• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Realyn

System Hack. Screw that. Aiming and tracking a moving target and it pops up and now I can't see my target because a massive graphic is in the middle of the screen.

Like fine disable my HUD, put glitch effects on the screen but not over my crosshairs.

Grats, you just figured out the point of that killstreak ... Jeez christ at some complains.

The Beard

I don't really see the point of Cloak, it is as easily spotted as in Crysis 3 and Titanfall, and you don't have Titans to fool with Cloak, why bother using it?

I was using it quite a bit, and it does seem to work, in that it can buy you a fraction of a second to get that first shot off. Now I've opted to take an extra perk instead of using exo and nades.

kanuuna

System Hack. Screw that. Aiming and tracking a moving target and it pops up and now I can't see my target because a massive graphic is in the middle of the screen.

Like fine disable my HUD, put glitch effects on the screen but not over my crosshairs.

There's a perk for that.

Exo Ping and Shield seem to be the only remotely useful Exo Abilities.

It's like they wanted to add variety to the Call of Duty formula until Activision saw it and lost their shit that the game was at all different from the previous entries.

Not true, overclock is also great, especially with the overcharge perk. It lasts like 30 seconds with it and your movement speed nearly doubles.

Giggzy

Although I suck at CoD and prefer the slower gameplay of BF (and soon MCC!), I'm actually really enjoying this game. My first CoD since BLOPS1. I'm surprised by this opinion of mine!

I'm glad killstreaks are not OP, moving in the exo suit is really fun, and I love all the customization!

Keasar

I miss proper server lists on PC, been waiting for 30 minutes for a game to start. Between lobbies trying to fill up, being constantly kicked out for loosing connection, games not starting even though the lobby is full.

Just let me join a game that is going on and play.

Freki

What the fuck is wrong with these fucking Servers?
It's not like they have to put up with the load of running fucking dedicated servers.
I wasn't able to finish ONE SINGLE FUCKING MAP the whole evening. And now I can't connect again... Fuck this shit...

/end rant

p.s. I play on PC

rSpooky

I did not see an answer on this so trying again.
Does it have splitscreen liek the old ones. where I can have a guest play MP with me online? Or any splitscreen at all?

I thought the weapon camo stat's will carry over into prestige? I unlock 3 for AK and those stayed on, but the ones I didn't finish were erased. I figure the stats will carry over.

oh well

I did not see an answer on this so trying again.
Does it have splitscreen liek the old ones. where I can have a guest play MP with me online? Or any splitscreen at all?

I'm almost 100% positive it has splitscreen for MP features. I remember seeing a screen where it was asking for another controller.

THRILLH0

Banned
Cømet;137650810 said:
So, guys, I've come for the sage advice of those who know.

How is this year's CoD? I thoroughly enjoyed MW1&2, BO1 for the most part, but thought BO2 had the best online of any CoD I've played to date. Last year I got Ghosts and it burned me pretty bad, so I said I wouldn't buy it anymore. But I hear murmurings that this one is actually pretty good.

What say you? Is it good, and in your opinion why? Is the map selection good?

Sell me! I have no trust for review sites or any of that tribe, I trust the honest reviews of those who play it themselves.

Is this a serious post? There are 60 pages of impressions in this thread.

rSpooky

I'm almost 100% positive it has splitscreen for MP features. I remember seeing a screen where it was asking for another controller.

That would be cool , and probably what pushes me over the hump and get it , so I can play it with my daughter. Really been a BF convert for so long, but that splitscreen ability is so nice to have :) and it also sounds this is a good COD game ..so perhaps time to jump back in ( before unity and DA:O are coming at least hehe.

StillEdge

I don't know if this has been discussed at all or asked, but does anyone know if the day zero cover is actually rare/limited? Yesterday at work I only shipped out the normal game (not day zero cover) and then I was still shipping day one Sunset Overdrive. I was going to trade it in and go digital since I paid less than what they offer but I don't really want to if it's actually a limited casing.

Alienous

That would be cool , and probably what pushes me over the hump and get it , so I can play it with my daughter. Really been a BF convert for so long, but that splitscreen ability is so nice to have :) and it also sounds this is a good COD game ..so perhaps time to jump back in ( before unity and DA:O are coming at least hehe.

I can speak for the PS4 version, but I also believe this is the case on Xbox One and last-gen.

There is split-screen, but it is limited to 2 players. Performance on PS4 is pretty good. You can play online, and the second player can have access to their own online account, and earn XP/weapons/perks/killstreaks etc. like they would if they were playing alone. You can also play 'Survival', a wave based CO-OP mode, during a split-screen session (you can even go online and join with other players too). Finally you can also split-screen locally, and play custom matches involving just the split-screen'ing players, or you can add bots to the mix too.

Split-screen is quite robust.

rSpooky

I can speak for the PS4 version, but I also believe this is the case on Xbox One and last-gen.

There is split-screen, but it is limited to 2 players. Performance on PS4 is pretty good. You can play online, and the second player can have access to their own online account, and earn XP/weapons/perks/killstreaks etc. like they would if they were playing alone. You can also play 'Survival', a wave based CO-OP mode, during a split-screen session (you can even go online and join with other players too). Finally you can also split-screen locally, and play custom matches involving just the split-screen'ing players, or you can add bots to the mix too.

Split-screen is quite robust.

Thanks , sounds great. Can the other player play online as guest as well? Not sure I am ready pay for another useraccount :)

J-Rzez

I'd say the best way to improve them is go back to MW.

FUCK MW2 and nukes.

I'd take mw2 even. But yes the kill streaks absolutely suck ass. Like really blows. In retrospective, the kill streaks suck so hard I just have uav equipped, the guns suck, and the performance of lag/hit detection is a joke.

I would take an optimized, dedicated server, updated visually mw1 remake in a heartbeat. If it's anything like how this series turned out after mw2 even, forget it.

You hear that kotick? Free money just about.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The game is totally fucked on PC, for over 2 hours now they've had server issues, I haven't been able to complete a match in so long, I just keep getting kicked mid round. It's so hard to like this game, it really is. With all the lag, lag comp and now flat out disconnections it's testing my patience like no other CoD.

I just finished the campaing. The length was fine imo. And on veteran it's a nice challenge but not über-hard.

Enjoyable campaign.

Now back to sucking ass in mp..

Well after plenty of fiddling and some disastrous experimenting I've found a class that's constantly working for me each game. After really struggling to maintain a 1.0 K/D I had a run of 10 or so games going 1.5 or over...or maybe all the noobs were on.

Anyway, this is my new go-to class:

Akimbo SAC3's w/ Laser & Suppressor;

Lightweight + Lowprofile;

Gung Ho + Peripherals;

Blast Surpressor + Scavenger; &

UAV w/ Threat Detection.

Combined with reducing Exo Boosting significantly, avoiding jumping when not needed and sliding more this game has become a lot more rewarding and a heap more fun.

I've noticed a lot of people say this game has removed all the skill with people just bouncing around and getting lucky but I'm finding the absolute opposite. Play smart, play fast and find what works for you and you will win more of those 50-50 battles and won't put yourself in those vulnerable and open areas to be slaughtered always expect someone around the next corner or right near you when you spawn.

The game certainly isn't perfect and needs it's fixes but I'm really enjoying it.

How many hours is the campaign? I'm trying to knock it out soon but I enjoy MP too much.
Didn't count. On veteran you'll have to do some sections again but the game is very generous in checkpoints. Personally i think it was the right length for a game like this.
I think normal would be easy and you will rush through the game. Levels never will be memorable when the game is too easy.

LtOrange

Didn't count. On veteran you'll have to do some sections again but the game is very generous in checkpoints. Personally i think it was the right length for a game like this.
I think normal would be easy and you will rush through the game. Levels never will be memorable when the game is too easy.

I was thinking about starting Veteran tonight. Good to hear that it isn't too crazy.

How many hours is the campaign? I'm trying to knock it out soon but I enjoy MP too much.

I too wasn't counting but it seemed to be right in line with the average Call of Duty campaign length of about 6 hours. I'd say it's between 6 and 8 hours depending on what difficulty you are on. It felt just right.

Well after plenty of fiddling and some disastrous experimenting I've found a class that's constantly working for me each game. After really struggling to maintain a 1.0 K/D I had a run of 10 or do games going 1.5 or over...or maybe all the noobs were on.

Anyway, this is my new go-to class:

Akimbo SAC3's w/ Laser & Suppressor;

Lightweight + Lowprofile;

Gung Ho + Peripherals;

Blast Surpressor + Scavenger; &

UAV w/ Threat Detection.

I'm hearing quite a few people say SAC3's are one of if not the best gun in the game. I get it next level, interested to try it out (will probably copy your loudout- yoink!).

I really want to play MP but I simply can't find a game without horrible lag, no matter what game mode I try! It's so frustrating because I want to be play bad but can suffer through all the lag for more than 2-3 games.

BokehKing

Banned
Yeah, the Scorestreaks seem really nerfed...

good, its the way it should be, you should be getting your kills not OP killstreaks

No one has fun when they have to hide in a building during a scorestreak

Back in COD4....Chopper comes out, get on a mounted gun or break out the LMG and shoot it down...if not, hide in a building

But then MW2 came out with ridiculous killstreaks, where it didn't even matter if you took cover because the splash damage went through walls and roofs...f that...they been needing to scale it back.

I would be happy with 3,5,7 again and that it

UAV / Airstrike / Chopper

its all you need

Alienous

Played through it on Veteran for my first playthrough. I started it at 10:00 in the morning and finished it at 2:50 in the afternoon.

It's not a long, or even very hard, campaign.

Pop

I'm finding it really hard to keep a 2 k/d ratio or above.

Spawns at times seem good then other times they spawn behind you. Maybe it's the speed and the ease everyone has to reach heights quickly. I like the mp, first one since the black ops series.

ak1276

Banned
good, its the way it should be, you should be getting your kills not OP killstreaks

No one has fun when they have to hide in a building during a scorestreak

Back in COD4....Chopper comes out, get on a mounted gun or break out the LMG and shoot it down...if not, hide in a building

But then MW2 came out with ridiculous killstreaks, where it didn't even matter if you took cover because the splash damage went through walls and roofs...f that...they been needing to scale it back.

I would be happy with 3,5,7 again and that it

UAV / Airstrike / Chopper

its all you need
All of this.

H4r4kiri

Yes We all agree here. CoD: MW 1 ist the best CoD ever made and the Multiplayer was a blast.

That in 1080p and 60 fps and I will pay 100 €. It is just a moneymaker.

Jaeger

Yea, I'm having the same server issues. Half the time I get kicked out for losing connections.

Anyone know how to unlock the Sentinel Operator and Recon helmets?

Toa TAK

Banned
Yes We all agree here. CoD: MW 1 ist the best CoD ever made and the Multiplayer was a blast.

That in 1080p and 60 fps and I will pay 100 €. It is just a moneymaker.

I can easily see this down the road being a small downloadable arcade title in the future. Akin to how MW2's collector edition came with the original COD.

RS4-

Damn, had a nice helmet. Didn't realize the damn thing expired, thought it was tied to the headshots challenge.

Probably picking this up tonight. Question: Is there a difference between Day Zero edition and "normal" editions? Will I have trouble finding a DZ edition at Best Buy?

Top Bottom