• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Calisto Protocol will have Denuvo

Droxcy

I figured as much, It's a huge risk for a new studio & IP those sales are going to matter tons. The game looks well done but hiding it being Denuvo stops somewhat a mass adoption early on obviously for those who cannot afford new games or what have you, those people could become fans of the studio/franchise and buy into the DLC or next titles.

I personally never had any serious issues but there are clear evidences that it causes stutters, heavy cpu and disk usage etc.
An example was posted above where it caused massive stutters in RE village (and I remember it causing some stutters for me too but nothing game breaking).
Probably why Re village is not on torrents hehe , i already own it on Ps5 !

Overhead on the CPU, which causes loss of performance. Sometimes can cause stutters.
If someone has a powerful CPU, it not as noticeable. But on mid to low end CPUs, it can be much worse.
Ah i see ! So this could be why i should go with the ps5 version ! I habe a 5600X cpu

BreakOut

Don’t some companies run DRM for like the first month and then disable it? I don’t know where I’m getting that from.

drotahorror

Probably why Re village is not on torrents hehe , i already own it on Ps5 !

RE8 can definitely be found on torrent sites.

RE Village on PC, had stutters with every enemy killed and anytime the sisters grabbed you and let out all those bugs or w/e, I can't remember. Insane slow down there, talking 10fps or less with the sisters.

The way that this was figured that it was tied to Denuvo is because Empress cracked Denuvo for RE8 and the pirated version had no stutters.

Capcom finally fixed the stutters months after release (and plenty of complaints) thanks to Empress.

Tryin to find this video for a while, it's a video I recorded of the daughter stuff, it's very short. Someone told me on reddit it was based on texture quality and resolution. I proved them wrong.

Last edited:

Filben

It's either Denuvo or DX12 stutter fest or both. Fuck it. Since it hasn't got RT anyways I'm going for the PS5 version this time. Just as well go for the PS5 version then. Also, many devs can't be arsed with proper DualSense support on PC.

RE8 can definitely be found on torrent sites.

RE Village on PC, had stutters with every enemy killed and anytime the sisters grabbed you and let out all those bugs or w/e, I can't remember. Insane slow down there, talking 10fps or less with the sisters.

The way that this was figured that it was tied to Denuvo is because Empress cracked Denuvo for RE8 and the pirated version had no stutters.

Capcom finally fixed the stutters months after release (and plenty of complaints) thanks to Empress.

Tryin to find this video for a while, it's a video I recorded of the daughter stuff, it's very short. Someone told me on reddit it was based on texture quality and resolution. I proved them wrong.

weird i can't find it ....

FluffShake

There's only a single individual doing cracks for Denuvo games right now AFAIK and they're an absolute nutjob, so... good luck with waiting on this one.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Console gamers please stand up!!!

nba all star legends GIF by NBA

Buggy Loop

Sometimes it can affect game performance

So yeah, not great.

But I'll play on PS5 anyway

I mean, the video says it’s basically capcom’s own DRM and not Denuvo's.

"The people who removed the content protection from the game suggest that both denuvo and capcom's own copy protection are present in the game, with capcom's anti-piracy measures actually embedded within denuvo, making it even less optimal. By stripping out what the hackers call capcom's entry points for the DRM, which do seem to be tied to a bunch of game events like combat and the issues with the maidens, the game is absolutely transformed."

Everything was fixed later on with still the denuvo DRM in. It's japanese devs derping their way to PC.

Anyway, quite cute to see that peoples would take the denuvo DRM with minimum impact to frames in many games as a reason to go to a console that barely break 60fps with lowered settings..

Knock Yourself Out You Can Do It GIF

Last edited:
Top Bottom