• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 3 | Read the OP, and Prepare to Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoRéN

I mean, we still have people breaking this rule:

But hey, "$1 shipped" is ok, right? Because "mah community" and "elite list of sellers".
Exactly.

And im is gonna go ahead and point this out now.

Cloggerdude or whatever yousername is. You really are a sorry ass self appointed volunteer. You already pointed out that you will enforce certain rules when it is convenient. You failed. Clearly, the people are speaking. This thread is going to shit and people with free time is not what is needed to fix this.

Shitposting doesn't go well in any other thread. Why here? Answer that.

Soulflarz

Banned
NoRéN;199182378 said:
Exactly.

Cloggerdude or whatever yousername is. You really are a sorry ass self appointed volunteer. You already pointed out that you will enforce certain rules when it is convenient. You failed. Clearly, the people are speaking. This thread is going to shit and people with free time is not what is needed to fix this.

He points out stuff that he can address easily, such as 150 posts and such. Also pretty sure he's group appointed, he isn't a backseat mod, he's the guy that runs the feedback list and such, so calm down.

Also: pointing out a GAF Rule, not a BST rule: express your dislike for their actions/argument, do not insult the person. "Cloggerdude or whatever your username is, you really are a sorry ass self appointed volunteer." I'm sorry, what?

Anyways, someone throw a PM a mods way, this needs to be sorted out.

For Sale

1 x FFX-2 Vita download code - £10

I bought FFX with my vita last summer, i have zero desire to play X-2. The code is collecting dust and i need to finance a Vive purchase

I will provide pictoral evidence my code is genuine if that is required.

Paypal only please.

kizito

Is anyone interested in buying my Oculus Rift Preorder? From the email I just got, I seem to be in the first batch. Order number is in the 26 range.

Essentially, I didn't know that I even had an Oculus Rift Preorder until I got this email a few hours ago. I did put my information in about a minute after the preorders went live, but I got an error message, and I ultimately decided that $600 was too much for me anyway.

I'm not really sure how to price this—I do intend to make a profit, or I might as well just cancel the preorder. I'm going to ask for $850 initially, and if I don't get any bites in the next couple of days I'll lower it a bit.

Obvious caveat: Yes, I'm selling something I don't technically have in my possession at this exact moment. That said, if I can close a deal before the Rift ships, I can send it directly to your address, so that you get it ASAP!
PM sent :)

Well, this thread turned into a shitshow. I can't even say "fast," because this tension has been bubbling for a while. Whatever needs to be done to steer this ship in the right path needs to be done quickly. I can't speak for KoreanBarbecue, as he is no longer around, but I'd like to think he wouldn't have let this drag on for as long as it has.

Also, and I don't know why this hasn't been mentioned yet, but the PM system isn't faulty. It's just that the same 60 second (I think 60) buffer that prevents a user from PMing multiple times in a short succession is still in play. It's just that MobileGAF doesn't communicate that at all, while DesktopGAF does. Same thing for the post timer, if I remember correctly.

On-topic, I want to buy stuff, so can we do more Buying/Selling/Trading, please?

SLEIhbg.png
S9i5ey0.png

+25 Seller, +10 Buyer

Links will take you to a photo. I can provide additional photos upon request. All prices includes shipping to US. I will ship outside of US, but it has to be a method that provides tracking, so will probably be pricey.
Accepting Paypal F/F (friends and family) or G/S (goods and services). Prices for G/S a little higher to cover fees. See below. I will ship protected and with tracking either way! Unless it’s a Sunday or postal holiday, I’ll always be able to ship out within 24 hours of payment.
Full disclosure: I do put some of my items on eBay as well. However, the prices are always higher (to cover fees) and I will wait a few days before putting them up there to give people here first shot. I'll list them at least twice here before putting them on eBay.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments (XBox One)
$12 (F/F) or $12.67 (G/S)
- Like New.

Sunset Overdrive (XBox One)
$11 (F/F) or $11.64 (G/S)
- Like New. Download card for Day One content has been redeemed. Still has two-day XBL trial.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Guide (Wii and Gamecube versions)
$11 (F/F) or $11.64 (G/S)
- Very Good +. Still has brand new shine to it and poster included. The binding is very slightly loose on the front page. That sounds worse than it is, but I don't really know how else to describe it. Can provide a photo if needed.

Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
$10 (F/F) or $10.61 (G/S)
- Complete. Very Good Condition.

The Wolf Among Us (XBox One)
$8 (F/F) or $8.55 (G/S)
- Like New.

Earth Defense Force 2025 (360)
$8 (F/F) or $8.55 (G/S)
- Complete. Like New Condition.

Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (360).
$8 (F/F) or $8.55 (G/S)
- This isn't really the Gold Edition because the DLC codes were redeemed. Basically, you're getting Resident Evil 5, but with a cool slip cover for the Gold Edition. Like New condition.

AwRy108

Well, this thread turned into a shitshow. I can't even say "fast," because this tension has been bubbling for a while. Whatever needs to be done to steer this ship in the right path needs to be done quickly. I can't speak for KoreanBarbecue, as he is no longer around, but I'd like to think he wouldn't have let this drag on for as long as it has.

The "tension has been bubbling" ever since we started allowing people to PUBLICLY call out selling prices. Saying "Hey, that's cheaper at Amazon right now." and "Dude, that's blatant scalping." may sound like different statements, but they both boil down to the same thing: random users policing whenever they see fit.

When KoreanBarbecue was in charge, there was none of that allowed, regardless of the wording or tone. The thread was self-policing, and it chugged along like a well-oiled engine. Ever since we started permitting people to be volunteer vocal Gestapo, the thread has gone downhill.

The BST thread is like a flea market: browse and buy, but don't cry out in public when you feel that someone is overcharging. Much like a flea market or yard sale hunting, some of the fun of this thread has ALWAYS been snagging some awesome deals, even when you weren't specifically looking for something. I thought that this was the essence of this thread; but, lately, I feel like some people have been steering more towards a one-stop shop for buying Steam keys and and glitched nVidia codes. Personally, I'd prefer it to be both, though that would require people to stop the public whining and shaming.

For example: when someone is, say, flipping Humble Bundle keys while the bundle is still active, the potential buyers are still getting a deal that's way better than standard daily prices. Still have a problem with it? Then go buy the bundle yourself and give them away for free on here. Undercut the supposed scalper; but don't make a scene about it.

Anyway, just the two cents from a long-time BST user.

sabanoo

NoRéN;199182378 said:
Exactly.

Keep in mind all of the positive changes lately have been solely because of Cloggerdude. He's definitely put in far more effort to maintaining this thread and its feedback than anyone else.

Labadal

How am I supposed to know what people are willing to sell things for? If there was something like an established price, I'd agree. But I don't see anything wrong with throwing an offer out there. There's also no rule about PMing offers. Sometimes the PM system doesn't work.

Throw out an offer in PM and don't shitpost in the thread. You damn well know that they aren't selling for $1 shipped. If you see a listing with no price and that annoys you, just ignore it. Or offer a price that you think is reasonable.

I never make offers directly in the thread and I doubt you make serious offers in the thread. Offers most often go via PM.

We're more than one person being tired of your antics. That type of post has annoyed me for a long time, but I didn't say anything until yesterday.

The "tension has been bubbling" ever since we started allowing people to PUBLICLY call out selling prices. Saying "Hey, that's cheaper at Amazon right now." and "Dude, that's blatant scalping." may sound like different statements, but they both boil down to the same thing: random users policing whenever they see fit.

When KoreanBarbecue was in charge, there was none of that allowed, regardless of the wording or tone. The thread was self-policing, and it chugged along like a well-oiled engine. Ever since we started permitting people to be volunteer vocal Gestapo, the thread has gone downhill.

The BST thread is like a flea market: browse and buy, but don't cry out in public when you feel that someone is overcharging. Much like a flea market or yard sale hunting, some of the fun of this thread has ALWAYS been snagging some awesome deals, even when you weren't specifically looking for something. I thought that this was the essence of this thread; but, lately, I feel like some people have been steering more towards a one-stop shop for buying Steam keys and and glitched nVidia codes. Personally, I'd prefer it to be both, though that would require people to stop the public whining and shaming.

For example: when someone is, say, flipping Humble Bundle keys while the bundle is still active, the potential buyers are still getting a deal that's way better than standard daily prices. Still have a problem with it? Then go buy the bundle yourself and give them away for free on here. Undercut the supposed scalper; but don't make a scene about it.

Anyway, just the two cents from a long-time BST user.

Volunteer vocal Gestapo?

Yeah, I'm done.

I get constant PMs from both sides trying to get me to take care of issues and so I do what I can. I send PMs and I do polite call outs in the thread. Here's the thing though guys: I'm not a mod and I've never tried to pretend to be one. I've tried to remain a presence in the thread, but I have no actual power. All I ever did was volunteer to help maintain the feedback list, because I love this thread.

I have also never, at least to my knowledge, implemented any kind of rules by myself. I have always been an advocate for the community regulating itself and establishing its own rules.

But now I'm done. I'm not rage quitting, I'm just tired of dealing with it.

Let me say this though: Please just attempt to be civil with each other. If you have beef, then send the other person a PM and rage at each other that way. Please don't get this thread shut down, because it's honestly my favorite part of Neogaf.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Smh at chasing Clogger away. This stuff will blow over, Clogger. Don't quit. I don't know where people got the idea you actually moderate BST. Your name isn't red.

To all the hot shots: If my $1 shipped posts annoy you so much, just put me on ignore. Simple. Don't compare Clogger to a mod. He's just a feedback volunteer and a huge part of BST.

Labadal

I have no problem with Clogger. He's a cool dude and I hope he stays. Your posts, however are not helping the thread. I don't put people on ignore. I'm trying to tell you that your $1 shipped posts are unnecessary and it's a shame that you don't realize this. You don't make serious offers in the thread, they usually go in PM. Your $1 shipped offers are made to stir up shit.

foltzie1

WTB Disney Movie Anywhere Codes Offering $7 ea or Make me an offer: (need to build up a collection to entertain my daughter.)

• Disney: Tinkerbell, Cinderella - Animated, Princess & The Frog, Alice in Wonderland (other movie offers welcome too)
  • Pixar: The Good Dinosaur, Ratatouille, Bugs Life, Monsters University
  • Marvel: Thor, Thor Dark World, Iron Man 3, Captain America - Winter Solider

foltzie1

BTW, I have no opinion on the recent churn, since I'm new and considering I've made quite a few deals that I'm happy with I think the current system works well.

Just wanted to say thanks to the folks making it possible.

Volunteer vocal Gestapo?

Yeah, I'm done.

I get constant PMs from both sides trying to get me to take care of issues and so I do what I can. I send PMs and I do polite call outs in the thread. Here's the thing though guys: I'm not a mod and I've never tried to pretend to be one. I've tried to remain a presence in the thread, but I have no actual power. All I ever did was volunteer to help maintain the feedback list, because I love this thread.

I have also never, at least to my knowledge, implemented any kind of rules by myself. I have always been an advocate for the community regulating itself and establishing its own rules.

But now I'm done. I'm not rage quitting, I'm just tired of dealing with it.

Let me say this though: Please just attempt to be civil with each other. If you have beef, then send the other person a PM and rage at each other that way. Please don't get this thread shut down, because it's honestly my favorite part of Neogaf.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't referring to you or any of the feedback volunteers as Gestapo. I think he meant people who were calling out sellers regarding lower prices.

That said, I don't think you deserve all the hate you're getting about this; as you said, you're just volunteering to update feedback. It's a thankless job that doesn't have any perks at all. I'd like to thank you for all the work you've put into it.

What makes things worse for Cloggerdude and others is that there's the expectation that some authority/power comes from updating feedback, but there's nothing of the sort, and as volunteers, voicing our opinion carries no more weight than any other poster. It's an uncomfortable position to be in when we have to call people out, as there's really no power as a volunteer, we just want to keep everyone happy.

A lot of the other volunteers, myself included have not been pulling our weight with the feedback list; life just happens and people get busy. For this I apologize, and this thread/community has certainly grown quickly over the last 1.5/2 years.

To the topic on hand; it's really irritating having people do drive by posts; they're not helpful in any way, shape or form and just adds a snarky tone to the whole thread. I understand that as a community, we should be looking out for each other, but it's a free market and people will pay what they want for an item. We can't all expect people to sell everything at MSRP or less, especially if the item isn't easily obtainable. An example: you won't expect someone who has Panzer Dragoon Saga to sell it for $70 (I mean it'd be nice, as we all love deals), but no one would fault them for selling it for higher than MSRP, but less than market value.

I know that there are sellers who do charge eBay prices for items, yet expect to be paid by paypal FF. I think this thread is fairly good about not rewarding this sort of behavior, and these items don't sell. We just have to find a balance in making both the buyer and the seller happy.

If you think that the item is priced too highly, PM the seller and see if you can work something out. I understand that this creates an extra step, but haggling's kind of expected unless the price listing says FIRM. The worst they can say is no, and if no one is willing to pay what they're asking, the seller will be forced to lower the price and go from there.

As for the newegg price glitches, while it doesn't feel great to miss out on a great deal, we shouldn't pressure sellers to sell keys for the same price they bought it at. It'd be nice to get a deal, but we saw that people were happy to pay 10-15 for a Division key, which is still way cheaper than retail. The people who weren't happy to pay this either messaged the seller to haggle or waited for someone with a better price.

This thread is an awesome place to buy/sell and trade, but realize that it's not the end all, be all for this; there's eBay, amazon and all other online stores; as well as CAG, NintendoAge and other forums. I know we've hit a few rough patches lately, which has come from posters not respecting each other. There's a growing divide in buyer and seller expectations and that can be solved by communicating with each other. We need to start respecting each other again. It requires a little bit of work from both buyers and sellers, but I know we can do it. This is a community run thread, and the mods are pretty hands-off on this, because we've shown that we can be mature and figure out our issues. If we keep having issues and have to get mods involved, they may just shut everything down, and that's no good for anyone involved.

Let's appreciate this thread for what it is: a place where we can deal with individuals to get items we want. The customer service is almost always definitely better, but we have to remember since we're dealing with individuals, the efficiency or pricing isn't always going to be that of a online retailer. At the end of the day, we may even make a friend from our transactions, which is not something we can easily say about online retailers.

Miker

WTS - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!! 3DS new/sealed - $6 shipped

WTS - leftover keys from last Humble Jumbo Bundle
Shadowrun Returns - $2
TransOcean: The Shipping Company - $2
Holy Potatoes! A Weapon Shop?! - $2
Magicka 2 - $2
WARMACHINE Tactics w/ Mercenaries Faction Bundle - $1
Shadowrun Chronicles - Boston Lockdown - $1
Oceanhorn: Monster of the Uncharted Seas - $2
Cheaper if you buy in bulk

WTB - Steam key for Towerfall Ascension

There shouldn't be any posting in here unless it's a WTS or WTB post really, especially now that the feedback is moved to a different thread.

Shouldn't have to sift through 20 posts of bs to find a person that is selling something.

If you don't like a price don't buy it, it's that simple.

There shouldn't be any posting in here unless it's a WTS or WTB post really, especially now that the feedback is moved to a different thread.

Shouldn't have to sift through 20 posts of bs to find a person that is selling something.

If you don't like a price don't buy it, it's that simple.

Good lord, all of this. Just make the thread buy/sell posts only.

And the dude calling out Clogger...come on son get real.

Oh look Bboy's derailing the thread again.

Agreed.

Tired of his $1 posts that clog up the thread. It's annoying. And the idea if I don't like it, I should just put him on ignore? Nah, because it's still going to derail the thread and the replies to that will still show up. It doesn't fix the problem, only masks part of it.

Invis

WTS: Until Dawn PS4 - $25 shipped

Destiny Xbox One - $15 shipped

iPhone 4S AT&T 16GB Very Good Condition. Comes with original box and charger. - $85 shipped

WTB: Xbox One Lunar White Controller

The World's End / Hot Fuzz / Shaun of the Dead Trilogy Blu-ray

The Ultimate Matrix Collection Blu-ray

300 - The Complete Experience Blu-ray

Drastic

Bboyaj is following the rules here. If people who don't like posts without prices are just supposed to ignore posts without prices, why isn't that same stance applied to offer posts of amounts you don't like? This is a two way street.

1 - seller posts with no pricing/make offer. Don't like it? Tough shit, it's within the rules.
2 - buyer makes offer on above post (at any price). Don't like it? Tough shit, it's within the rules, too.

If you are going to say $1 offers are shitposts and not allowed, what about $2? $5? Where's the actual line? Who gets to decide what a shitpost is?

** A buyer post offering something you think is crazy is just as easy to ignore as posts without prices. **

And you guys attacking the volunteers in this thread - WTF? really?

mdsfx

Just make the thread buy/sell posts only.
This gets my vote. I'd rather have a separate discussion thread.

Bboyaj is following the rules here. If people who don't like posts without prices are just supposed to ignore posts without prices, why isn't that same stance applied to offer posts of amounts you don't like? This is a two way street.

1 - seller posts with no pricing/make offer. Don't like it? Tough shit, it's within the rules.
2 - buyer makes offer on above post (at any price). Don't like it? Tough shit, it's within the rules, too.

If you are going to say $1 offers are shitposts and not allowed, what about $2? $5? Where's the actual line? Who gets to decide what a shitpost is?

** A buyer post offering something you think is crazy is just as easy to ignore as posts without prices. **

Who the hell actually sends real offers via the thread and not PM?

Intent changes everything. Sellers don't state "best offer" just to take a jab at buyers. You know damn well that "$1 shipped" posts are meant only to make a statement.

I think the biggest problem anyone has is that why don't offers for items with no price happen via PM instead of "$1 shipped" in the thread? You don't tend to see anyone negotiating out in the open for any items because although it's not an implicit rule people know for the good of the thread that the deal making process should happen in private not out in the open.

Come on guys get it together. If I was a new member wanting to join in on the BST thread and saw all of this nonsense, I wouldn't par take. It's really as simple as this, ignore the posts if you don't like it. This thread has gone south in the last couple of months and that really sucks because a lot of good people frequent this board.

Yeah inquiries don't belong here, not even the serious ones.

It might be time to start a new B/S/T thread (With a buy/sell/trade rule only implemented of course) to help people put this nonsense behind them. 2015 ended 3 months ago anyways.

All offers should be PMd. That should be mandatory. It would stop people from acting dumb and hiding behind "well, I'm not breaking the rules so it's cool to act like a dick."

It's weird that this needs to happen since thats literally childish behavior, but if that's what it takes.

This can all be resolved quite quickly; if someone says offer, the offers should be pm'd and thats that. Do your haggling privately. It's literally that simple. You know it should be pm'd too you just dont do it cause you want to act like a dick head

Mega

Banned

What you're suggesting is very pro seller and anti buyer. I used the real life analogy earlier of shady shops in the pre-Internet 90s that would sell gaming goods WAY above MSRP because they counted on foot traffic that didn't know about the legit shop a few blocks away that sold stuff at fair prices (and no sources of knowledge to educate that foot traffic). We are a community helping each other out with deals, yes making money too, but not trying pull a fast one on each other and maximize sales at all costs. I don't agree with this notion that we shouldn't educate unaware users about better prices. That's fucking crazy and counter to a healthy message board culture and a friendly BST thread.

NoRéN;199158994 said:
Why isn't anyone else getting to come up with new rule suggestions?
NoRéN;199182378 said:

Your ire is completely misdirected. First, it's not his job to moderate users and he literally cannot since he's not a mod. Second, the new BST Feedback thread, which has significantly uncluttered this thread, happened because Clogger listened to the feedback of people posting here and PMing him in the past couple of months, working with mods to make it happen, etc. I know because I was one of those people inquiring in the background, sent a huge post arguing its merits and so on. He does listen and take actions. Don't get mad at him and call him out when people want different things and are pulling him in different directions. He's doing the best anyone could possibly do.

If there's no problem with sellers like NeOak charging over msrp, I don't see why there are problems with my attempts to haggle. You might think $1 shipped is unfair but to some sellers, it isn't. Let us sell for whatever we think items are worth.

If the thread feels that should not be allowed, then I propose a required price requirement. Whatever makes you all happy.

I get what you're doing and I'm on the side of requiring prices to avoid confusion and facilitate faster negotiations and less guesswork, but your method of being nasty, sarcastic and pointing fingers is ineffective and the fastest way to anger/alienate people and get them to disagree with you regardless of how much sense you're making. You're going to accomplish nothing doing what you're doing now. Be constructive instead of mean and snarky.

isitstill

Is anyone selling any discounted eShop credit? PM me if so. Or, just tell me who is. I have Paypal. Thanks!

I haven't been on BST in a while, but I have plenty of feedback as a buyer/seller.

EDIT: detectiveconan1 just told me about the Family Dollar sale. Big thanks!

WTS:

Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and 2 BC for XONE $5 apiece

also looking to sell the 3DS theme that came with Hyrule Warriors - make offers

Steam Keys:

South Park Stick of Truth $4
This War of Mine: $3

Labadal

Pointing out cheaper offers or calling someone out is fine by me. As long as these posts are helpful, we should allow it.

Someone tried to sell something in this thread and I then pointed out it could be gotten for free. Stuff like that should be okay.

EDIT: We need to agree on something because this topic or similar topcs keep popping up in this thread.

Drastic

Who the hell actually sends real offers via the thread and not PM?

Intent changes everything. Sellers don't state "best offer" just to take a jab at buyers. You know damn well that "$1 shipped" posts are meant only to make a statement.

Offers should be PMd.
This.

Also, I agree sellers should have to list a price.

I think the biggest problem anyone has is that why don't offers for items with no price happen via PM instead of "$1 shipped" in the thread? You don't tend to see anyone negotiating out in the open for any items because although it's not an implicit rule people know for the good of the thread that the deal making process should happen in private not out in the open.

There is no rule that states offers must be sent via pm. Sounds like we need that or seller pricing required to sort this out.

Otherwise, who is going to be responsible for determining "intent" or "you know damn well"??? People already being called out for this shit above, including innocent volunteers.

This is a simple system with rules. Follow them. Petition for change if you want.

BumRush

Positive Feedback for riskVSreward ...quick payment, easy to deal with.

Enjoy the games, bud!!

Edit: Sorry guys, I'm new to the thread. I just noticed there is a feedback thread. Apologies.

Mega

Banned
An item is worth what somebody is willing to pay.

You don't get to decide for other people.

If a seller is offering something for $40 and a passerby notifies the seller it's readily available at $20, the passerby is pointing out choices to the buyer and simultaneously clueing in the seller that his $40 listing may not sell because it's currently overpriced relative to what's out there at that very moment. No one is deciding shit for anyone just because information and options are being put forth. IF you still want to buy the $40 item because you wanna give your money to a Gaffer, or because of instant convenience, or because you trust the Gaffer more and the condition of the listed item, then you still have that decision. No one's hand is being forced.

On what planet is it fucking cool to keep a buyer in the dark about price options? Amazon doesn't do this, Ebay doesn't... they show you all the prices a thing can be had for on their storefronts, because they know not doing so is basic anti-consumer behavior. And those are for profit companies! We're a community and should have even higher standards to helping each other out. So why are people suggesting we be regressive?

WTB:

NA Physical ps4:

Until dawn -15
Resident evil origins - 15
Life is strange -12
Arkham knight - 12
Gravity rush -10
Dynasty warriors 8XL - 10

Have for trade:
Helldivers complete - sealed
Divinity OS EE
COD:Ghost

PM please - Thanks!

Willing to hear your prices or bundaroos as well

NeOak

If a seller is offering something for $40 and a passerby notifies the seller it's readily available at $20, the passerby is pointing out choices to the buyer and simultaneously clueing in the seller that his $40 listing may not sell because it's currently overpriced relative to what's out there at that very moment. No one is deciding shit for anyone just because information and options are being put forth. IF you still want to buy the $40 item because you wanna give your money to a Gaffer, or because of instant convenience, or because you trust the Gaffer more and the condition of the listed item, then you still have that decision. No one's hand is being forced.

On what planet is it fucking cool to keep a buyer in the dark about price options? Amazon doesn't do this, Ebay doesn't... they show you all the prices a thing can be had for on their storefronts, because they know not doing so is basic anti-consumer behavior. And those are for profit companies! We're a community and should have even higher standards to helping each other out. So why are people suggesting we be regressive?
When things like listing items that were $60 MSRP + S&H and are limited as fuck, with market prices of $300+ and are listed for 2/3rds of said market price or OBO with shipping included ends up getting whining posts for the next 3 pages from multiple users.

It went from name calling to trying to guilt trip. That's when some here were trying to force someone's hands.

Because of this. It causes drama and discourse among members and makes people not even want to list items here. I didn't list my Division keys here because of this specifically.

Chances are if they are on NeoGAFs B/S/T thread instead of Ebay or Amazon they are savvy enough to know who is and who isn't scalping.

If it bothers somebody they don't have to buy it. We are not the B/S/T police.

Honestly you just sound bitter because you missed a price glitch.

Can we start a new thread for this debate? I have money burning a hole in my pocket. Looking for Xbox live currency or The Division digital code.

GRaider81

WTS

Steam keys £2 each unless stated

Oceanhorn
WarMachine: Tactics + Merc faction bundle
ShadowRun: Dragonfall DC
Magicka 2
Holy Potatoes
TransOcean: The Shipping Company
ShadowRun returns

Dreamfall Chapters £4
Grey Goo £5

Deus Ex Human revolution DC £5

Mikeside

WTS

2x Steam Controllers - brand new, never been opened
£33 each of £60 for both
Price includes UK shipping, can ship to Europe at cost - just ask and I'll find out how much

I've also got the Halo3 cat helmet in good condition - don't know if it's worth anything, but I'll ship it to somebody in UK for £10?

Drastic

Yep and when a vast majority of posters agree that someone is being a dick, perhaps it's time to take a step back and rethink your methods. Let's not conflate what and hows here. As someone pointed out, while it's arguable that a price should be required, the means by which one goes about expressing this is important too.

You must be bored out of your mind to let this 'no price' shit bother you. Don't see a price? Pull out your list, make a petty note and move on. Do not fuck this thread for everyone else who doesn't give a shit.. Not only are you targeting someone you think is being absurd for not helping with your OCD, you're targeting everyone else who aren't bothered by it and no how to scroll down. And AJBoy knows that, because we've told him for months. But he doesnt give a fuck and won;t take responsibility for his own behavior.. So I say we get a mod involved since we can't come to a resolution on this because nothing is changing.

My point is this, everything you are talking about is self-policing, which most people won't do. That's why we have rules. Leaving things up to interpretation, expectation, whatever - this is going to leave someone upset.

There are things in this thread that might "bother me" like scalping/making money/whatever, that people bitch about and it continues to go on. Nothing you can do about it. It's allowed. Just like making offers (lowball or not) when someone asks for them.

If everyone would just ignore the posts they don't like we'd all be fine.

NeOak

If everyone would just ignore the posts they don't like we'd all be fine.
Sadly, the ones that whined about prices didn't and posted a few times while the rest tried to ignore until another bait post came and "oh, just ignore me lulz".

That person didn't ignore the posts of others when he was annoyed, why would we when we got annoyed? Then he claims innocence when called out after being being told for a long time to please stop posting that stuff.

I want you to know that I am agreeing with everything you are saying. Calling people out behind some imaginary police badge as it were is hurting this place. I agree 100%
This. That shit really soured my experience here and made me really consider going to eBay and selling it for the price listed.

But then I got serious offers and I sold the items without saying anything here because thankfully the whining had died down. Or so I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom