP) $15
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (DS) $12
Okamiden (DS) $16
Elite Beat Agents (DS) $8
Trauma Center: Under the Knife (DS) $10

I'd also like my feedback to be updated. I'm sure I've had at least 8 transactions, no less than one being seller feedback (from tiggerkiddo as seen below), but on the most up to date it's just 3 on only listed under buyer.

I had at least 1 positive transaction in the list before any of the following were made. So I'm sure I should have at least 6 here. I don't mean to be picky, it's just that this serves as a sort of judge of character, and I'd like to be properly represented.

Positive Buyer Feedback for onionfrog & Polioliolio!

Both users provided prompt payment and excellent communication.

belated!

positive feedback for Polioliolio, PixyJunket, Dupy, Fracas & my man Sixfortyfive; a handful of transactions to tie up some loose ends in my classic game room project, and as always, nothing but excellent packaging & pristine overall condition on nearly everything bought, GAF B/S/T remains one of my favorite online spots <3

Positive feedback for Polioliolio. Item came in no time at all and was described properly, thanks again!

Positive Buyer Feedback for onionfrog & Polioliolio!

Both users provided prompt payment and excellent communication.

Positive trading feedback for Polioliolio!

He was a pleasure to trade with, would highly recommend him to anyone!

There are also some users I may not have gotten any feedback from. If you're reading this, Koreanbarbeque, I sent you the brand new sealed Zelda 3DS bundle, mailed next day after communication, bubble wrapped and priority if I'm not mistaken. I won't hassle you about it, but if you happen to see this, consider leaving me a positive feedback, won't you? Thank ya kindly!

I'd also like my feedback to be updated. I'm sure I've had at least 8 transactions, no less than one being seller feedback (from tiggerkiddo as seen below), but on the most up to date it's just 3 on only listed under buyer.

I had at least 1 positive transaction in the list before any of the following were made. So I'm sure I should have at least 6 here. I don't mean to be picky, it's just that this serves as a sort of judge of character, and I'd like to be properly represented.

Out of curiosity, did you check the feedback list and see what post # it's been updated to? Despite the fact that it's updated every day, it's still a couple hundred posts behind, so it won't have any feedback from the past few pages accounted for.

Istaerion

No place is scam free as it all depends on the person you're dealing with. When compared to eBay and Amazon's Marketplace, I'd like to say the B/S/T thread here is the way to go so long as you're willing to do the legwork yourself and don't mind the lack of an official presence. You'll have the same security here as on eBay due to PayPal... only you won't be subject to an audience largely concentrated on scoring or saving a quick buck by whatever means necessary. There's also the awesome bonus of not being charged seller fees for using said storefronts aside from PayPal's "optional" take.

It's pretty easy to avoid getting scammed on a transaction as long as you play by the rules. On eBay, you have to make sure you get delivery confirmation and likely signature confirmation due to the value of the item, and as long as the item and its condition is accurate, the buyer can actually lose that dispute if there is one. You just have to read and follow the rules, the anti seller stigma for eBay is pretty amazing. Buyers will win when you can not prove an item was shipped and delivered. The same really applies here as most use Paypal and the policy would be the same, your best bet would be to sell to someone with a trustworthy feedback history if you did sell here.

You can actually still lose a dispute despite having all forms of evidence for delivery on your part. All a buyer would need to do is claim you sent the wrong or a damaged item and they'll be asked to submit a return or receive compensation satisfactory to both parties. As you can imagine, almost all scammers choose the return option and send a box filled with crap or a replacement item that's damaged which may or may not have been previously owned.

Nevermind the extreme abuse that can come out of credit card chargebacks. They'll almost always mark that right off your account and call it a loss despite "defending your case and best interests."

These reasons are why eBay and PayPal have the poor reputation that they have.

Naturally, everything is subject to chance, but it's safe to say that it's easier to be scammed on eBay and, in turn, PayPal than it is to avoid said scams in the first place.

Patita

Neo Member
WTT or WTB :

Borderlands 2 Game of the year edition on PC ( digital, not interested in a physical copy ).

These are some of the game codes I have:

Bioshock - Steam Key.

Limbo - Steam Key.

Mirrors Edge - Steam Key.

Alan Wake : American Nightmare - Steam Key.

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified - Steam key.

Dead space - Steam Key.

I'm ready to give 2 codes for it.

Out of curiosity, did you check the feedback list and see what post # it's been updated to? Despite the fact that it's updated every day, it's still a couple hundred posts behind, so it won't have any feedback from the past few pages accounted for.

..Aaaahh.. well that might have something to do with it, but there would still be one missing I believe.

goldenpp72

No place is scam free as it all depends on the person you're dealing with. When compared to eBay and Amazon's Marketplace, I'd like to say the B/S/T thread here is the way to go so long as you're willing to do the legwork yourself and don't mind the lack of an official presence. You'll have the same security here as on eBay due to PayPal... only you won't be subject to an audience largely concentrated on scoring or saving a quick buck by whatever means necessary. There's also the awesome bonus of not being charged seller fees for using said storefronts aside from PayPal's "optional" take.

You can actually still lose a dispute despite having all forms of evidence for delivery on your part. All a buyer would need to do is claim you sent the wrong or a damaged item and they'll be asked to submit a return or receive compensation satisfactory to both parties. As you can imagine, almost all scammers choose the return option and send a box filled with crap or a replacement item that's damaged which may or may not have been previously owned.

Nevermind the extreme abuse that can come out of credit card chargebacks. They'll almost always mark that right off your account and call it a loss despite "defending your case and best interests."

These reasons are why eBay and PayPal have the poor reputation that they have.

Naturally, everything is subject to chance, but it's safe to say that it's easier to be scammed on eBay and, in turn, PayPal than it is to avoid said scams in the first place.

I have had over 2000 transactions on eBay as both a seller and buyer, and the only issue I had was when I did not purchase a tracker on a game. The last time a buyer tried to swindle me, eBay backed me and basically told them they were shit out of luck. There is such a thing as seller protection too, there have been improvements to both sides over time. It's not perfect, but nothing can be in this instance.

Istaerion

I have had over 2000 transactions on eBay as both a seller and buyer, and the only issue I had was when I did not purchase a tracker on a game. The last time a buyer tried to swindle me, eBay backed me and basically told them they were shit out of luck. There is such a thing as seller protection too, there have been improvements to both sides over time. It's not perfect, but nothing can be in this instance.

That's fine. Again, it's all subject to chance; eBay generally has a much higher risk than say private communities such as here or say CheapAssGamer.

Personally? I've had numerous situations where I lost a dispute due to shady tactics on the buyer's part on eBay, and I was basically told to deal with it each time despite showing my proof.

sabanoo

My man! I was gonna go to bed but I'll update a few pages now.

Hey everyone. I'm selling my Wii U from the refurb bunch that was just after E3. Only 2 months old and adult owned and taken care of. Includes a bunch of virtual console games on the Wii side and WWHD, ALttP and SMB on the Wii U side.

Also included:
Pikmin 3
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Nintendo Land
Wii U Gamepad Stand
Wii Nunchuk and Wii Remote

Codes for the games have been used. I'm looking for $450 for it all shipped. Includes all original box and packing for the console and games.

Nothing is wrong with any of the equipment, just recent developments associated with graduating grad school have necessitated that I offload what I can.

NOTE: Only selling it as a bundle right now!

Here are pictures:
2014-08-05%2017.37.34.jpg

2014-08-05%2017.38.09.jpg

2014-08-05%2017.39.17.jpg

2014-08-05%2017.40.12.jpg

Jonboy

**** SOLD *****

**** +11 GAF Seller, no Negative Feedback ****

The collection includes:

**** SOLD *****
Omg. I am crying right now.

Would have been all over this! If anything at all falls through, please let me know!

Someone out there just got a fantastic deal.

Selling *** 18 Positive Seller Feedback ***

The Witcher 3 SteamGift Pre-Order - $40
BioShock Triple Pack - $40
Starwars Collection 2014 SteamGift - $60

Windows 7 Pro Key - $40
Windows 7 Ultimate Key - $50
Windows 8 Pro Key - $40

Bitdefender Total Security 2015 1 Year 1PC - $50

Office 2013 Pro Plus - $60
Project 2013 - $60
Visio 2013 - $60
Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 - $80

Adobe CS6 Master Collection (Windows) - $600
Photoshop Extended CS6 (Windows) - $250
CS6 Design and Web Premium - $500

Maya 2015 - $600
AutoCAD 2015 - $600
3DS Max 2015 - $600
3DS Max Design - $600

Zing

Banned
My girlfriend and her daughter want one of the Club Nintendo Animal Crossing poster sets currently available for 500 coins. I only have 280 coins. Anyone with 500 spare coins and in Canada want to order this for me? I can pay $10. All you have to do is change your address to mine, then order the item.

Alternatively, if anyone has codes to sell, I can try to get the coins myself.

ShyGuy

ONLY A FEW DAYS LEFT of availability for the Club Nintendo Gold games... I'll just claim something like Zelda II if I don't get a bite!

WTS

US$39 / AU$42 - 12-Month US PS+ Playstation Plus Membership code (purchased from Amazon) --- SOLD

AUD$50 / GBP27 or make offer - MK8 Mario Kart 8 EU Version RETAIL Complete Brand new but Club Nintendo code IS SOLD (This is located with my friend in UK)

US$2.50 / AU$4 - GOLD Club Nintendo Elite code for any of the following games: (Price lowered because I didn't really know what the going rate was)
  • Ice Climber
  • Kid Icarus
  • Super Mario Bros.
  • Zelda II - The Adventure of Link
  • Donkey Kong 3
  • Wario Land 2
  • Metroid
I will redeem the game and send you the download code

----

I have +3 feedback (from Old feedback) +2 new = 5!

I 1x 1-year codes left!

Any questions please PM me

SmokeMaxX

If you PM me and I don't respond within 24-48 hours, I did not receive your PM. Please PM me again! Gaf's messaging system screws up occasionally.

Selling:

MOGA Mobile Gaming System for Android phones - $10 Shipped

I believe it's this one: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096L2SJ0/?tag=neogaf0e-20
Like new/great condition. Comes with carrying pouch.

CREDIT:

3DS/WiiU eShop Credit:
I sell US 3DS/WiiU eShop Credit at face value for anyone needing it (including the international users who aren't able to get it themselves). Increments of $10 (not pictured), $20, $35, or $50. If international, please use ppfeecalc.com with the "International" setting to calculate fees. If from the US, thefeecalculator is usually accurate. I usually have codes on me, but sometimes need to run to the store to pick more up.

Buying:
Discounted Best Buy/Amazon.com/GameStop/Target/WalMart Gift Cards

I take Paypal and, upon request, Amazon Payments. If you choose Paypal, please gift or pay fees.
NeoGAF PLATINUM! (193+ Total Positive Feedback!)

Vaco6121

Shipping price included if in the US, if international add extra. Amazon Payments, Paypal; buyer covers any fees. Games are in very good to like new condition. Feel free to make offers.

WTS/WTT:

Xbox One:
Ryse $25
Forza 5 $25
Both have used stickers on the back of the cases

PS3:
South Park Stick of Truth- $23

WTB:

Fable Anniversary
Fable 2

Geneijin

Honestly, if you didn't care about cash, you could get as much for it at GameStop. PS4 is $250 base. $325 with a 30% bonus if you traded it towards The Last of Us, Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition, Madden NFL 15, Destiny, or Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare before 8/17.. Get a game like PS4 TLOU, sell it a 20-30% discount, and lose roughly $15-20, which is how much shipping would cost if you shipped it out of state using Priority Mail. GameStop credit could easily be converted to Amazon credit by buying Amazon Kindle cards, which is the same as Amazon gift cards. All this without having to ship it, worry about potential scams or wait for anybody to buy your stuff.

Edit: Let me elaborate. The 30% bonus applies to all items even though it's unclear when you read the promotion. This is because the clause "40% extra credit for PowerUp Reward Pro members when you trade any games or accessories toward" is confusing. When you're a PUR Pro member for short, you get a 10% trade-in bonus whenever you trade games and accessories but not systems. This 40% is the 30% bonus from the typical 30% trade-in promotion plus the 10% bonus gained from a PUR Pro membership.

Arla

- ThinkPad R60/T2400
- $40
- Selling locally in the Long Beach area.
- PM for better pics, specs, and general info.

The laptop works fine, it's just old and ugly.

tkdTKhD.jpg

hkdIZTw.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom