• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 3 | Read the OP, and Prepare to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

OraleeWey

I have a Crystal White Sony PlayStation 3 Limited Edition Bundle. It is new/sealed. Comes with a 500gb HDD and a PlayStation Plus subscription. Though it must be expired by now. It's going for around $300 on eBay. I'm asking for $235 shipped. Again, if you're interested and want to reasonably counter offer me, don't hesitate to PM me.

Accepting PayPal

I'll take 3 the division codes for $10 each if you're selling. PM me! COME ON GAF MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Edit: I'll also take this opportunity to remind everyone that this is where you should leave your feedback.

Dmax3901

What is this Division pricing error? Can I get a pm please, interested in a PC copy :)

Could potentially be interested in buying 2-3 codes too, for friends.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Thanks to Fracas for sending me a Division code for free. I sold him a Wii U for a fair price awhile ago and here he is hooking me up with a 1 cent Division code instead of selling me one for $15. That's how this thread should work.

Thanks to Fracas for sending me a Division code for free. I sold him a Wii U for a fair price awhile ago and here he is hooking me up with a 1 cent Division code instead of selling me one for $15. That's how this thread should work.
Forget it, it's not gonna happen. People in here think its okay to charge 1500 times the amount they paid for a key.

If you offer $5 they'd probably call you out for low balling.

Soulflarz

Banned
Forget it, it's not gonna happen. People in here think its okay to charge 1500 times the amount they paid for a key.

And that's why I say WTS $10 and then cut the price if I like them in PMs or use it to fund giving away every other
made $60 on 14 primal keys :V
That seemed relatively fair

as such, friends didn't feel bad giving me four division keys for my last primal key
(Still need one since I know a gaffer who'd like to play but he's too shy to use BST >_> will pay for that one I guess)

Yaari

I PMd someone who was quoting people who mentioned 15$. I asked if he could hook me up for the same price. His response? "Are we going to haggle? :)". Ridiculous. Same person here now, lowered price to 15$.

I was blown away. This is a pricing error ffs. Hell, I got 2 codes for PvZ2 for free last month and I gave them away on here. Didn't even cross my mind to start charging people ridiculous amounts of money because I got lucky.

I'm fine with selling this stuff, don't get me wrong. But wow keep it reasonable already, imagine how happy you would be if you were fortunate enough to get in on it too, if you initially missed out, like some of us did.

PS I'm absolutely cool with my code I got for 15$. Very happy with it. Sorry if this kind of posting isn't allowed.

And that's why I say WTS $10 and then cut the price if I like them in PMs or use it to fund giving away every other
made $60 on 14 primal keys :V
That seemed relatively fair

as such, friends didn't feel bad giving me four division keys for my last primal key
(Still need one since I know a gaffer who'd like to play but he's too shy to use BST >_> will pay for that one I guess)

A little markup is totally fine, but 1500 times the original price is too much imo.

I PMd someone who was quoting people who mentioned 15$. I asked if he could hook me up for the same price. His response? "Are we going to haggle? :)". Ridiculous. Same person here now, lowered price to 15$.

I was blown away. This is a pricing error ffs. Hell, I got 2 codes for PvZ2 for free last month and I gave them away on here. Didn't even cross my mind to start charging people ridiculous amounts of money because I got lucky.

I'm fine with selling this stuff, don't get me wrong. But wow keep it reasonable already, imagine how happy you would be if you were fortunate enough to get in on it too, if you initially missed out, like some of us did.

PS I'm absolutely cool with my code I got for 15$. Very happy with it. Sorry if this kind of posting isn't allowed.

I think it's totally fine to post concerns when people mark up prices like that, even tho its frowned upon here. I'd also be cool with paying a little bit more but your comment confirmed what I wrote in my initial post. I think I'll handle it like Bboy AJ and create my own list for sellers that I'm going to avoid in the future. If you feel the need to "rip off" others you should stick to Ebay or other places, not the BST thread.

When I started out on Neogaf about 2 years ago, the prices here seemed more reasonable and sellers didn't try to rip off others as much as recently.

Sarcasm

The haggle thing is pretty normal when selling things face to face or non-retail. It is done locally here but I can see why that is weird for some. If you don't want to haggle or list a price (as that is what haggling is) then so be it, sure maybe the seller is fishing but usually to see your price range. Also prices will fluctuate, at different paces obviously as each item is different.

Dmax3901

And it's a weird situation with pricing glitches cause I mean the price is kinda determined by what all the buyers offer to buy for.

If we all ask for people selling Division codes for $5 then they kinda have to sell them for $5... or go elsewhere I guess.

NoRéN

When I started out on Neogaf about 2 years ago, the prices here seemed more reasonable and sellers didn't try to rip off others as much as recently.

and when i started here 7 years ago buyers weren't so whiny and didn't resort to craigslist low-balling tactics as much.

The saltiness over missing out on price errors is getting tiresome. We're gonna need a thread for buy/sell/trade thread bitchingdiscussion soon.

NoRéN;198981306 said:
and when i started here 7 years ago buyers weren't so whiny and didn't resort to craigslist low-balling tactics as much.

The saltiness over missing out on price errors is getting tiresome. We're gonna need a thread for buy/sell/trade thread bitchingdiscussion soon.

Well, this is a community first and foremost. If someone's going to try swindling people then they will get called out.

zulux21

NoRéN;198981306 said:

It's a tired repeat airing of this situation about once a month.

The buyers complain that it's not a good market because people got keys from a glitch for a penny and thus FOR THE COMMUNITY! they should be sold at cost to share the love. that it's becoming to much of a sellers market and not enough community love.

The Sellers complain that the buyers are low-balling and in general whiny and it's becoming to much of a buyers market trying to drop prices down with talks of how the community should be and what not.

In general both sides are right. We should hold this community to a higher standard than ebay, and try to give each other deals, but at the same time it doesn't mean that someone can't turn a profit.

The end goal should always be the same. From an interaction both the buyer and seller walk away happy.

Yes, the division codes are a 1500x mark up from 1 cent. So what? get over it, at the $15 selling price you are still saving more than the seller is making off the code compared to buying off Uplay. The only one getting screwed in that situation is either new egg or the publisher as they are the ones that either have to pay for the game you just got at a reduced price or deal with the lost sale for the game you got for the penny sale. And I am not saying don't buy penny glitches. Gaming isn't cheap, if you can afford to help support companies by buying their game for full price that is great, if not just enjoying their product is also great. You don't have to buy the keys at a mark up like that. (though I do agree that if a key is from a bundle that is currently going on or from a glitch that it should be mentioned in the post, but while I personally do that I don't really feel it has to be a rule just something people hopefully would do on their own)

That talk about community, I totally agree we should be a great one, but seriously that doesn't mean sellers have to sell at or near their own personal cost of the item, it doesn't mean that they can't go above MSRP, it just means that we should strive to make sure all parties involved are happy. I personally aim to price my stuff at least 10-20% lower than current market price on most things (taken from ebay, amazon or other similar sites). If that isn't enough then well you are always free to go elsewhere and pay more or hope that someone else is going lower, but these endless our community should be priced lower posts are annoying, especially since the same few people often either start them or quickly chime in to build steam.

tl;dr Stop focusing on the fact that you could have potentially gotten something cheaper and just enjoy the fact that you are still getting a great deal. It's better in general if you focus on the pluses in life instead of focusing on the negatives.

Well, this is a community first and foremost. If someone's going to try swindling people then they will get called out.

full blown swindling, sure.
this is not a case of swindling.

If the glitch was still active and easy for people to get that would be one thing. Just like if you come in here and try to sell codes from a current bundle at a price higher than you can get them from in the bundle (aka coming in here with a $1 humble bundle tier set of games from an active bundle and trying to sell them for $2)

If the bundle is done, or the glitch is closed though, it doesn't matter how much that person paid for the codes as long as they are valid codes that won't be revoked (part of the reason a glitch tag wouldn't be bad as they have a tiny chance of being revoked) It's not swindling you to sell you something for less then you could pay for it anywhere else. That is called a deal.

Saoshyant

Looking to buy Humble Bundle keys for some of the games in the last Jumbotron and Pinball FX, specifically:

Warmachine
(already bought)
Shadowrun Boston
Dreamfall Chapters

And any of the Pinball FX tables from the last bundle ($1 tier or $5, whatever)

I missed the both of these and I'm kicking myself for not having paid proper attention.

WTS
They're all Humble stuff I already have/don't want.

I'm open to any offers and I'm happy to send keys first :)

The whole lot for $15 or prices stated

PAYDAY 2 Electarodent and Titan Masks- I don't know what they are and I'm not sure if it's even worth anything so throw me an offer!
Magicka Wizard Wars Exclusive Staff and Blade- Same as above

$1.50 each
Life Is Strange EP 1
Company Of Heroes
Sentinels of the Multiverse

$1 each
Front Mission Evolved
Bionic Dues
Colin McRae Rally
GRID Autosport Drag Pack
Hospital Tycoon
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
Operation Flashpoint: Red River
Overlord
Overlord Raising Hell (Expansion)
Overlord II
Rise of the Argonauts
Age of Empires II HD Edition: The Forgotten Expansion
Switchcars
Sweet Lily Dreams
Startopia
Gyromancer
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians

Paypal gift

Spades

WTS:

kkBoCem.png

Xbox One code for Quantum Break. You can redeem this code now and install, but probably can't play the game until launch date.

$50 via PayPal, no fees. PM me!

(Feedback for me in here)

mdsfx

SELLING:

Nintendo Wii U Deluxe (32GB Black) Console (no sensor bar or stylus)

Includes:
Wii U console
Gamepad
All original cables (HDMI, power cable, gamepad charger)
Original refurb box and packaging (all perfect)
Scribblenauts Unlimited Game (very good condition)

MISSING: Wii sensor bar and stylus

***SEE PICS HERE*** Bought this refurbished from Nintendo directly. Some visible wear, including light scuffs on top of console and scratches on the screen, but no operational issues. Very clean (pet/smoke-free).

Asking $220 shipped (Paypal, goods ok) via FedEx Ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom