• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: “Blacksmith” Reveal Confirmed for May

MP1ST

We are able to confirm that publisher Activision and developer Sledgehammer Games will announce the next Call of Duty game, code named “Blacksmith”, some time in May.

In addition to our info, the likelihood of an unveiling this May is quite high, considering some of Activision’s previous marketing tactics.

The first hints for Infinity Ward’s Call of Duty: Ghosts surfaced at this exact time last year when the official Call of Duty website was updated with an interactive mosaic, eventually filling to form the shape of the Ghosts’ iconic skull logo. The game’s first live-action teaser trailer was launched May 1, 2013. Similarly, Treyarch’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 was unveiled during the NBA Playoffs on May 1, 2012.

Not sure how reliable this is but news nonetheless. Does make sense considering the dates of the reveals of previous CoD games.

sense

i can reveal a november release for this game

the source is usually good. i am just joking because an unveiling in may is a given for a call of duty game

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
1c227c9c2c6b98b1facad88e23dad156_zps8e5a68cf.jpg

Duxxy3

Call of Duty set in medieval times. Fight off the Russian horde while protecting King Arthur.

Calling it now.

I thought Ghosts was the last MW installment? They're continuing it with ANOTHER game? Ergh.

Ghosts isn't connected to MW at all. That's a separate storyline with a different cast of characters. MW3 was supposed to be the final entry in that story.

I'm interested. Seems like the Destination Playstation leaks were true, as noted above.

Wonder what the kicker will be this time? Call of Doge was a good move.

Metfanant

Isn't it almost a forgone conclusion that this will be the next entry in the Modern Warfare Dutyverse?...

Codename likely has ZERO to do with the game at all...wasn't Black Ops 2 "Titan" or something like thay?

So I guess the Destination Playstation leak was right? Well, I can't say I'm not interested. I've lost hope in the shell of Infinity Ward, and Treyarch tend to do a good job with the series now. That basically just leaves Sledgehammer in the middle so it can go either way from here. I just hope it isn't complete shit like Ghosts though.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
If it's gonna be Modern Warfare 4, I'd rather they just remake COD4 and spruce it up with some fancy new graphics and a couple of extra features+all the old DLC map packs from the start.

May as well just play the best in that line of universes. Would be nice to revitalize that game without all the hackers too.

PROTONONE

Neo Member
Ghosts isn't connected to MW at all. That's a separate storyline with a different cast of characters. MW3 was supposed to be the final entry in that story.

You're being quite generous suggesting that any CoD has something as complex as a storyline.

thefit

A codename for a cod game? What a bunch of morons just fucking name it COD15 for fuck sakes, I mean fuck it.

Top Bottom