• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Ilive1up

is there no mercenary deathmatch?

i've lost like 10 matches in a row, i'd rather just play with complete randoms then get teamed up against a squad that actually works together.

therapist

the extremely strange mouse accel on pc is making me hate this game.

happens a lot when boosting where it seems to boost my sensitivity to 2x for 1 sec or two , resulting in my staring at a wall instead of an enemy.

Really frustrating in a battle.

Found a few "fixes" online im going to test when im home later.

BokehKing

Banned
the lag on xbox 1 makes the game looks like its playing at 10fps

wtf....I thought we had the power of the cloud and crap...this is really annoying...really frustrating....what happened to our dedicated servers?

RedAssedApe

Banned
is there no mercenary deathmatch?

i've lost like 10 matches in a row, i'd rather just play with complete randoms then get teamed up against a squad that actually works together.

i dont think there are any game modes where you can decide if parties are allowed or not. maybe try ground war. probably less likely to be large squads in that? maybe...

I have just about had it with this damn game,
Way more BS than Ghosts even.

Respawn is unplayable, Classic SnD is empty and regular is just a MORS(which basically headshots anyone even slightly inside the scope) fest.
Get behind cover, nope killcam shows you standing way out in the open for some reason.
See someone's head barely sticking out of cover? Ha he was completely out and blasting you the entire time.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Meh, shortest honeymoon ever for a COD game. The mechanics are solid, the game is definitely refreshing but...

- Its a clusterfuck. Spawning is everywhere, all messed up, etc.
- The Exo Abilities are beyond useless.
- The new movement options are amazing, but the short life the player has doesn't help much. They need to up the health up 50% to make it more useful.
- And finally. The netcode. The fucking netcode. So far, worst in the series. I've written about it so many times but same shit just happens. This really needs dedicated servers or upgrades to the netcode and lag compensation.

On the plus side the campaign is amazing, the gameplay changes are welcome, the graphics are finally next gen, Kevin Spacey rocked it, and the music is surprisingly good.

the lag on xbox 1 makes the game looks like its playing at 10fps

wtf....I thought we had the power of the cloud and crap...this is really annoying...really frustrating....what happened to our dedicated servers?
Wait, really? That sucks bro. :(
I haven't had any noticeable lag.

Has anyone played split screen? When me and my brother play it, the game's sound is DUPLICATED. Like, when the announcer says, "Enemy team has B", the sound is played twice at the same time. I checked ghosts and it doesn't do that. Anyone else have this issue?

Daximuss

It's such a shame that this game does not have dedicated servers. I love the maps, the weapons, the graphics, but I fear I'm nearing the point of no return with the peer to peer multiplayer. Why in the hell would Sledgehammer and Activision not have dedicated servers on launch?!

Toa TAK

Banned
It's such a shame that this game does not have dedicated servers. I love the maps, the weapons, the graphics, but I fear I'm nearing the point of no return with the peer to peer multiplayer. Why in the hell would Sledgehammer and Activision not have dedicated servers on launch?!

Activision knows that most of the world don't care about it either way.

Which is a fucking bummer.

Big Chungus

Tried making vegeta, missing some outlines and his hair got cut off.

xev6P8O.jpg

Rewind

I can't even find a game on the PC version for any game mode, probably because I live in Alaska, needs dedicated servers badly.

I really wish they'd implement respawn timers into normal deathmatch.

I want to play more of this but I really want:

-useful exo abilities
-higher TTK
-Dedicated servers (which may address some TTK issues where I feel like I die too fast, yet put more bullets into the enemy)
-better respawning that feels more like COD4 (or respawn timers)

I only see dedicated servers being added out of all that.

Also, possibly a buff to lower end scorestreaks, maybe reducing the cost of the streak mods? They just feel really bad and poorly distributed.

Black Ops had fantastic killstreaks, in my opinion, and showed that you don't have to do crazy stupid things like in MW2 to have a good balance that felt fair

Jesb

Would you guys recommend the PC version if you plan on playing with a controller? I'm asking because I plan to play it online but maybe on PC I'll be getting my ass kicked since everyone mostly will be on m/kb. Should I opt for the PS4 version because of this instead?

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Also, possibly a buff to lower end scorestreaks, maybe reducing the cost of the streak mods? They just feel really bad and poorly distributed.

Black Ops had fantastic killstreaks, in my opinion, and showed that you don't have to do crazy stupid things like in MW2 to have a good balance that felt fair

Netcode aside, this is the biggest bummer. Objective game modes should be giving you 100 per kill, plus acting upon the objectives multiplies it greatly like BO2. It's already the lowest kill game in COD history past COD4, and being penalized in modes outside of TDM on top of killstreaks costing way too much just sucks the fun out of the one feature that made COD crazy popular.

If they wanted to really balance out Killstreaks, heavily reward players for destroying higher end killstreaks. Kill a UAV? That's 50 points. Kill a helicopter, that's 100 points. Kill something huge like a Chopper Gunner, get 200. Incentives to be proactive. I don't buy the, 'We don't want people looking into the sky to blow stuff up.' mentality. There's a legit group of people that get crazy satisfaction out of destroying someones hard work with flyswatting.

Duxxy3

I have a confession to make...

I loved
flyswatting
in MW3. But back then you had to choose a secondary. That's something I wish they didn't make optional, I liked running around with a stinger.

ref

What's the name of the PS4 Clan? Trying to find it on the app.

In case someone is doing invites:

PSN: Callmeref

Thanks!

This fucking game. For every 9 times the games shit tickrate somehow decides to piss all over me, with its wonky ass hit detection and shitty P2P network...

I get one occurrence where I get 2-3 kills in a row where I basically do that dive kick ground pound thing and it registers as a headshot.

It's Call of Duty's bullshit with instances of greatness

Sushen

I wish there is a mode with no exo-abilities. Overall, I can't get used to the crazy fast moves. Probably, it's a dream come true for those rushers with mad reflex, but for the rest of us is an uncontrollable mess.

Why isn't there ricochet in HC? You can't even get kicked out after 3 team kills, right? Ruins any streak you may be on.

Why isn't War in HC? Or better yet, why isn't there a classic hardcore playlist?

How come I can't back out of a lobby right away when a game is done? It's stupid I need to wait a few seconds until I'm allowed to. This is also annoying when, by accident, I choose the wrong game mode and it throws me right into a match without even giving me a chance to back out.

I had a glitch earlier today where there was a host migration and when it was done, I couldn't spawn anymore and was stuck spectating.

There are times where I get stuck trying to find a match. My character disappears and it just says "trying to find 7 other players" but it never does. I have to back out to the main menu then go back into multiplayer for it to work.

I'm a huge COD fan and I can appreciate what they've done with this game but I'm annoyed with some of the decisions. I have faith things will get better so I'm not too worried.

The exo movements are a welcome addition but I feel like I enjoy the classic playlist more. That's probably where I'll spend most of my time. Either that or hardcore.

EL CUCO

I wish there is a mode with no exo-abilities. Overall, I can't get used to the crazy fast moves. Probably, it's a dream come true for those rushers with mad reflex, but for the rest of us is an uncontrollable mess.

I thought Activision/SHG confirmed there would be a classic COD game type.
According to Sledgehammer Games co-founders Glen Schofield and Michael Condrey, Call of Duty fans who aren’t to keen on Advanced Warfare’s new exoskeleton-powered gameplay will still have something to look forward to when it launches this November.
http://mp1st.com/2014/08/17/traditi...w-players-play-without-exo-suit/#.VFwq1Iko7qB

BokehKing

Banned
I would love to exchange my exo slot for a specialty grenade slot like stun or smoke, but whatever... Guess that's a free extra point spot for me
It's no 'pick 10'
But way better than the mess Ghost had, Pick 100

The Classic playlist has no Exo's.

I thought Activision/SHG confirmed there would be a classic COD game type.
http://mp1st.com/2014/08/17/traditi...w-players-play-without-exo-suit/#.VFwq1Iko7qB
There is, its the "Classic" playlist.

Classic SnD is great but I haven't been able to get a full game all day.

Top Bottom