• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 3 | Read the OP, and Prepare to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
WTT $50 Best Buy credit for $50 Steam credit.

NeOak

It's a tired repeat airing of this situation about once a month.

The buyers complain that it's not a good market because people got keys from a glitch for a penny and thus FOR THE COMMUNITY! they should be sold at cost to share the love. that it's becoming to much of a sellers market and not enough community love.

The Sellers complain that the buyers are low-balling and in general whiny and it's becoming to much of a buyers market trying to drop prices down with talks of how the community should be and what not.

In general both sides are right. We should hold this community to a higher standard than ebay, and try to give each other deals, but at the same time it doesn't mean that someone can't turn a profit.

The end goal should always be the same. From an interaction both the buyer and seller walk away happy.

Yes, the division codes are a 1500x mark up from 1 cent. So what? get over it, at the $15 selling price you are still saving more than the seller is making off the code compared to buying off Uplay. The only one getting screwed in that situation is either new egg or the publisher as they are the ones that either have to pay for the game you just got at a reduced price or deal with the lost sale for the game you got for the penny sale. And I am not saying don't buy penny glitches. Gaming isn't cheap, if you can afford to help support companies by buying their game for full price that is great, if not just enjoying their product is also great. You don't have to buy the keys at a mark up like that. (though I do agree that if a key is from a bundle that is currently going on or from a glitch that it should be mentioned in the post, but while I personally do that I don't really feel it has to be a rule just something people hopefully would do on their own)

That talk about community, I totally agree we should be a great one, but seriously that doesn't mean sellers have to sell at or near their own personal cost of the item, it doesn't mean that they can't go above MSRP, it just means that we should strive to make sure all parties involved are happy. I personally aim to price my stuff at least 10-20% lower than current market price on most things (taken from ebay, amazon or other similar sites). If that isn't enough then well you are always free to go elsewhere and pay more or hope that someone else is going lower, but these endless our community should be priced lower posts are annoying, especially since the same few people often either start them or quickly chime in to build steam.

tl;dr Stop focusing on the fact that you could have potentially gotten something cheaper and just enjoy the fact that you are still getting a great deal. It's better in general if you focus on the pluses in life instead of focusing on the negatives.

full blown swindling, sure.
this is not a case of swindling.

If the glitch was still active and easy for people to get that would be one thing. Just like if you come in here and try to sell codes from a current bundle at a price higher than you can get them from in the bundle (aka coming in here with a $1 humble bundle tier set of games from an active bundle and trying to sell them for $2)

If the bundle is done, or the glitch is closed though, it doesn't matter how much that person paid for the codes as long as they are valid codes that won't be revoked (part of the reason a glitch tag wouldn't be bad as they have a tiny chance of being revoked) It's not swindling you to sell you something for less then you could pay for it anywhere else. That is called a deal.

10-20% lower? Sadly, some people here people will bitch if it isn't more than 50% lower or under MSRP. Even if the items are limited and hard to get.

And I know some may try to tell me I was scalping shit earlier. What they seem to lack is the ability to read the letters "OBO", which was how I sold the Items. People got riled up about my listing while I kept quiet because there is no point to try to argue with the ones that bitch here.

I got serious offers because I listed high prices that prevented getting low-ballers trying to get stuff that has a market price of $300+ for $1 shipped. Sold them for way under the price I was asking. But hey, doesn't matter because that was a private transaction. They will just quote my price and call me a scalper for trying to some profit. Nevermind that I've tried to pass my preorders to people at actual cost of LEs sometimes.

Every page now we have someone bitching about prices. Just do not pay for them.

Echoplx

Heads up to anyone who bought Ashes of the Singularity from the price error, I just got this email from Newegg.

We are contacting you today regarding your recent purchase of the AMD Gift - Ashes of Singularity. As noted in the product title, this product was intended to be given to customers as a gift along with the purchase of an AMD CHIPSET product. Due to a system glitch, the product was sold as a standalone item allowing you to purchase it individually at a very low price.

Because these codes were intended to be given as a gift with the purchase of select video cards, the codes will not be valid for use. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. A full refund will be issued immediately. You can expect the funds to return to the original form of payment within the next 3-5 business days.

Sincerely,
Newegg Customer Service

Same thing for Far Cry Primal too according to the Steam thread, no word on if they are revoking already used keys.

Heads up to anyone who bought Ashes of the Singularity from the price error, I just got this email from Newegg.

Same thing for Far Cry Primal too according to the Steam thread, no word on if they are revoking already used keys.

It's okay guys. I won't be mad if you sell me The Division for 5 bucks and it gets revoked.
This is the only course of action. You know it to be to true. I am the only sane person on planet Earth to accept a game likely to get revoked.

Sarcasm

10-20% lower? Sadly, some people here people will bitch if it isn't more than 50% lower or under MSRP. Even if the items are limited and hard to get.

And I know some may try to tell me I was scalping shit earlier. What they seem to lack is the ability to read the letters "OBO", which was how I sold the Items. People got riled up about my listing while I kept quiet because there is no point to try to argue with the ones that bitch here.

I got serious offers because I listed high prices that prevented getting low-ballers trying to get stuff that has a market price of $300+ for $1 shipped. Sold them for way under the price I was asking. But hey, doesn't matter because that was a private transaction. They will just quote my price and call me a scalper for trying to some profit. Nevermind that I've tried to pass my preorders to people at actual cost of LEs sometimes.

Every page now we have someone bitching about prices. Just do not pay for them.

People are afraid of haggling.

WTB

2x The Division codes for $30

Do you guys think that they'll deactivate the codes?

EDIT:

Just for clarification, I meant $30 in total not for each key :) PM me with offers!

NeoGAF Plus Seller & Buyer

Shipping to US only. Click pictures for full size links :)

In desperate need to pay some bills, so any reasonable offers welcome. PM me with offers, and any questions ^^b

My YuGiOh collection $500.00 obo Links to an album of photos. Do make sure to click the text at the bottom to load all of the photos.
http://imgur.com/a/hajBQ

Philips Fidelio X2 $200.00

Starcaft 2: Wings of Liberty Collector's Edition. $80. All codes have been used except the free trial codes that come with the package

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Collector's Edition $35 Codes have been used, soundtrack has been used, artbook remains unopened.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition $30 Codes have been used, soundtrack has been used, card pack opened but all cards are there, artbook unopened.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor Collector's Edition $50 Codes have been used, soundtrack has been used, artbook unopened.

Diablo III Collector's Edition $65 Codes are used, artbook unopened

Final Fantasy X/X2 HD Collector's Edition. $45 Unopened, Brand New

Logitech MX310 $35

Samurai Deeper Kyo box set $20 Contains volume 1 & 2 dvds + room for the other dvds and some art cards

Basilisk Vol 1-6 $20(Vol. 2,3,4 & 6 are limited edition)

Gunslinger Girl Vol 1 Box set (comes with a character flag to hang) and Vol 2 DVD $25

Gurren Lagann Vol 1 Box set and Hellsing Signature Series box set $30

Vandread Vol 1, One Piece Box set #1, Hellsing Ultimate Vol 1 Limited Edition, DBZ Broly Second Coming
$20.00

Dreamcast Generator demo disc and Dreamcast Magazine demo discs

Full Metal Alchemist complete series w/ Conqueror of Shambala & limited edition tin #2 w/ soundtrack $40

Sonic 10th Anniversary Birthday Pack w/ Sonic Adventure 2, soundtrack and commemorative coin. Opened only to show contents. $35

Kingdom Hearts II San Diego Comic Con 2012 limited figures. They do separate so you can place them individually. Comes with pendant and box that are not shown. Box does have outer damage. $100.

Code Geass Limited Edition box set. Contains DVD 1 & 2, OST, another sound cd, vol. 1 manga and some art cards. Contents inside box have not been opened. $90

Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection w/ artbook. New, sealed. $70

Not really sure why abload turned many of the photos sideways D: Sorry!

Digital Movies

Jurassic World: $3
Furious 7 Extended Edition: $3
Exodus Gods and Kings: $3
Oblivion: $2
Interstellar: $3
American Sniper: $3

mr. grape

They just deactivated Primal and ashes of singularity

glhf to everyone trying to sell off division fast
Primal codes haven't been deactivated yet, despite what Newegg emailed people. Ashes of the Singularity amd codes were deactivated a few days ago, but the steam keys will most likely be fine (same thing happened to Dirt Rally)

Red Hood

Banned
I very much doubt they'll block access if you've already redeemed it on uPlay, so arriba arriba people. Not interested in money, only trades.

WANT TO TRADE

header.jpg

- The Division (it's a direct uPlay key, no Nvidia redemption required)

(PM only please, don't reply in thread, because I rarely participate in here)

LOOKING FOR, in order of preference.

- GTA V (preferably Steam gift, but R* Social Club is okay as well)
- Fallout 4
- Witcher 3 Expansion Pass, on GOG only
- Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
- Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
- Rocket League

(All PC digital by the way)

Really wanted to raffle these but since ModBot has gone rogue...

WTS

The Division Nvidia code - $10 PayPal.

SOLD!

Reminder: Nvidia is now asking you to log in to your Uplay account for redemption.

mr. grape

Different publishers.
Publishers don't have much to do with it. It has more to do with who handles the codes (AMD/Nvidia). In this case, Dirt Rally and Ashes of the Singularity were handled by AMD, meaning the AMD codes get deactivated but the steam keys don't in most cases.

Same thing also happened with Rise of the Tomb Raider (Nvidia codes were deactivated, but not the steam keys).

Anything could happen with Far Cry Primal though, since those were distributed directly as Uplay codes. The Division Uplay codes are probably safe, as long as you were smart enough to redeem the Nvidia codes/have the Uplay codes emailed to you. If you didn't, then yeah the Nvidia codes will probably get deactivated.

Primal codes haven't been deactivated yet, despite what Newegg emailed people. Ashes of the Singularity amd codes were deactivated a few days ago, but the steam keys will most likely be fine (same thing happened to Dirt Rally)

I redeemed the AMD code for Ashes last week to get the Steam code and just entered that code into Steam like an hour ago and it still redeemed. So if you got a Steam code already you're fine for at least now.

WTS HORI Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Arcade Stick for PlayStation 3 + PC - $120 + S/H

Should work on PS4 games like USFIV, MKX, Skullgirls, and the upcoming Street Fighter V!

Has a few hundred hours of fighting games under its belt, but is practically mint. Cable door is slightly loose, but still closes and holds in the USB cable perfectly fine.

I am also including 8 authetic SANWA 28mm buttons designed for the Xbox 360's colour scheme. I'm just doing this so in the event of you modding the stick with a PS360 adapter, you have the proper buttons should you desire.

I'm asking for $110 USD + shipping via PayPal.

The cat is probably not included.

I am located near Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

PS1 GAMES
(All of these are black label, in good condition, and NTSCU unless stated otherwise)
Ghost in the Shell - $35
Strider 2 (comes with Strider as well) - $65
Crash 2 (holographic) - $20
Tomb Raider (Greatest Hits) - $5
Tekken 3 - $10
Syphon Filter - $5
Syphon Filter 2 - $5
Tenchu - $5
Tenchu 2 - $10
fear effect - $10
Tomb Raider II - $5
Tomb Raider III - $5
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (jewel case is cracked) - $5
Spyro 1+2 (in a 2 disc case that's labelled as Spyro 1, and Spyro 1 is scratched but still plays) - $35
Metal Gear Solid VR Missions - $10

GENESIS/MD GAMES
TRUXTON (boxed, no manual, minor tear on spine) - $50

CONTROLLERS
Skyward Sword Limited Edition Wii Remote Motion Plus - $40
USB Nintendo 64 controller - $15

AMIIBO
All are loose unless stated otherwise. Prices are $5 plus whatever shipping.
Mega Man

Note that all my prices are USD unless stated otherwise, and shipping is not included in the prices. Prices aren't necessarily firm, and I'll be more inclined to go down on some if you're buying a few things.

I use PayPal for payment.

PM me if you're interested! I tried to undercut every eBay/Amazon.com price I could fine.

You can also PM me for pics.
I am also not opposed to trades, especially for PC and Vita stuff.

WTS
Xbox One

Gears of War Ultimate Edition Digital Code- $10 PENDING SOLD
Rise of The Tomb Raider Digital Code- $20

Accepting Paypal.

$5 price drop from my last post.

Syriel

Wtb Disney Anywhere codes! I have a son so need to build up a collection. Willing to pay 5-7 for each code depending if newer. PM me! I have a pretty good feedback list here.

Just FYI, even in code sale groups, it's often tough to find them that low. They tend to cost quite a bit more than other Vudu/iTunes codes.

This is, in-part, due to the fact that Disney cut out the dual redeem option last month.

Disney codes used to be able to be used twice. Now those same codes can only be used once.

KooPaL

This is, in-part, due to the fact that Disney cut out the dual redeem option last month.

Disney codes used to be able to be used twice. Now those same codes can only be used once.

Cool thanks for the info! At this point I guess I'd be down to pay just to build a collection. Hopefully its not retail prices :)

Ventara

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call Collector's Edition (3DS, Brand New) Trade Only Picture 1 Picture 2

Drakengard 3 Limited Edition (PS3, Brand New) $150 Picture 1 Picture 2

Bravely Default Collector's Edition (3DS, Brand New) Trade Only Picture 1 Picture 2

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Collector's Edition (3DS, Very Good) Trade Only Picture 1 Picture 2

Demon Gaze Limited Edition (PS Vita, Brand New) Trade Only Picture 1 Picture 2

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Limited Edition (PS Vita, Brand New) $180 Picture 1 Picture 2

Criminal Girls: Invite Only Limited Edition (PS Vita, Brand New) Trade Only *PM me for pictures*

htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary (PS Vita, Brand New) Trade Only Picture 1 Picture 2

Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus Let's Get Physical! Edition (PS Vita, Brand New) Trade Only Picture 1 Picture 2

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Limited Edition (PS Vita, Brand New) Trade Only Picture 1 Picture 2

Want To Trade For
- This is merely a general list of what I'm interested in. Feel free to offer other games (Vita, 3DS, PS3 and WiiU), or even link me to a trade list you may have.
- You will pay for shipping, and you'll need to be able to ship to Canada, where I live.
- I'd like any boxed items to be packed well to prevent damage.
- I'd much rather prefer trading for games in very good to new condition, though we can negotiate

Steam
Beyond Eyes
Aviary Attorney

PS4
Gravity Rush Remastered
Infamous: Second Son
The Order: 1886
Final Fantasy Type-0

PS3
Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix
Transformers Devastation

PS Vita
Memory Card 32/64GB
Ar Nosurge Plus
Hyperdimension Neptunia U
Ragnarok Odyssey Ace First-Print Edition
One Piece Unlimited World Red
Deception IV: The Nightmare Princess
Retro City Rampage
IA/VT Colorful
DJ Max Technika Tune Limited Edition
Hyperdimension Neptunia U Limited Edition
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls Limited Edition
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 Limited Edition
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3 Limited Edition

3DS
Club Nintendo 3DS Game Case
The Legend of Zelda: TriForce Heroes

WiiU
Mario Kart 8
Splatoon
Mario Maker
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse

DS

Wii
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Kirby: Return to Dream Land
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love

BorntoPlay

SLEIhbg.png

WTS:

LAST CHANCE!!!

Hyrule Warriors: Legends - Nintendo 3DS preorder with 20% off from Amazon Prime: $30.00 (amazon gift or paypal gift)

With one condition: You have to give me the "DLC code for Wii U version" that comes with the box..

i will send you directly from Amazon to your address, PM if you are interested..

bodine1231

TE2 PS4 Fightstick with Bat top,Octo Plate and custom SF Sanwa buttons - $325 shipped (lower 48)

There is a small ding in the top (pictured),cosmetic only. I'll include the original restrictor plate and ball top.

Xbox One Elite Controller - complete mint - $145 shipped (lower 48)

WTT

Japanese: PSN, eShop, Microsoft, iTunes, ect. pre-paid cards.

Want:

Someone to gift a copy of Dragon's Dogma PC on steam. Cannot get it here in Japan.
&/or
NA PSN / eShop credit.

UnrealEck

Selling

Rampage 2 Gene
Intel Core i7 920 D0
16GB HyperX Fury 1866MHz

£95 inc. delivery (UK only please)

I suspect one or two RAM slots on the motherboard may be damaged. However all 16GB of the installed memory are functional.

I also have the stock Intel cooler which needs to be mounted onto the CPU.
Maximum overclock I could get from this setup on the CPU was 3.8GHz with a Coolermaster 212 cooler.
A pretty capable CPU still, especially with DX12 games.

ThatGuy

WTT

Have
All Games are Steam keys

ARK: Survival Evolved
Wasteland 2: Director's Cut - Classic Edition
Alien: Isolation
Sir, You Are Being Hunted
I am Bread
The Talos Principle
Deponia
Goodbye Deponia