• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

I'm basically gambling on whether or not I've found all our PRs, alongside a cultist, so I want you guys to give me your opinion on whether I should reveal names or not

Droplet

I didn't want to wait another day. I couldn't. It's too nerve wracking, thinking whether something will happen tomorrow or the next night. I entered the game planning to reveal after 2-4 nights of info collected

Yeah, I understand that. We're down quite a few people now anyway so it's a good time before you end up on the chopping block yourself.

Take a breath, and come back with your findings. Be smart about them, but if you're going to reveal all of this, do it right.

So your ability lets you kill at night ? like a sleepwalking town member who also kills ?

No

I'm a motion detector who detects through DREAMING, which is why brought up the "some people are immune to being role_blocked by sleeping"part of Lord of Castamere's description

RetroMG

Hmm..

OK, first on Ultron. He claimed responsibility for Darryl and Lone_Prodigy and claimed he only had two bullets. He may have misread his PM, or he may have been intentionally misleading us. He COULD have killed LoC, but if so, why did the Mafia not kill anyone that night? Makes no sense.

Hyper, I don't know if revealing everything yet is wise, but could you tell us who you watched the night LoC died, and what the result was?

Welp, I got an active person tonight as well,
YES

My list so far

Dead Town PR
Neuromancer- (sanity) investigator
Fireblend- town doctor
ultron87- 3 shot vigilante

Dead neutral
Blarg- HP Lovecraft, no cult kill
MattAttack- finds that for us

Dead cult/would be cult
Timeaisis- Godfather, hold that L
LoC- Cult roleblocker, useless on me, hold that L
L_P- hold that L

Sorian- insane tourist/2nd cult
Darryl- for sure insane tourist

Alongside me, I've got two alive active people (found) + RetroMg's claim

And I suspect one is mafia

That gives us 4 suspects

Of course, if I manage to kill off all of our PRs while not killing mafia, that would be BAAADDD

Hmm..

OK, first on Ultron. He claimed responsibility for Darryl and Lone_Prodigy and claimed he only had two bullets. He may have misread his PM, or he may have been intentionally misleading us. He COULD have killed LoC, but if so, why did the Mafia not kill anyone that night? Makes no sense.

Hyper, I don't know if revealing everything yet is wise, but could you tell us who you watched the night LoC died, and what the result was?

I don't want to

Not yet. We're going to have an agreement on this one, because if I reveal the town PRs and let scum get by by accident, I don't think I could forgive myself. I want to know what you guys all think

nin1000

Banned
I don't want to

Not yet. We're going to have an agreement on this one, because if I reveal the town PRs and let scum get by by accident, I don't think I could forgive myself. I want to know what you guys all think

We still have more than 3 days left so take your time hyper , this could be the game changer !

RetroMG

I don't want to

That's reasonable. No rush.

Alongside me, I've got two alive active people (found) + RetroMg's claim

This is a little unclear. Are you saying that you have seen me use a night action? Because that is not possible.

The way I see it, we're either facing a lone party from the beginning, a 2nd cult based on recruiting (in which case my guess is that Sorian was our 2nd insane tourist), or a somewhat smaller 2nd cult (in which case my guess is Sorian was a member of that)

I have a good feeling that there's only one person left, although I won't discount the idea of two. I feel pretty sure that they are not a 3 members, a total of 6 cultists plus 1-2 recruitable feels like way too much for a 23 person game (and the book and 2 neutrals on top of it all)

Btw, Droplet, you use the book?

Droplet

Btw, Droplet, you use the book?

No, I didn't even have it in the first place.

My partner was the one who had it and he used it to protect me. We wanted to see if new cult was targeting book claims (since they killed off NF), but it seems like they don't really care about it at all. It is possible I was just a bit too loud yesterday though.

My partner was the one who had it and he used it to protect me. We wanted to see if new cult was targeting book claims (since they killed off NF), but it seems like they don't really care about it at all. It is possible I was just a bit too loud yesterday though.

Waiiiiitttt.

PARTNER??

I can confirm this.

I had the book, and used it.

It was worth the risk.

Anyways, TWE, Droplet, should I potentially reveal our PRs + scum all at once or not?

Hm...I say yes because if you do we can see where you stand and if we end up voting off a Cultist today that you say is a Cultist then even if you die tonight by a Cultist if there is a 2nd one then we know we can most likely hit someone else.

I say yes.

Nope

I'm going by the numbers, and probable balance. We have 3 dead PRs, the book, a neutral combo that benefits town, and I have Retro and I. On top of that, I've discovered 2 people, so I think I've caught some scum

I'm more sure of the idea that we have one scum left, and that's it. The numbers really make sense there

RetroMG

Hyper, what makes you believe Neuro was a Sanity Investigator? I get that he triggered something at night, but why that role?

To clarify, asides from Neuro, no one has died.

I don't see people who visit another person. Rather, I can see whether my target was active at night

I think he's that way because it's the only one that makes sense as to why he would erase Sorian and himself.

There's absolutely nothing else that makes sense. I doubt he was a lyncher, because we already had one

I might call it a mistake, but look at it from Neuro's perspective. He tests the waters on Sorian, but by that point thinks that if he claims, people will think he's bullshitting

He saw a chance and went for it

The only other thing I could see is if he was a watcher and saw Sorian visit Fireblend, which may or may not mean Sorian was cultist. Although I'm pretty sure the cult of cthulhu got at least one kill, it would suck otherwise

In that case, we might be dealing with two members or one members, as Sorian would either be a PR or a cultist, but that still keeps the same situation, one cultist left, or limits the number of possible PRs left, heightening the chance I've caught a cultist

RetroMG

I'm not saying that I don't believe you, Hyper, but I do feel like we as a group should remember to take this with a grain of salt. While I don't think Hyper is lying, it IS a possibility we should guard against.

I'm not saying that I don't believe you, Hyper, but I do feel like we as a group should remember to take this with a grain of salt. While I don't think Hyper is lying, it IS a possibility we should guard against.

I understand that. That's why I'm offering myself up as a possible suspect. We might kill all of our PRs first, but I feel reasonably certain that, by the end of this, we will have gotten our last cultist

If not though, we're SOOOO fucked it's unbelievable

I started to divulge a bunch of stuff yesterday, in case I was killed tonight, something I saw a very real possibility. In fact, going back to my first day here, you can probably find stuff.

Ok, does anyone have an idea of what this is about?

Me trying to bring attention to this

Sorry for not posting, was busy yesterday.

I reeaally doubt LOC died role blocking TWE. Dying because a failed role block. The worst case scenario I could see for that is the person being put to sleep getting alerted and told who attacked them. I feel like if you could die due to that, there would've been a warning in loc's role. That's a HUGE fucking deal, that's a while cultist dead to neither night kill or lynch

No way. I'm sticking with the idea that cult turned someone insane that day.

Which means
VOTE: ultron87

With the precense of a 2nd cult, I'm not entirely sure I trust that you're on our side and that the x-shot claim is true. The idea that loc died role blocking makes no sense, and you're the next conclusion after that

It mentions consequences. I even made a guess at those consequences. I highly doubt those consequences mean death. That's a full 1/3, 1/4 if the CoC is useful, members dead. I just can't see the consequence being as severe as death for a role blocking role. It just makes more sense for it to simply alert that player who LOC tried to role block

I'm still open to the idea, because going off of what makes "sense" is a bad move, but I just see it Amas a less likely possibility

Talking about my doubts on the LoC death, why I think his role block didn't kill him

Btw, everybody, I currently am guessing that there are 2-3 Town PRs left, assuming Neuro was our investigator (which is just about the only explanation that makes sense for what he did. Yeah, guys, I don't think we have an investigator right now).

I'm also gonna guess 1-2 cultists assuming a recruit/starts off with two. Sorian was either insane tourist or 2nd cult, by my guess, because again, there's no reason for Neuro to do what he did in that case. (Of course, it could always be the other way, but I feel like Sorian could've bandwagoned Neuro with the info he had pretty easily)

From what I'm guessing, this 2nd cult was either made smaller or designed with the idea of recruiting. If Sorian was 2nd cult, I'm guessing that they are at two right now, cult has recruited someone. IF Sorian was insane tourist, I'll guess they are at one right now, with the 2nd cult designed for recruiting

I'll assume one for now, because it's better to overpredict and be wrong than underpredict

This was around when I realized I might not survive till today, and that I had to post some stuff so that if I died, you guys could figure things out

Asides from GreatCharleston, johhnyquicknives, and ScraftyDevil, that's everybody, which is enough for me

Night 1- Neuromancer (active)
Night 2- nobody (fuck you Vylash. No really, fuck you)
Night 3- nin1000 (active)
Night 4- nin1000 (active, he had had the book yesterday and claimed no use)
Night 5- Rats Off To Ya (active; god damnitt lovers)

With RetroMg's claim, we have about 3, maybe 4 suspects to attack

You saw ultron move that night? Why wouldn't he claim his kill of LoC?

No

I had no clue, but it didn't make sense that my ability, that of a simple motion detector, could kill

Now that I think about it, them blocking me might have made them lose their kill, which is a possible explanation

Top Bottom