• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Wait, there's only 13 maps? I was holding out to see whether this could possibly replace Titanfall for me, but I'd rather have a wide variety of good, complex maps that encourage different types of play with a small core set of balanced weapons instead (I never used over ~70% of the guns in BLOPS II- SMGs, anyone?).

Still, the SP might be good enough to warrant a purchase; if the word on that is good over the next couple days, I'll pick this up once I get my new PC parts on Tuesday.

EDIT: Okay, Titanfall did only ship with 15 maps. It just feels like a lot more now since all the map packs are out.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Wait, there's only 13 maps? I was holding out to see whether this could possibly replace Titanfall for me, but I'd rather have a wide variety of good, complex maps that encourage different types of play with a small core set of balanced weapons instead (I never used over ~70% of the guns in BLOPS II).

Still, the SP might be good enough to warrant a purchase; if the word on that is good over the next couple days, I'll pick this up once I get my new PC parts on Tuesday.

I think you'll have more people playing CoD, especially for the remainder of the year.

skynidas

Banned
When you guys buy games from the US store how do you play them with your EU account?

I tried downloading a free app and I can only use it with the US account.

with games it just works. you buy the game and download it from the us account. and then it will work with your eu account, you don't have to do anything else

NuKERxyz

haha, i'm from Spain but i buy my games from the US store for that reason. didn't know it was even cheaper in the hong kong store.

We usualy buy them on the US store but sometimes games on the HK store are even cheaper, this is also true on Ps4.
Its ridiculous to buy a game for 69€ here in Portugal ffs.

Green Yoshi

Has anyone played it on Xbox 360 or PS3? Is it the same game or something different as the Call of Duty games for PS2, Xbox and Gamecube?

Hip Hop

Has anyone played it on Xbox 360 or PS3? Is it the same game or something different as the Call of Duty games for PS2, Xbox and Gamecube?

Same game. Just lower quality in graphics/resolution. I doubt they will ever do spin offs for last gen anytime soon.

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
When you guys buy games from the US store how do you play them with your EU account?

ps4 or xbox one?

with the xbox one, i can buy with my usual account (the one i created 2003 for europe) from the US store. no need to create a new account. I can even download the games from the german store after that.

kiguel182

with games it just works. you buy the game and download it from the us account. and then it will work with your eu account, you don't have to do anything else

with the EU as primary then?

I'll have to try it someday. Games are way too expensive in euros.

We usualy buy them on the US store but sometimes games on the HK store are even cheaper, this is also true on Ps4.
Its ridiculous to buy a game for 69€ here in Portugal ffs.

Fnac now does 55 euros with some pre-orders, that makes it more acceptable. Since Amazon stopped offering the ports it's the best way to get physical copies.

ps4 or xbox one?

with the xbox one, i can buy with my usual account (the one i created 2003 for europe) from the US store. no need to create a new account. I can even download the games from the german store after that.

Forgot to say I meant on the PS4.

But the fact that you can download them from your own store is cool. I don't think Sony allows that.

Recall

Trying to pre-order the PS3 version off the PSN store, only available as a bundle which is 54GB. I won't have a PS4 till Christmas so how much of that 54GB is the PS3 version?

I'm gonna pick it up tomorrow, and do so with the 7 day game guarantee, just in case I don't love it. Sometimes I play through the campaign, play multiplayer for a bit then move on, and I don't want to be on the hook for $80 (after taxes) if I won't play it a lot.

Autofokus

You need to set your US account to 'primary PS4' too. Doing this does not affect your original 'main' account.

So I changed my Timezone and Region to New Zealand and in the sidebar it said "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Ready to Install"
(I had already pre-loaded) so now it's started a separate installation and when I clicked "Manage." The locked pre-loaded version remained and the new download was there as well and it now takes up 93 GB on my HDD.

Someone please explain/help.

Someone please help.

I am HYPED for this!

....So is he

GIF-Kevin-Spacey-House-of-Cards.gif

T.O.P

Banned
Its awful. I still have Bayonetta 2 there as well.

With work and a young family finding the time is hard but the games are easy.

Got a game gift card for £30 but I want to go all digital...

Went through Bayo 2 like nothing last night, game is just too good, will give it a Hard playthrough once hell has calmed down a bit lol

X1 stream is looking good, game looks ace at night

There is a video on Reddit that claims to be on XB1 that has host migration.

yes it does

S¡mon

Banned
So.... yeah, I just pre-ordered this game (delivery tomorrow, Nov 3rd). Last time I pre ordered a Call of Duty games was 4 years ago. And the last Call of Duty I (partly) bought after release was, I believe, three years ago with MW3.

So, yeah, hopefully a big jump forward from what I can remember.

MilesTeg

Banned
Gonna have to pass on this for now as I don't have the cash. First CoD I won't get day one really since I started playing the franchise (World at War). Oh well. Still unsure when I'll end up grabbing it, but if the maps are indeed smaller I'm interested. Don't have a PS4 but I might by March so I might end up downloading eventually.

biteren

after some chat, it seems im getting Day Zero Edition on nov 5th, so im gonna be late to the MP party. at least i wont feel im missing out when i play SP

lmbotiva

anyone with the ps4 version please post impressions about how the game performs, screen tearing specially, it was horrible on ghost and that was weird because COD games usually don't have that problem, at least they didn't on 360

360 version looks incredible if you ask me. High Moon Studios did a very good job.

Yeah, that looks solid for the 360, but geezuz that dude needs to turn the brightness up.

anyone with the ps4 version please post impressions about how the game performs, screen tearing specially, it was horrible on ghost and that was weird because COD games usually don't have that problem, at least they didn't on 360

I only recall seeing screen tearing on that castle map. I really think we've got nothing to worry about with the PS4 version this time. Ghosts was just a shitty launch game rushed out the door by Infinity Ward.

HelloMeow

Played some private matches against bots. The game looks so much better and faster with a fov of 90. The movement translates really well to mouse + kb.

This game has a lot of potential.

biteren

Where did you order from?

amazon.com, seems my payment option failed so i had to make sure it went though now, theres a chance i could get it monday since theres a Amazon warehouse around where i live, but im not holding my breath.

Riky

$MSFT
Done a few hours on X1 last night and today, maps are a big step up from the one's that shipped with Ghosts, it also looks better than Ghosts but to my eyes not as nice as Titanfall. It reminds me of Blops 2 with a hint of MW2 in map design and a touch of Titanfall. It's still very much Call Of Duty so anyone expecting a big departure is gonna be disappointed.

Arkanius

The last Call of Duty I truly enjoyed in Multiplayer was MW1 (Hardcore mode S&D <3)
The last campaign I loved was Black Ops 1

Considering this, should this game tickle my fancy or not? I haven't enjoyed the direction of CoD lately...

Portugeezer

COD usually has a lot of maps, when I read 13 maps I thought it was little; usually it is about 15 - 16 maps, but not a huge difference. Hope that Atlas Gorge map becomes available for everyone at some point (for free).

Top Bottom