• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

california is a mistake

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Never heard of scooped bagels until now. Honestly, if I was forced to have a bagel I’d probably try it this way. But bread and bagels are my least favourite type and it’s probably smarter to just avoid eating shitty food than going out of your way to have it in a slightly more palatable form.
I can't help but think that this is a needlessly negative approach to a foodstuff that has been enjoyed for thousands of years. You may not like bread but "shitty food"?

Dynasty8

Californian here. No, never heard of this shit.

CA isn't the mistake, it's TikTok and the modern day Gen Z antics. We had our own cringe issues growing up...but the stuff I am seeing now from these teens to young adults makes me realize how fragile we are becoming as a society.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
By just looking at the thread title I was reminded of my mild mannered tourist friend who got lost in LA as it was getting dark & glimpsed a small mexican child quickly dropping his shorts in an alley, took a shit then gave him the finger as he ran away.
Same thing happens in SF with grown ass men. 🤣 Added bonus they won't run away they might actually mug you

PSYGN

How embarrassing to put this video out there. I hope for his sake it's some kind of joke but not sure these days.

eddie4

Genuinely Generous
I think people in California are just bored, and they keep doing stupid shit just to see if it sticks.
"what if I take this bread, and remove some bread from it and then charge double and call it scooped and fuck you that's what"

I was in a grocery store a while back, and two customers got into an argument over something about being in line or whatever, didn't really catch the first part of it, but one of the ladies rebuttal was "oh yeah, well, I'm from California!" which was just a really weird thing to say. So I chimed in with, "Would you like a cookie?" She just stormed off.

Last edited:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I just learned what a scooped bagel is.

I think he had his brain scooped a long time ago.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
I have always wanted to try that soup served in bread bowl.

R.b72fe2f4d79b531f12ed04581daaefda

But scooped bagels sound completely alien to me.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
I grew up primarily along the Chesapeake Bay. Big seafood area, particularly crab.

One of my first jobs was working in a little restaurant that served a lot of crab dishes. Cakes, salad, whatever. One day a couple visiting from California came in and asked why we didn't have crab done "the correct" way. What way is that you may wonder? They wanted that shit cold and unseasoned. That's how they ate crab back in California.

Mistake

I'm visiting California for a bit, and I had one guy demand I give him my parking spot, and then later on I was offered a spot by someone else because he still had time on his meter.

GymWolf

Gold Member
This video reminded me of the professional pizza slicer eater dude around 2:20

Sometimes people should just not have childs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom