• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys. It's happening.

5GoVLqeAOo6PK.gif

TheRed

They are allowed to talk about the PC version but ... not show it?

Why? Pretty simple if you ask me.

PC = Windows.
Windows = Microsoft.
Microsoft = XBOX.

You sure as hell don't want people to talk about how good/bad the PC version was, right? Better stick to PS4Pro and show off what has been done on that platform. Sony exclusives right y'all!
Nah I expect it's them not wanting 60fps footage to overshadow the versions most of the fanbase will be playing right from their first reveal. I'm okay with this at least it can be talked about. Hope to see it maybe at E3.

Nah I expect it's them not wanting 60fps footage to overshadow the versions most of the fanbase will be playing right from their first reveal. I'm okay with this at least it can be talked about. Hope to see it maybe at E3.

This. At some point they're gonna have to pay attention to PC specifically because I get the impression a lot of people have yet to be sold on Destiny 'round these parts.

Here's why no PC footage ;)

Interesting the focus on Pro here. I've been theorizing for a while now the marketing is going to push D2 hard as a Pro focused game and the bundle for it in September will also be a Pro bundle.

D1 moved insane PS4 hardware at launch and I think Sony wants to try and repeat that with D2 on the Pro

molnizzle

Battlefield may not be 60fps locked on OG PS4, but, it is the targeted framerate, and for the most part runs at 60fps.

Any framerate on the Pro, is at least closely matched by the OG version. There aren't any games with giant gaps in framerate when comparing Pro and OG versions.

It's a dumb rule on Sony's part imo, but that's how it is.

People got this idea from the leaked documents prior to the Pro's release. Documents that also included rules that have been proven false (like every released game after Fall 2016 must ship with Pro support).

I just don't think this "rule" exists.

HMD

Bungie twitch chat is in "1 hour follower mode" so you should follow Bungie rn if you care about twitch chat.

Interesting the focus on Pro here. I've been theorizing for a while now the marketing is going to push D2 hard as a Pro focused game and the bundle for it in September will also be a Pro bundle.

D1 moved insane PS4 hardware at launch and I think Sony wants to try and repeat that with D2 on the Pro

White Destiny 2 PS4 Pro?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

It would be weird to me if Sony ever showed a PS4 game that wasn't the Pro version ever again.

Well, unless they replace the Pro with an even better PS4, but you get what I mean.

People got this idea from the leaked documents prior to the Pro's release. Documents that also included rules that have been proven false (like every released game after Fall 2016 must ship with Pro support).

I just don't think this "rule" exists.

Well, I don't know if it's explicitly written somewhere, but has any dev or publisher shipped a game that runs significantly better on the Pro? (framerate-wise that is).

really hope this is 60fps on console

there was no graphical reason for the first one to be 30fps (it was a by product of the multi generational release im sure)

well, it was way prettier than most games out at the time. it was also 1080p on both, which a lot of games were still coming up short on.

It would be weird to me if Sony ever showed a PS4 game that wasn't the Pro version ever again.

Well, unless they replace the Pro with an even better PS4, but you get what I mean.

I more mean the marketing. Right now commercials on TV for games, etc. don't really show off Pro all that much. They just show a general "For PS4".

I fully expect D2 to have a heavy Pro bundle and essentially all marketing around it focusing on Pro. The commercials on TV showing the Pro hardware bundle explicitly and saying "Better on PlayStation Pro" for example

molnizzle

Well, I don't know if it's explicitly written somewhere, but has any dev or publisher shipped a game that runs significantly better on the Pro? (framerate-wise that is).

Plenty of games have 60fps options on Pro that are not available on base.

The Surge, for example, gives you the option of 2880x1620 at 30fps or 1080p at 60fps on Pro. Base PS4 is locked 30fps.

I'm not sure about MP games, but Snake Pass is sub 1080p/30 fps on standard, and 1080p60 on Pro I believe.

Plenty of games have 60fps options on Pro that are not available on base.

The Surge, for example, gives you the option of 2880x1620 at 30fps or 1080p at 60fps on Pro. Base PS4 is locked 30fps.

As it should be, honestly, the Pro should run games at 60fps if it can do it, regardless of what the OG can do. That's how PC gaming is, and most competitive pvp gamers understand this concept. I don't get why Sony decided against it.

f7FdEdG.jpg

Raids are the best thing about Destiny and are what makes it stand out in a world of mediocre FPS games. They're an unrivalled experience on consoles imo.

Trials are the best thing about Destiny as evidenced by the ridiculously larger Twitch community built around it.

The first time I went flawless post Taken King my squad had to beat a popular streamer to make it to the Lighthouse. I'll never forget that.

The main reason D2 is going to go for 30 over 60 is visuals / graphics sell games better than Fps does. The focus will have been around improving the games fidelity.

There is a slim chance they go for PvP at 60 while PvE is 30

Trials are the best thing about Destiny as evidenced by the ridiculously larger Twitch community built around it.

The first time I went flawless post Taken King my squad had to beat a popular streamer to make it to the Lighthouse. I'll never forget that.

More people stream / watch PvP but PvE has a larger player count

Gurrry

LESSFUCKINGO!

So hype. The only part that bums me out is that Ill have to put down injustice 2 to watch this, but it will be worth it (i hope).

LiK

Trials was fun but some people took it way too seriously. It became a deciding factor for me on who was a dick and only cared about winning and not having fun anymore. So fuck Trials and the tryhards who think they're awesome at 30fps shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom