• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buzz! Quiz TV - Official Thread of Quiztacular Quiztestants!

Roxas

BeeDog said:
Nice. Could you please post the available trophies?

Yup, i just ninja edited my previous post. They all seem pretty easy...well, except the ones we dont know of course.

Roxas

Ok i just got one of the secret trophies. Its a Silver one called "He's on Fire", just correctly answer 10 questions in a row!

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Roxas said:
Ok i just got one of the secret trophies. Its a Silver one called "He's on Fire", just correctly answer 10 questions in a row!

I'll play "Complete the video game title" then, that'll be easy :p

Edit: not enough questions :p

Sorry if this has been covered, but has anyone who has the game checked if the new wireless buzzers are compatible with the PS2 buzz titles (on PS3)? Thanks for the info!

Gnorman

Banned
Unlocked one of the secret trophies for getting a flawless round, it's silver.

Details, Correctly answer all questions in a multiplayer round with all players.

Captain N

McBacon said:
I'll play "Complete the video game title" then, that'll be easy :p

Edit: not enough questions :p

Do the trophies work with user created questions? If it does we could just create a quiz with simple answers and get them that way.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Captain N said:
Do the trophies work with user created questions? If it does we could just create a quiz with simple answers and get them that way.

Nope, only the "play some MyBuzz rounds" work.

Can anyone tell me how DLC works? it can't seem to find the specific question pack quizzes in the menu's. Are they just integrated int their specific genres like music, movies and so on?

Got another hidden trophy today. It's "win a round with each character".

BTW, how many players is this in Sofa Vs Sofa? I mean can you not have 2 families play together like 4 vs 4? I can only see for up to 4 players max, which seems a missed opportunity...

Tomorrow (or Wednesday) is the big day for North America, I'm really looking forward to picking this up. To those who already have the European version, can you import the quizzes from the MyBuzz website into the game?

Wollan

distantmantra said:
To those who already have the European version, can you import the quizzes from the MyBuzz website into the game?
Yes. Well, you don't technically manually import them, the quizzes (all of them) is just simply available via the online component.

EktorPR

I planned on picking this game up day 1, but a couple of issues arised and I just can't spend $70+ bucks on gaming this week... (wipEout)

Wollan said:
Yes. Well, you don't technically manually import them, the quizzes (all of them) is just simply available via the online component.

So if I wanted to create a quiz based on a bunch of inside jokes from my group of friends, I'd make it online and then look it up?

Torgo

BoxKicker2Turbo said:
Sorry if this has been covered, but has anyone who has the game checked if the new wireless buzzers are compatible with the PS2 buzz titles (on PS3)? Thanks for the info!

Yes, the Wireless Buzzers work with the PS2 games, and the Wired controllers work with the PS3 game.

Loudninja

Get Your BUZZ! Face On Tomorrow!
Hey all you BUZZ! fans - the big day is tomorrow! We officially launch BUZZ! Quiz TV for PS3 and BUZZ! Master Quiz for PSP in North America. Hopefully you have been enjoying creating quizzes on the MyBUZZ Web site (looks like you’ve all been busy!) and by now, I’m sure you’ve all read the previews and are aware of all the cool stuff that’s to come with the games, but here’s a brief recap.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/09/22/get-your-buzz-face-on-tomorrow/

:D

Petrae

I've spent the better part of the last four days with the final copy of the game and it's the best trivia game that I've played since You Don't Know Jack! many moons ago.

The single-player games are a bit on the bare side, but multiplayer games are a blast.

distantmantra said:
Throw Pain into the mix and you're set. My friends still love Pain after almost a year of playing it.

I would add Singstar or another karaoke game, RB and GH are fun, but nothing beats good ol drunk karaoke, I wish you could have 4 mics at the same time.

Chairhome

So, does anyone know how this compares to "Scene it?" on X360? I just want to know in terms of questions, are there different question types, or are they all multiple choice questions? Just wanted to see if the two can be compared at all. My wife made me buy Scene It for X360 and I thought it was going to be stupid, but I've been playing it for almost a year now and we still have friends asking to play it when they come over. I'm hoping for similar or better experiences here. Thanks!

Petrae

Chairhome said:
So, does anyone know how this compares to "Scene it?" on X360? I just want to know in terms of questions, are there different question types, or are they all multiple choice questions? Just wanted to see if the two can be compared at all. My wife made me buy Scene It for X360 and I thought it was going to be stupid, but I've been playing it for almost a year now and we still have friends asking to play it when they come over. I'm hoping for similar or better experiences here. Thanks!

The questions are largely multiple-choice and most of the rounds reward the fastest buzzer. There are a few variations to the standard "read the question, give an answer" formula, such as being the first to buzz in when a proper picture displays or when playing certain rounds on the Music Channel.

This game really can be a party game for the PS3, Having a few friends over can make for a fun experience, and when you start repeating questions included on the disc, there are some top-notch custom-made quizzes that you can score for free-- plus there are expansion packs coming (for a price).

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Me and my friends had fun with SceneIt on 360. We will like this too right? (yes I know sceneit copied alot from buzz, but i never played it). Wanted something else to play since we usually have a party night once a week. :D

Gonna be an expensive few months for me :eek:

mrbagdt

the only thing making me nervous about picking this up is the concern that the questions are going to be way to easy and it will just be a fastest buzzer game. i like a bit of a challenge- i downloaded jeporady and that game was WAY harder then anything i have played before.

Chairhome

Petrae said:
The questions are largely multiple-choice and most of the rounds reward the fastest buzzer. There are a few variations to the standard "read the question, give an answer" formula, such as being the first to buzz in when a proper picture displays or when playing certain rounds on the Music Channel.

This game really can be a party game for the PS3, Having a few friends over can make for a fun experience, and when you start repeating questions included on the disc, there are some top-notch custom-made quizzes that you can score for free-- plus there are expansion packs coming (for a price).

Thanks! I appreciate the info. I'm going to pick this up sometime within the next few days!

Jim

mrbagdt said:
the only thing making me nervous about picking this up is the concern that the questions are going to be way to easy and it will just be a fastest buzzer game. i like a bit of a challenge- i downloaded jeporady and that game was WAY harder then anything i have played before.

I've been playing the US Retail version for a bit now (after playing Jeopardy for a while), and the questions are way better balanced in Buzz, but they are not straight up "easy". They are pretty much all pop-culture related, so there's no need to brush up on your Colonial American history or anything. There are not a ton of simple "buzz in and win" questions, there's a good mix of question types that level out the field somewhat.

Having lots of fun with the game. The awesome wireless buzzers really make it. Online is very seamless. Good trophies too :) The user created questions work really nicely.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I have done a lot of perusing through the online quizzes and yeah... there are definitely some great quizzes out there. It's really the quiz game that never ends in that respect. The only thing I don't like, and this is NOT a criticism of the game but just the nature of the beast, is that you really can't make your own quizzes for your friends to play as, well, you'll know all of the answers. :p In that respect it kind of sucks that their is no self made content for this game. That being said, there is no reason you can't download others' quizzes and then simply contribute back with a ton of quizzes of your own design. I kind of like that pay it forward design.. definitely unique.

Hopefully picking this up this week or next.

AranhaHunter said:
I would add Singstar or another karaoke game, RB and GH are fun, but nothing beats good ol drunk karaoke, I wish you could have 4 mics at the same time.
this is the truth. RB2 has made a tiny bit of headway with Journey, Survivor, Duran Duran, etc.. But especially if you are going to be playing with chicks, an actual karaoke game will get things rolling a whole lot more than a rock game. Even WITH the additions of RB2 every girl I know is still all about SingStar and not even interested in RB2.

Clinton514

Just went through a couple of hours or so of playing. I'm very impressed. Like Jim mentioned, online is so smooth. I wish there was a way to mix up the game modes a bit more and perhaps an option to hide answers in All That Apply...but I suppose that's part of the fun of the mode, having everyone copying the top scorer.

So far my best trophy is a silver 10 streak. I haven't broke 5000pts yet.

jaydogg691

I was really hoping to pick this game up today at my local Best Buy, but they did not have them in stock. I want to pick this game up, but WipEout HD is coming out tomorrow and will be busy playing that all day (and maybe some Mega Man).

Is anyone else having problems updating this? I got the game yesterday and it prompted me to update it to version 1.01 as soon as I put it in. The download is going at a snails pace, keeps giving me "An error has occurred while downloading", and dropping back to the XMB.

I've got a 60 gig PS3 running through a wireless connection. My Wii, 360, iPod, and PC are all running fine. -_-;

Top Bottom