• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

H4r4kiri

I can easily see this down the road being a small downloadable arcade title in the future. Akin to how MW2's collector edition came with the original COD.

I wish.. I wish..

I dont know why a Indie Studio don't try to make a good PVP 5on5 shooter without Aimassist and Perks and stuff. Just nice gunyplay and search and Destroy. That would be a moneymaker. :(

The Beard

Can we sign a petition to end system hack?? It's the most annoying perk /idea of all time. Please

Honestly it doesn't even bother me. The X is on your screen for like 2 seconds, then the edges of the screen get a little fuzzy for like 10 seconds. I still get kills when it's running.

You're not the first person I've seen or heard that hates System Hack though. Maybe I should start using it. Lol

Duxxy3

good, its the way it should be, you should be getting your kills not OP killstreaks

No one has fun when they have to hide in a building during a scorestreak

Back in COD4....Chopper comes out, get on a mounted gun or break out the LMG and shoot it down...if not, hide in a building

But then MW2 came out with ridiculous killstreaks, where it didn't even matter if you took cover because the splash damage went through walls and roofs...f that...they been needing to scale it back.

I would be happy with 3,5,7 again and that it

UAV / Airstrike / Chopper

its all you need

If someone had access to the old 3/5/7 streaks they would dominate in this game. Right now I only run UAV with threat detection. Missile strike takes too many kills and is slow, bombing run kills your own team, and the remote control aerials all suck.

It's a good thing that long streaks are nearly impossible, because the reward for those streaks is just so low.

RS4-

I don't mind the kill streaks at all either. I'd rather have this than the shit that plagued the series the past few games.

Honestly it doesn't even bother me. The X is on your screen for like 2 seconds, then the edges of the screen get a little fuzzy for like 10 seconds. I still get kills when it's running.

You're not the first person I've seen or heard that hates System Hack though. Maybe I should start using it. Lol

The only thing I don't like about it is that it's loud as fuck when it goes off. It freaks me out Everytime lol. There's a perk that makes you immune so it's not so bad.

BokehKing

Banned
Only 13 people in Xbox One COD clan, join if you want extra calling cards I guess, use the app, sign in with your gamer tag, apply

Toa TAK

Banned
Played through it on Veteran for my first playthrough. I started it at 10:00 in the morning and finished it at 2:50 in the afternoon.

It's not a long, or even very hard, campaign.

I need to give Veteran a go. I do it for all the games (except Ghosts, oh God is that campaign dull).

Hugstable

Banned
How many campaign missions are? I think i'm on 10 or something,

15 missions, the last third of the game goes by pretty quick though, Mission 13,14 and 15 are all pretty short. 14 is interesting in what they make you do, and after the beginning portion of Mission 13, the mission can be finished in like 5 minutes lol.

I feel like I am betraying my PC each time I start a mutliplayer game with a controller plugged in. I'm using my PS3 via a USB cable and a program running in the background. Sometimes it works. Most of the times it work. Today it blue screened me. I should just get the wired 360 controller that's on clearance at my best buy.

Other than that, I am really liking this game. Is there a GAF clan on steam? I had a lot of fun as part of the GAF clan back in my MW3 days.

Scorestreaks are definitely pointless. And while I'm okay with that, I do wish some like the predator missile actually worked like the predator missile in MW2.

I am curious how it will play when you start buffing your scorestreaks and combining it with hardline. Seems like the buffs are really expensive and it's really difficult to keep your scorestreak going.

I enjoy how loadouts have evolved to the pick 13 system, with wildcards, scorestreak mods, and all that.

Exo abilities aren't as good as I'd hope they would be. I wish they weren't. I wish you could use exo abilities regularly and that they spiced up the encounters in this game.

Hugstable

Banned
I feel like I am betraying my PC each time I start a mutliplayer game with a controller plugged in. I'm using my PS3 via a USB cable and a program running in the background. Sometimes it works. Most of the times it work. Today it blue screened me. I should just get the wired 360 controller that's on clearance at my best buy.

Other than that, I am really liking this game. Is there a GAF clan on steam? I had a lot of fun as part of the GAF clan back in my MW3 days.

I ended up with AW on my PS4 even though I have a very capable PC (GTX 770), but there is just something about the COD series and how it plays that I feel I need to play it with a controller, like it was more made for a controller. And since playing with a controller would put me at a disadvantage, I just ended up buying the PS4 version haha.

RedAssedApe

Banned
killstreaks got a pretty big nerf in terms of effectiveness and how many points you need to get them. it wouldnt be as bad if you didn't die as fast. this is good or bad depending on who you ask. personally i think its fine but some people just want to be able to murder shit if they get one of these.

also the supply drops are funny. sometimes i'll get that free care package at 6 minute mark. people dying so fast and the match ends so quickly that either game is over before i get the chance or i get it right near the end of the game with seconds left and its not really helpful.

Scorestreaks are definitely pointless. And while I'm okay with that, I do wish some like the predator missile actually worked like the predator missile in MW2.

I am curious how it will play when you start buffing your scorestreaks and combining it with hardline. Seems like the buffs are really expensive and it's really difficult to keep your scorestreak going.

I enjoy how loadouts have evolved to the pick 13 system, with wildcards, scorestreak mods, and all that.

Exo abilities aren't as good as I'd hope they would be. I wish they weren't. I wish you could use exo abilities regularly and that they spiced up the encounters in this game.

I wish there was some cool down in there. You know...reward the players who are able to stay alive and keep an actual streak going. But I guess they figured people are dying so quickly that they are just going to get it back anyways. :\

Well I got this in the mail from Gamefly...and that sessions was actually pretty good. Didn't feel like I was getting fucked by lag and no host migrations.

It's pretty hard to get used to how fast everything is moving, enemies are on the other side of the map in 5 seconds. But the exo movements are actually fun to use, and you can creatively get out of bad situations with it and it's pretty satisfying when you pull those moves off.

Gorillaz

Yea the way killstreaks are handled here are very interesting, almost pointless imo and for the most part with how easily you can be flanked, getting constant high KS is going to be a challenge. I'm curious to see the communities opinion on this.

In a game where movement and routes are more then just "run through this door, down this hallway" UAV honestly feels the most important streak out there.

Toa TAK

Banned
I don't bother with Killstreaks at all. I don't equip them as being a run-n-gunner is how I roll. And that playstyle is prone to dying.

alterno69

Banned
I manage to score 7-8 kills killstreaks often and i don't get a single kill from those most of the time, in past games i would probably get 2-3 extra kills from those.

I'm ok with it tho, sentry guns are pretty useless. The fact that you get only 25points from kilstreak rewards kills is reslly telling

From my experience two best scorestreak load outs are:

uav(+xp), system hack (+xp), assault drone (rockets and hud)

orbital care package (support, better odds, double roll)

Assault drone with rockets is a ridiculously good. Rockets have large kill radius, double kills are easy to get. For the extra 50 the hud is worth it just to point your drone in the right direction.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Whelp, I grabbed it off GreenMan for $49. I haven't played a Call of Duty since original Black Ops, so I'll definitely be in for a surprise. Any word on dedicated servers yet?

Toa TAK

Banned
Can I just say how happy I am that AW has classic playlists?

Don't get me wrong, I love the main game. But it's also great to have these playlists, too, as I'm having a blast on them as well.

Gorillaz

Can I just say how happy I am that AW has classic playlists?

Don't get me wrong, I love the main game. But it's also great to have these playlists, too, as I'm having a blast on them as well.

yea I liked it being there, I feel/hope the playlist stays populated. I think it will because people might want to switch back to normal after awhile

Toa TAK

Banned
yea I liked it being there, I feel/hope the playlist stays populated. I think it will because people might want to switch back to normal after awhile

Nah, I think it will be good. It still plays great, and I personally like to jump between Classic Domination/Kill Confirmed to Ground War. I'm sure others do, too.

Rocketz

I wish the loot system didn't hate me. I've recived multiple versions of the same item a few times. Worst part, it's something I hate and will never wear.

Amazingly, that initial multiplayer reveal trailer wasn't lying. Multiple times I've jumped and angled to survive shoots and kill 2-3 players in a succession of pure mobility momentum.

Excellent. Thank you. Any info on the Operator helmet?
No sorry, I have seen people with it that weren't Prestige though so probably a random drop.

I wish the loot system didn't hate me. I've recived multiple versions of the same item a few times. Worst part, it's something I hate and will never wear.

I just want something other than pants, I have gotten about 20 pants to 1 of everything else.
Just please give me a shirt or vest to match any one of my pants.

RedAssedApe

Banned
i pretty much drop my second and third kill streaks and just run uav. it just takes too long to get some of the other killstreaks. not to mention its way harder to stay alive in this game due to there being so many directions you can be attacked from.

taking a breather with your back to a wall? nope...someone will boost jump over and shoot you in the head lol

also drop my secondary and run with only one exo grenade. find it more helpful to invest those picks into extra perks or gun attachments.

Ilive1up

haven't played a COD in a few years but picked up this one.

went straight into multiplayer and goddamn it's different. it's even faster and that double jump exo suit changes everything.

H4r4kiri

I made a private Match with following adjustments ( Search & Destroy)

Perks: off
Primarys: Shotguns, Heavys, Special off
Attachment: only red dot, acog, dual mag, ex mag
Secondary: RM, Specials off
Streaks: Off
Exoability: off
Grenades: only Frag, Stun, Smoke

HEALTH : 130%

It was the most Fun I had with that game. Nobody will play lie it though. So I gonna sell my Day One edition with Codes the next week I guess :)

The Beard

Goliath is a strong killstreak. I've seen Bomb Run take out 5 of my guys on 2 seperate occasions.

They're not like streaks of the past where you'd get 7-10 kills per chopper, but they aren't as bad as some are making them out to be.

Top Bottom