• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

C.V Confirms 'PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale' Coming To Vita [And 5 websites]

yencid

This would be really cool but I'd be surprised if they had it ready by then.

Do the character outlines bother anyone else a little?

600x-1

600x-1

Outlines are to show specials.

Zen

Banned
I dont think vita can run gow ascencion without some significant downgrade, it's kinda easy to see sly 4 running on vita and even then they have to cut the framefrate in half for vita version. Same with pbr, but its hard to imagine the more graphic heavyweight like gowa and last of us running on vita.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sly 4 was envisioned as a PS3/Vita game from the start, hence the relatively modest visuals of the PS3 version.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sly 4 was envisioned as a PS3/Vita game from the start, hence the relatively modest visuals of the PS3 version.
I think the modest visual is simply because sanzaru games are not that big and not because they planned both version since the start. If anything, this probably start as vita title before they move it to ps3

mangaroo

Banned
Outlines are to show specials.

As in the special characters, P1-4? Otherwise it seems the thick white glow is there when the players are idle too although after watching some gameplay still can't tell, but looked fine in the matches. Useful for keeping track of the players gameplay wise I'm sure, always had that trouble of focussing when it zoomed out with SSB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aVxcHTD1fY

Keeps cutting out to the players though.

This one is slightly better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZUU-pdO8Rw

As in the special characters, P1-4? Otherwise it seems the thick white glow is there when the players are idle too although after watching some gameplay still can't tell, but looked fine in the matches. Useful for keeping track of the players gameplay wise I'm sure, always had that trouble of focussing when it zoomed out with SSB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aVxcHTD1fY

Keeps cutting out to the players though.

This one is slightly better: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZUU-pdO8Rw

your super meter, once you have 1 super meter ready it outline your character, so if you see your opponent glowing, better be careful around him

I'm not sure if I should really congratulate them for making what should've been bloody obvious from the beginning. So what happened? Did they only just realise that they should be releasing a Vita version as well? Or did they deliberately delay the Vita version announcement because...

Delayed system announcements aren't new (Assassin's Creed 1 comes to mind) but the logic behind them seems pretty stupid. Best case scenario, you get in the headlines twice, which probably gives you about as much publicity as a new game trailer. Worst case scenario, people only hear the first announcement and have no clue about the second version.

That Sony's doing this with their newly launched, poorly selling system is fucking mind numbing.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm not sure if I should really congratulate them for making what should've been bloody obvious from the beginning. So what happened? Did they only just realise that they should be releasing a Vita version as well? Or did they deliberately delay the Vita version announcement because...

Delayed system announcements aren't new (Assassin's Creed 1 comes to mind) but the logic behind them seems pretty stupid. Best case scenario, you get in the headlines twice, which probably gives you about as much publicity as a new game trailer. Worst case scenario, people only hear the first announcement and have no clue about the second version.

That Sony's doing this with their newly launched, poorly selling system is fucking mind numbing.

I'm assuming they wanted to save these PS3/Vita announcements for E3, where they'll have a big segment of the show dedicated to games that are available on the PS3 and Vita.

"Playstation All-Stars, LittleBigPlanet Karting, Sly Cooper - You can only find these games on both Sony platforms, the Playstation 3 and the Playstation Vita." I can practically hear Jack Tretton saying it now.

Ravage

Third party games would need to be announced for the system first before anyone can pull out that card.

Well, it already happened. Some Ninty fans were complaining when they found out that Sega is publishing more games for the Vita than 3DS for the next fiscal year.

Squire

Banned
This and AC3 have been givens for Vita since the day the versions were rumored. No reason to doubt either whatsoever.

Tuck

Both again? Jeez. I wonder if this one supports cloud saves too.

Would be nice, though I'd never make use of it - I'm not buying two copies of the same game.

I somewhat agree with you. I can see the appeal of something like Sly on Vita over PS3. But this, no I can't. It's a multiplayer game designed for playing with others. I have no idea why anyone would rather buy it on Vita.
Here's a reason, because net code is better on PSV and its firmware has better options for PSN on PSV. Cross talk being one such feature.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
You know what would be insane? Bayonetta appearing in this game.

Yesterday i have a dream lara croft is in this one, and nathan drake and lara croft will have same special intro dialogue if they're a team in a 2 vs 2 match

Top Bottom