• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Coketruck

So other than no Ground War and the obvious graphics and frame rate differences, are there any other major differences between the 360 and XB1 versions?

Jarrod38

Still trying to decide on picking this up for PS4 or Xbox One. Is the resolution better on PS4? COD has always resonated with Xbox for me, but if it runs and looks better on PS4, well then PS4 it is.
Of course it looks better on ths PS4. The better question is which version your friends are buying.

I was talking about Ghosts on ps4, I assumed AW would be the same.

Why on earth would they reduce the player count on this? makes no damn sense urgh :/
Yeah, I have no idea :/ 18 player infected is fun, maybe they'll update that playlist sometime in the future to allow 18.

CozMick

Banned
So other than no Ground War and the obvious graphics and frame rate differences, are there any other major differences between the 360 and XB1 versions?

You just stated everything that is better on all games released for current gen lol.

Its exactly the same gameplay wise.

Coketruck

You just stated everything that is better on all games released for current gen lol.

Its exactly the same gameplay wise.

Cool, thanks. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any drastic differences, because I'm going with the 360 version (not planning on picking up a new console until next year).

CozMick

Banned
Cool, thanks. I just wanted to make sure there weren't any drastic differences, because I'm going with the 360 version (not planning on picking up a new console until next year).

Like you said, apart from visuals and possibly a more consistent framerate you will have nothing to worry about.

Enjoy! :)

hydruxo

So do I have to preorder to get the Day Zero edition or can I just go to Best Buy or Gamestop and pick this up on Monday?

When you guys buy games from the US store how do you play them with your EU account?

I tried downloading a free app and I can only use it with the US account.

Just the shitty apps are region locked/account bound. With games you won't have a problem like 98% of your purchases. That 2% will come mostly of a Japanese game, they love that archaic way (still) of region locking shit and the shitty apps(like the music video app).

Gaz_RB

It's still there for you bruh on PC.

Play almost every week myself and the community is alive and well.

No way? I heard it was hacker infested or something. I might just have to check it out. I guess holding out for a Remaster is getting more and more hopeless....

JP

Aaaahhh!!!

Really don't know whether to get this or not, I do enjoy them but I'm not what you'd call a major fan like many other people are. The issue is that in the next couple of weeks there's GTA V (definite) , Far Cry 4 (definite), Dragon Age (maybe) and AC Unity (maybe) too. The problem is me being an idiot and you know, fourteen hours vs GTA V and Far Cry 4 which I'll probably enjoy more than this. Fourteen hours damn it, FOURTEEN HOURS!!!! :(

Respawn

Banned
Such a beautiful OT. Amazon already shipped my disc. Going to be interesting stuff this week checking out this era of COD.

Just bought the Digital Pro edition on PSN.
Surprisingly, it looks like it's unlocked at midnight local time (GMT+1).
That's 8 hours (and 5 minutes) from now.

Off soon to watch a footy match with some friends, grabbing a bite and a few beers afterwards, then it's back home and totally ruin a good nights sleep playing CoD.

It's really enjoyable actually. I don't normally like COD campaigns, but I played this through in one sitting. Was probably 5 or 6 hours. I'm not too sure as I was on gaf between levels.
So, is it more of the same CoD campaign or are there significant changes? Do you use the jetpack a lot more and does the level design take account of that? Or are you still stop and pop behind cover for most combat scenarios?

Hip Hop

No way? I heard it was hacker infested or something. I might just have to check it out. I guess holding out for a Remaster is getting more and more hopeless....

There are some hackers, but unlike the console versions, there are admins that get rid of them quickly. There are quite a few good servers to choose from.

Just bought the Digital Pro edition on PSN.
Surprisingly, it looks like it's unlocked at midnight local time (GMT+1).
That's 8 hours (and 5 minutes) from now.

Off soon to watch a footy match with some friends, grabbing a bite and a few beers afterwards, then it's back home and totally ruin a good nights sleep playing CoD.

pretty much my plans lol

BokehKing

Banned
I'm somewhat torn on should I get it on the x1, early dlc, or ps4, larger user base and just looks better

More importantly, do I take off of work tomorrow

For consoles which one is expected to be the most populated, having both consoles I don't want to buy both games and my friends are evenly split on both.

soxxx

Banned
It looks like COD is back, this game looks legit.

Ghosts hurt the COD brand so they had to earn it again, and it appears they might have to a degree (not going as far to say its MW2 but let me get my hands on it to decide).

I hope it's in there. If not then I am going to have to try to learn the 'claw' method.

The-Claw.png
Oh god that looks dreadful. It's been really tough to get a straight on this. Can someone with a console version of the game quickly browse through the control options and see if there are any control schemes where jump is assigned to the left bumper or equivalent?

Top Bottom