• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, yeah, that issue I had with the PS3 I bought has some new developments. I ended up getting the item, but now that I have tried to use it, it doesn't work. I tried extensively to get it to work, including trying different TVs, power cables, ect, but nothing.

I opened a paypal dispute in hopes to get the seller's attention. I'll ship it back to him and hopefully get my money back. I sent the seller a PM outlining what happened, but I'm not sure if I'll hear back in a timely manner.

Should I do anything else?

WTS: Nintendo 64 system. Comes with a black controller, memory card, rumble pack and Magical Tetris Challenge. Asking 32+whatever shipping comes out to.

CIB SNES copy of Maui Mallard-35 shipped

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
So, yeah, that issue I had with the PS3 I bought has some new developments. I ended up getting the item, but now that I have tried to use it, it doesn't work. I tried extensively to get it to work, including trying different TVs, power cables, ect, but nothing.

I opened a paypal dispute in hopes to get the seller's attention. I'll ship it back to him and hopefully get my money back. I sent the seller a PM outlining what happened, but I'm not sure if I'll hear back in a timely manner.

I'm sure you've tried, but just in case, have you tried hooking it up with an HDMI cable and composite? I know it's really finicky when you switch between the two. I had this problem when I gave my wife my PS3.

I'm sure you've tried, but just in case, have you tried hooking it up with an HDMI cable and composite? I know it's really finicky when you switch between the two. I had this problem when I gave my wife my PS3.

Yep, on two different TVs at that. As well as a different HDMI cable. No response from either.

Istaerion

Make sure to obtain picture & video proof (if possible) of you packaging up the PS3 and shipping it out to the seller's address should it come down to that.

I hate to assume the worst, but everything I've seen from the chap is pointing toward sloppy / malicious behavior at this rate. It, frankly, wouldn't surprise me if you get the classic "buyer just sent me back a box of rocks."

It's quite doubtful, but was insurance purchased for the item during the initial shipment? If so, try having a claim placed with the respective carrier in regards to the item being damaged.

The only other advice I can recommend, as a last resort, is a chargeback on the grounds that the item is defective.

Lemstar

NeoGAF Plus Seller

All prices include shipping within the United States. Discounts are available for combined shipping; contact for a quote.

Payment is strongly preferred in the form of PayPal gift.

All games that do not have condition specified otherwise are complete and have minimal wear.

360:
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (disc only) - $14
Lost Odyssey (disc only) - $13
Singularity - $8
Resident Evil 6 (brand new) - $12
Persona 4 Arena - $16
Devil May Cry HD Collection - $13

PS3:
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - $26

PS Vita:
Persona 4 Golden - $21
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc - $36
Lumines: Electronic Symphony (brand new) - $14

DS:
Rhythm Heaven (cart-only) - $4
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 (cart-only) - $8
Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords (cart-only) - $7

PC:
Spec Ops: The Line (Steam key) - $5
Quantum Conundrum (Steam key) - $1.50
Final Fantasy VII (Steam key) - $6

Make sure to obtain picture & video proof (if possible) of you packaging up the PS3 and shipping it out to the seller's address should it come down to that.

I hate to assume the worst, but everything I've seen from the chap is pointing toward sloppy / malicious behavior at this rate. It, frankly, wouldn't surprise me if you get the classic "buyer just sent me back a box of rocks."

It's quite doubtful, but was insurance purchased for the item during the initial shipment? If so, try having a claim placed with the respective carrier in regards to the item being damaged.

The only other advice I can recommend, as a last resort, is a chargeback on the grounds that the item is defective.

I've already packed it up, but I do plan on getting tracking and making sure the seller gets the return. There wasn't any insurance from what I could see and the box was in pretty bad shape. Though everything was wrapped in bubble wrap pretty nicely.

I specified in the claim that it may be internally damaged as I couldn't find any cosmetic damage on the console.

Hopefully the seller gets in touch with me, the shipping has to come out of my pocket and I'd rather get this settled without having to get Paypal to review the case.

tried holding down the power button for a few seconds as you turn it on? I think that resets the video settings.

Yep, tried it. Multiple times. Even tried getting it into Safe Mode and it didn't work.

Istaerion

I've already packed it up, but I do plan on getting tracking and making sure the seller gets the return. There wasn't any insurance from what I could see and the box was in pretty bad shape. Though everything was wrapped in bubble wrap pretty nicely.

I specified in the claim that it may be internally damaged as I couldn't find any cosmetic damage on the console.

Hopefully the seller gets in touch with me, the shipping has to come out of my pocket and I'd rather get this settled without having to get Paypal to review the case.

Yep, tried it. Multiple times. Even tried getting it into Safe Mode and it didn't work.

First, don't ship back the item until you're either mandated to by PayPal or you receive your refund beforehand from the seller himself. Second, purchase insurance on the package to cover some ground should postal issues become present. Third, make sure to get signature confirmation so the seller doesn't just claim he never received the package.

That said, having PayPal review the case wouldn't be the worst thing in the world should the seller refuse to respond or cooperate as it would heavily put things in your favor.

Honestly, you're better off getting PayPal to get your back than resolving it without their help.

First, don't ship back the item until you're either mandated to by PayPal or you receive your refund beforehand from the seller himself. Second, purchase insurance on the package to cover some ground should postal issues become present. Third, make sure to get signature confirmation so the seller just doesn't claim he never received the package.

That said, having PayPal review the case wouldn't be the worst thing in the world should the seller just refuse to respond or cooperate as it would heavily put things in your favor.

Alright, I'll do that. I'll give the seller until this time tomorrow to respond, and if I get nothing by then, I'll let Paypal look into it. Signature conformation is a great idea, thanks.

I'm trying to give the seller every opportunity to make things right.

NoRéN

Alright, I'll do that. I'll give the seller until this time tomorrow to respond, and if I get nothing by then, I'll let Paypal look into it. Signature conformation is a great idea, thanks.

The same seller with the poor communication?

Istaerion

I understand you're trying to be reasonable and unjudgemental, but in circumstances like this, it doesn't hurt to be harsh as giving legway only allows the other party to take advantage.

I must stress one point though: Do NOT send back the package until you're either mandated to by PayPal or you receive a refund FIRST from the seller himself.

I also suggest you push for shipping reimbursement as well as you're looking at $15-20 easy in fees once you get all those services I mentioned attached.

NoRéN;101763419 said:

Yup, the same seller who basically brushed aside his issue by posting a new sale listing with a small note claiming that he had something come up and was too busy to respond to any messages despite logging on to NeoGAF several times throughout the duration of the correspondence.

Not to forget the chap selling a product, which to me, looks like it's smeared with fecal matter or some chocolatey substance.

Just take a look:

2DOWpE7l.jpg

Firehead

NeoGAF Plus Seller
PS3 Phantoms/Non-sells (one-time installs):
Lego Marvel Superheroes - $4
God of War: Ascension - $2.50
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 - $3
Assassin's Creed 4 - $5
Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F - $7
Dragon's Crown + Catherine (one account) - $8
Persona 4 Arena - $2.50

What exactly are "Phantoms/Non-sells"? Are you essentially selling a one-time gamesharing access?

These horror stories always get to me. Never really had a bad transaction on GAF, or even eBay for that matter.

And I've done transactions in very high amounts here.

NoRéN;101763419 said:
Yes.
I understand you're trying to be reasonable and unjudgemental, but in circumstances like this, it doesn't hurt to be harsh as giving legway only allows the other party to take advantage.

I must stress one point though: Do NOT send back the package until you're either mandated to by PayPal or you receive a refund FIRST from the seller himself.

I also suggest you push for shipping reimbursement as well as you're looking at $15-20 easy in fees once you get all those services I mentioned attached.

Got it. I've only disputed for the amount that I paid. I'm not sure how to ask for more than that to cover the shipping cost.

Istaerion

Yes.

Got it. I've only disputed for the amount that I paid. I'm not sure how to ask for more than that to cover the shipping cost.

If PayPal mandates you to return the package for a refund, request for shipping reimbursement on the grounds that you shouldn't be liable for what appears to be the seller's mistake.

Should the seller cooperate and provide a refund beforehand, demand for the shipping fees to be included as well.

If PayPal mandates you to return the package for a refund, request for shipping reimbursement on the grounds that you shouldn't be liable for what appears to be the seller's mistake.

Should the seller cooperate and provide a refund beforehand, demand for the shipping fees to be included as well.
Alright, I'll do that. I'll still give the seller until tomorrow to get in touch with me. Though as of this posting the seller hasn't logged on in a couple of hours, so I'll give them the benifit of the doubt that they haven't checked this thread, the PMs or their email yet. Long shot, but I don't what them to say tht I didn't give them a chance.

WTT
Hawken - steam early access code
Thief Gold - have an extra copy from the amazon give away

I'm willing to trade both games for a different game

Shady859

I personally took that nasty ass copy of Metal Gear as a mental note to never shop with kIdMuScLe. If they are willing to post that picture what's the unseen stuff look like and why leave it partially sealed and nasty with who knows...

I was going to suggest the boot mode trick as I had a friend with a "dead" yellow screen of death PS3 that I brought back to life with that trick. How are you connecting it to the TV? I hate to advise you to spend money but is it possible that the seller has it set to composite and you are attempting HDMI or a higher output? I always reset to factory defaults before selling anything but some people are lazy or just don't think about it.

Istaerion

Alright, I'll do that. I'll still give the seller until tomorrow to get in touch with me. Though as of this posting the seller hasn't logged on in a couple of hours, so I'll give them the benifit of the doubt that they haven't checked this thread, the PMs or their email yet. Long shot, but I don't what them to say tht I didn't give them a chance.

Oh, the timeline you're giving to the seller is definitely more than fair; I'm not trying to convince you to do anything against that.

The only thing I'm trying to do is make sure you're not putting yourself in a situation where you're prime scam bait.

There is that slim chance that this is just one huge mistake or a case of poor communication, however, it does not hurt to be on the safe side and prepare for the worst.

I personally took that nasty ass copy of Metal Gear as a mental note to never shop with kIdMuScLe. If they are willing to post that picture what's the unseen stuff look like and why leave it partially sealed and nasty with who knows...

I saw that listing and, while harsh, basically confirmed that the chap just has absolutely no regard to anything but making a quick buck.

I wouldn't even REMOTELY consider selling, let alone keeping, an item in that shape. To post that... thing... in such a serious matter is just plain sloppy and, frankly, disrespectful to the community at large.

Yup, the same seller who basically brushed aside his issue by posting a new sale listing with a small note claiming that he had something come up and was too busy to respond to any messages despite logging on to NeoGAF several times throughout the duration of the correspondence.

Not to forget the chap selling a product, which to me, looks like it's smeared with fecal matter or some chocolatey substance.

Just take a look:

2DOWpE7l.jpg

ugh, wtf, thats not even right.

kick51

Banned
yeah i saw that and was like "someone else can call that out" lol

snake: *swallows with a gulp/gag* "awww tastes like shit!"

Risible

Positive feedback for Noren. He is so patient with me and sold me the Pokemon Y and Link Between Worlds at a cheap price. The shipping might come today per USPS or tomorrow.

I'll add another feedback for him once I get the product.

No, just add one feedback per transaction, not sure why you would feel the need to do it twice nor why you would post feedback before the deal is done. Just edit this post once you get the item to indicate that you are leaving positive feedback for a finished deal.

paolo11

Positive feedback for Noren. He is so patient with me and sold me the Pokemon Y and Link Between Worlds at a cheap price. The shipping might come today per USPS or tomorrow.

HAHAHA.... I got the package already. He told me it was on Saturday but instead I got it today.

He is a great seller. You want an item his selling? You buy it and you will be happy with his service.

Thanks, Noren. We will do business soon.

vocab

Selling:
I'm looking to sell a Madcatz Round 1 (PS3) Stick In excellent condition. Lightly used. Stick is still tight. Has one minor micro scratch on the black base. The dustwasher circle imprint is there from use. Comes with Box (excellent condition), and two button plugs are in place of the 7th and 8th button. I'm looking for $125 for it.

vocab said:

PS3 - Sly Cooper collection $12 (Excellent to flawless condition barely played)
PS3 - Ar Tonelico Qoga (Premium Edition) $45 (Practically brand new. Seal was taken off to inspect contents. Box is in excellent condition).
PS2 - Xenosaga 1 GH - $13 (Played for 5 mins, so practically flawless)
PS2 - Xenosaga 2 - $15 (never played. Practically brand new with out the seal)

WTB: Pokemon Red. Cheap. good condition/good clean label please.

NoRéN

Positive feedback for paolo11

First time buyer on the thread and he was spectacular. Great with communication and paid fast. Hopefully this transaction encourages other new users to partake and not let a few bad deals ruin the fun for everyone.

own1313

Neo Member
WTB: Lego marvel super heroes and zoo tycoon both for the Xbox One.

I am wanting a reasonable price for both of them with included shipping to Australia, thank you!

WTB: Xbox 360 sports games (really)

I'm looking for EA,2K, etc sports games for 360. Looking for CIB, great condition. Willing to pay via Paypal (and possibly Amazon Payments).

See below. I need the follow with the exception of the ones listed (which I already own).

All FIFA games except 2006, 2008, 2010
Backyard Sports titles except Football, Rookie Rush, Sandlot Sluggers
2K College Hoops except 2K6, 2K7
Fight Night except Round 3
Madden except 07, 08, 09
MLB except 2K10
MotoGP except 06
NBA except 2K6, 2K10, 2K11
NCAA Football except 11
NCAA March Madness except 07
NHL except 07
NHL except 2K6, 2K8
Pro Evo Soccer except 2013
Skate 1
All tennis games except Smash Court Tennis 3
All Olympics games except Beijing 2008, Summer Athletics
All wrestling games except WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2007
All Tiger Woods games except PG Tour 08

MrDaravon

I'm looking for EA,2K, etc sports games for 360. Looking for CIB, great condition. Willing to pay via Paypal (and possibly Amazon Payments).

See below. I need the follow with the exception of the ones listed (which I already own).

Madden except 07, 08, 09
MLB except 2K10
MotoGP except 06
NCAA Football except 11
NHL except 07
NHL except 2K6, 2K8
Skate 1

Wait, so are you looking to get the complete 360 collection again? I thought you'd given that up?

Madden except 07, 08, 09
MLB except 2K10
MotoGP except 06
NCAA Football except 11
NHL except 07
NHL except 2K6, 2K8
Skate 1

You're looking for those or NOT looking for those? You said "looking for the following except the ones listed" lol

You're looking for those or NOT looking for those? You said "looking for the following except the ones listed" lol

So, everything listed as "except...." I already own.

And yes, still going on my complete US Xbox 360 game collection, for better or worse. Large majority of what I'm missing now is sports games, since I'm not a huge sports game fan.

Jordoon

I have a code for ACIV Black Flag that came with my GPU, it expires after March. Looking to trade for a code for a different PC game.

edit: Gone.

Shady859

Prices are firm and include US shipping. PayPal gift and items ship 1st class from Cincinnati, Ohio.

Ready to ship, new and sealed:
Donkey Kong Country : Tropical Freeze - Wii U - $45
Rayman Legends - PS4 - $35

Presell (will ship release day 2/25)
Thief - PS4 / Xbox One / PS3 / 360 - $53
Castlevania : Lords of Shadow 2 - 360 / PS3 - $53
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare - Xbox One - $36
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare - 360 - $28

South Park: The Stick of Truth $53 360 / PS3 (releases 3/4)

This will be ongoing if there is demand. Trying to hit that top level spending tier in Best Buy club. I'm a day one gamer and there anyway so selling items for cost with shipping.

More feedback on CAG -> shady859

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom