• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Nov 4th) [Up: Info]

Effect

In this thread I learned that many people love the single player in COD games. That's a new one to me. To each his own. At first I thought the one poster was joking, but nope. Many people love it.

It shouldn't be that hard to understand I feel. Look at the numbers Call of Duty sells. Then look at how active the multiplayer can be. The numbers simply don't add up. There are a TON of people out there that buy the games for the single player, might be dable with the multiplayer here and there or not at all. Activision clearly sees this. That's why so much goes into the single player year after year and they actually treated it serious and don't just crap it out. Or at least try not to.

Other wise they would have dropped it or not give a damn about it like EA. It can be argued that is why Battlefield has not put been able to toppled Call of Duty regardless of what EA has done. Why Titan Fall seems to have fallen off. I don't see people talking about it anymore.

so1337

tomco_spacey_721807.gif
ibpzKaJdrBYLwj.gif

cakely

I like Kevin Spacey.

But, I'm fairly amazed that COD immediately ripped off Titanfall Parkour. I guess they really thought it would be the new hot thing?

And, sorry, but that suit just reminds me of this:

gijoe2.jpg

G.I. Joe "Accelerator Suit". Lovely.

I honestly would be surprised if they even bothered with a WiiU version.

Right now it's confirmed for PC, PS3, PS4, XB360, XB1.
It is Activision, not EA. If the game are on 360 and PS3, you can wait for Wii U version too. the new Skylander was recently announced on Wii U. So, the relations are OK.

Other wise they would have dropped it or not give a damn about it like EA. It can be argued that is why Battlefield has not put been able to toppled Call of Duty regardless of what EA has done. Why Titan Fall seems to have fallen off. I don't see people talking about it anymore.

To be fair, no one talks about any of these competitive multiplayer FPS games after they're released. There's not much to say. The only reason BF4 was talked about so much after its launch was because of how utterly broken it was. Other than that, no one cares. The Titanfall online community still seems to be very active so that speaks more to its popularity than posts on a message borad.

Grisby

That Spacey tech.
I buy them mainly for SP as well. They're fun and the spectacle is great.
A friend of mine buys them every year and let's me borrow them. To me it's a fun equivalent of a mediocre summer blockbuster, mindless but on some level entertaining.

x-Lundz-x

It is Activision, not EA. If the game are on 360 and PS3, you can wait for Wii U version too. the new Skylander was recently announced on Wii U. So, the relations are OK.

Skylanders and Call of Duty are on such different ends of the target audience spectrum it's not even funny. The WiiU is a kid friendly console, it's pretty obvious a game like Skylanders would be put on that platform.

Did you not see how pathetic the WiiU sales were of Call of Duty last year? It's not even worth their time.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
probably just me but it seems this is getting lukewarm reception unfairly simply because a) its cod, b) oh no "cross-gen" c) xbox one logo.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Looks like the version I found wasn't fully uploaded, I'm putting up a fixed version now.
Edit: Done, sorry about that.

Not necessarily. The audience for Skylanders is very different from the audience for Call of Duty...and previous Call of Duty titles have not done well on Wii U.

Skylanders and Call of Duty are on such different ends of the target audience spectrum it's not even funny. The WiiU is a kid friendly console, it's pretty obvious a game like Skylanders would be put on that platform.

Did you not see how pathetic the WiiU sales were of Call of Duty last year? It's not even worth their time.
Yup. Ghosts has around 700-800 players in mp at night right now on WiiU. It's a shame because Gamepad and Wiimote integration are so great.

Also, nice avatar :)

They only have to port the old gen version to Wii U. So i don't see the problem. And sales are sales for them. Its activision, they are not going to skip any platform. Thats for sure. And they know that the Wii U is going to have a big momentum with the release of MK8.

They only have to port the old gen version to Wii U. So i don't see the problem. And sales are sales for them. Its activision, they are not going to skip any platform. Thats for sure. And they know that the Wii U is going to have a big momentum with the release of MK8.

If "sales are sales," then why isn't Diablo 3 coming to Wii U? Oh right, because it's hardly going to sell anything.

a.wd

Don't give a single fuck about COD the game, but I would watch the fuck out of that movie. Throw in some aging blockbuster actors expendables style and we have ourself a popcorn flick.

Majanew

Banned
Don't give a single fuck about COD the game, but I would watch the fuck out of that movie. Throw in some aging blockbuster actors expendables style and we have ourself a popcorn flick.

But... it's a popcorn game! That's why I've played almost all of the COD games. Action-packed, cheesy campaigns!

sTaTIx

I like Kevin Spacey.

But, I'm fairly amazed that COD immediately ripped off Titanfall Parkour. I guess they really thought it would be the new hot thing?

Ironically, a month later, Titanfall ended up being mostly a flash in the pan. Or at least nowhere near where all the media and marketing hype pegged it to be at this point.

Oh well, if a MP designed for high mobility means less camping overall, then it could be a boon for online COD regardless.

Cornbread78

Around 50% of sold CoD copies never connect to the internet

If true that is crazy.. paying $60.00 for a 6 hour game, and not playing the games best feature (online) is tough to imagine.... What a waste. For all the hate CoD gets for it's online play, it's still a good game to jump online and play a few matches. I've actually found Party chate is a good way to zone out the random 10 years olds crying into the mics, screaming racial obsenities, or the random "online tough guy (huge e-pein) " trash talk that is rampant in CoD MP..

I have only played the campaigns of 1, 2 and 4 and a meager amount of multiplayer in 2 and 4.

Advanced Warfare has me interested, some parts of the trailer looked really cool. I realize the single player component is more of a joke nowadays but I hope they can make it as interesting as the ones I listed before.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Although I was sure that Ghosts was hitting the Wii U, I'm not sure about this title. That being said, if this come to the Wii U I will but it, won't otherwise. Is that simple.

Takao

Banned

Where's the Vita version of Ghosts and this game then? Black Ops Declassified likely outsold both Wii U CoDs combined too.

Twinduct

Ooo looks decent! Really wish the campaign is longer than the average COD stories. Although I imagine that's an empty hope :<

If "sales are sales," then why isn't Diablo 3 coming to Wii U? Oh right, because it's hardly going to sell anything.
I based my conclusion, by watching the Call of duty games released on Nintendo system in the past years. I don't see a reason to skip the Wii U now. And Diablo is a complete different story (Maybe more hardcore oriented game).

En-ou

so those helicopters are the main characters?

not that impressed. and why is it so difficult to render realistic looking human skin in most games? i cant wait for the day we get in-game models to act lively and not just puppet lip syncing.

last CoD game i was in love was was MW2. i havent touched BLOPs 2, MW3 or Ghosts. are they as good?

After Titanfall I want parkour and free movement in every FPS.

Going back to play BF4 and it feels like I'm a slug.

No hate from me for people copying what works.

FyreWulff

Where'd u get those numbers? Out of your ass?

No, from Activision. Halo has historically been even lower, around 20-30%.of copies ever going online. There's a reason the One had so much backlash from the always-online announcement. It's still retail suicide to be online-only with consoles.

Effect

What's sad is that's not too far off from the PC version numbers.

This is why CoD skipping the Wii U might not happen. I'm honestly not going to be looking forward to it due to how sales for the Wii U are unless Mario Kart 8 really turns things around. Sales and user base wise the Wii U and Wii before that weren't much different from the PC version I believe. It might be more cost effective to make the Wii U version over the PC version since you just have to optimize for a single, unchanging hardware platform.

T'Zariah

Banned
Game looks great.

Some of these posts though.

Some of you seriously suffer from CoD derangement syndrome. Fucking disgusting condescending posts.

Top Bottom