• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

COD usually has a lot of maps, when I read 13 maps I thought it was little; usually it is about 15 - 16 maps, but not a huge difference. Hope that Atlas Gorge map becomes available for everyone at some point (for free).

Yeah, I was a little let down by that news as well, but if the maps are great then 13 will be enough. Every game usually has 2-3 maps that almost everyone hates, or in Ghosts case, nearly every map, lol.

So if those 13 are solid then I don't even think we'll notice the lack in quantity.

IISANDERII

Quality of maps does not magically increase the number of them. I expected them to ship with at least 20 maps by now considering most people buy COD just for multiplayer.
Absolutely agree. The number of maps should be going up, not down. Oh wait, they are going up when you count DLC, my mi$take.

Add to that there are more+more throwaway maps that always get vetoed which reduces the practical number even more.

I preordered this on PSN, running out of stuff to do on Destiny, and this looks different enough. With COD I always end up regretting picking it up, but I'm willing to give this a shot. If anything for the campaign.

alterno69

Banned
anyone with the ps4 version please post impressions about how the game performs, screen tearing specially, it was horrible on ghost and that was weird because COD games usually don't have that problem, at least they didn't on 360
No screen tearing after 4 campaign missions and level 20 on MP.

Jackpot

Banned
I saw a few cutscenes and I agree with everything Kevin Spacey said. Although he loses his temper way too easily.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
watching the stream.

people die faster than ghosts and the guns sound like paintballs.

I think the sound's terrific tbh, real 'oomph' to the weapons and very crisp. They sound like actual guns. The energy shotgun is my favourite, it's got great kick and sound. But then I thought the BLOPS games sounded great as well and that the Modern Warfare games sounded pretty poor.

Nokterian

I think the sound's terrific tbh, real 'oomph' to the weapons and very crisp. They sound like actual guns. The energy shotgun is my favourite, it's got great kick and sound. But then I thought the BLOPS games sounded great as well and that the Modern Warfare games sounded pretty poor.

They did a whole new library of sounds they threw out the old ones...and for good reasons. Did you hear the railgun? Sound is delicious and better then ghosts in every other way.

Jarrod38

I think I miss from all of the CoD games is the gore. It was great watching a guys leg fly off after tripping a bouncing betty.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
They did a whole new library of sounds they threw out the old ones...and for good reasons. Did you hear the railgun? Sound is delicious and better then ghosts in every other way.

Everything sounds better, expecially the guns. I love all the effects for the exo suit, so cool.

Yeah the railgun sounds fantastic :) Very impressed with the job SG has done soundwise.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I bought the digital PS4 copy and I'm debating getting the season pass, how many maps does the season pass add?

I bought it and 1 at launch, which is in the OP.

Not to mean this as a comparison, but this takes me back to the days of GRAW and Frontlines Fuel of War lol. I remember those bad yet comfortable days.

So which platforms have dedicated servers? They said they'd announce which platforms have them soon. According to people streaming, the PC version has them...so what else?

Sorry if this has been answered already, but if I buy the PS3 version (disc) will I also have the ps4 version? Or is that only with download version?

Sorry if this has been answered already, but if I buy the PS3 version (disc) will I also have the ps4 version? Or is that only with download version?
I wouldn't swear to it but I think it's only the download version.

Also I'm so tempted to get this :/ I love a good CoD but at the same time... Ghosts lol.

AHA-Lambda

To anyone here who has it already, how long is the campaign?

They did say it would be longer (can't imagine it'll be by much though).

I loved that scene :D

Stupid question:

Will my game unlock for european launch even though i bought it with my US account? (PS4)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=136992217&postcount=425

Check the link for answer to your question. The only bad thing that I've experienced so far is the inability to access my extra digital contents like pre-order weapons or equipments on my main account despite having the US PSN set as 'primary'. That kinda pissed me off when pre-loading through US PSN. Unfortunately, my main PSN account doesn't allow pre-loads.

Only applies to digital.

I wouldn't swear to it but I think it's only the download version.

Also I'm so tempted to get this :/ I love a good CoD but at the same time... Ghosts lol.

Digital downloadsonly
Thanks guys. I just got a new internet provider but I think it's slower than my last. 54 gb is huge. I'll have to do a test to see how long it'll take to download large files.

I wasn't sure if the midnight launches would be tonight or tomorrow night, but it makes sense that they're tonight.

I was going to go out and 'rent' a game for a week, so I might as well do it at the same time tonight and go to the launch.

16BitNova

Still trying to decide on picking this up for PS4 or Xbox One. Is the resolution better on PS4? COD has always resonated with Xbox for me, but if it runs and looks better on PS4, well then PS4 it is.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Sexy OP, good job. Less than 10 hours to go!

CozMick

Banned
Are you saying Infected can have 18 people on PS4/XBO/PC? I've seen people stream infected and it was only 12 players on current gen.

I was talking about Ghosts on ps4, I assumed AW would be the same.

Why on earth would they reduce the player count on this? makes no damn sense urgh :/

Top Bottom