• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' trailer (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3, Nov 4th) [Up: Info]

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Just something I noticed in the trailer, not sure if its already been pointed out

Ijf4UAOl.jpg

Some quick googling tells me Lagos is the most populous city in Nigeria.

Tzeentch

'm just hoping this new weaponry -- which actually does exist in the world today...
Easiest ones to implement in-game would probably be field laser blinders (ZM-87 and friends), electrolasers (beam tasers), microwave area denial ("pain rays"), and some form of vehicle-mounted tactical laser (with suspiciously visible beam).

But I doubt that CoD directed energy weapons and real world systems have any deeper connection beyond a few buzzwords. The AW exoskeleton is certainly a cinematic interpretation of the HULC.

Yeah, it's weird wording. Vehicles in multiplayer for CoD seem like a touchy situation for some people.

Glen Schofield created Dead Space and Michael Condrey directed 007: Everything or Nothing and Dead Space 1. The creative director from the original Dead Space is also at Sledgehammer. After completing DS1 they left and formed Sledgehammer Games. Of course those games are very different from what CoD is, but it shows that they're fully capable of making really amazing campaigns.

I'm more interested in the Multiplayer, but seeing Kevin Spacey as the lead made me a bit interested in the campaign.

mreddie

I liked the setting of Black Ops 2 and the game was surprisingly good. Maybe the same will apply to this one. I just hope it's not linear as MW3. I skipped on Ghosts and looks like I made a smart choice.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm already starting to see ads for this before YouTube videos.

that's the first Call of Duty trailer I've watched since Call of Duty 3 or something like that (which game was Kiefer in again? It was that one).

..I'll be honest..I actually kind of want to play the single player, if only because surely someone as great as Kevin Spacey can make the SP worthwhile....even if it's just for a weekend.

Bluenova

Neo Member
The premise is pretty cool
Kevin spacey looks terrible to me in that shot.. uncanny valley for sure

best image that makes me interested
M9uMfyf.jpg

AU Tiger

Trailer looked sick.

give me a really solid story. I don't care if it's linear, just make it exciting and entertaining and the split gen graphics will be overlooked.

I just want the "bro content" to be at a minimum. give me a story that isn't dumbed down 'murica vs the terrorists without the typical COD cliche's.

Sledgehammer is making the next-gen versions.

Presumably High Moon is making the last-gen versions.

Yup, highly possible. We can definitely expect the true next gen call of duty from Treyarch next year, which will presumably be released only on new gen consoles PS4 & Xbox One and PC

hawk2025

This game is hitting all the right notes with me so far.

A new, fresh dev with plenty of talent, apparently new gameplay ideas to shake up the gameplay (both single and multi), and what may turn out to be a fresh approach to the story.

joecanada

009-noscale.jpg

TITANFALL

without titans :(

It said with vehicles like hoverbikes which is intriguing... Not to rain on anyone's parade but mechs are just tanks that look cool... In the real world mechs are not feasible due to balance and stuff but essentially they are just a machine you sit in to shoot stuff, like any war vehicle

watershed

Banned
Is that Kevin Spacey model suppose to be impressive? It reminds me of character models from the Mass Effect series with the same dead eyes thing going on and the same not quite human skin texture.

Korten

Banned
I was only making a joke. Sorry if it came off as assy-ness.

Eh, it's okay. Honestly I'm looking forward to bikes, if just for the fact that despite liking all the Call of Duty's... I hope stuff like this will change up the typical multiplayer. Also seems like a way to add vehicles without becoming too much like BF.

ChrisW

I will admit this is the first COD trailer that caught my attention, although I think I'm a BF player now. But my step son will likely pick this up so I'll play it

daman824

I really, really, reeeeally hope that you have as much health as you have in black ops 2 and not what you had in ghosts. Especially with the increased map complexity. You often died without even seeing a blood splatter. Small stuff like that discourages running and gunning (which is my playstyle). Also, please don't use the uav system from ghosts, go back to what it used to be like. And take i.m.s or anything like it away from the game. Craaazy range.

But the biggest thing is the health. I noticed right away that it was changed in mw3. And it was definitely changed back in blops2 before being reduced again (if not even further this time) in ghosts.

Alienous

So Kevin Spacey is the head of the Atlas PMC. But the player character and main visible protagonist also work for Atlas PMC. The bad guys.

That could be interesting.

HariKari

Every single CoD game has had an engine update of some kind.

Minor updates. The tracers are still right out of the 90s. It's just not a visually impressive game. It doesn't have to be, so long as the gameplay is good. But it's hard to not feel a sense of staleness about it all. It's also hard not to look at this game as a direct response to Titanfall.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If anyone wants to know the trailer music tracks from the trailer:

First half is audiomachine - "Draconian Dream"
Second half is Position Music - "Compelled"

daman824

Minor updates. The tracers are still right out of the 90s. It's just not a visually impressive game. It doesn't have to be, so long as the gameplay is good. But it's hard to not feel a sense of staleness about it all. It's also hard not to look at this game as a direct response to Titanfall.
It's a big step up. If you can't see it you're blind. Go watch a ghosts trailer again, and then watch this trailer.

ChrisW

I can really see lots of other games in this trailer;

The body suit thing looks like a helghast mixed with the body suit from the movie Elysium

The hover bikes look like the ones from chapter 8 I think of killzone

The climbing walls is obviously there way to try and capture some of the titanfall appeal

There's several other things too

SegaShack

Really.

Imitating cinema? No, not always.

Look at all the best trailers.

Halo 3 "Believe"
Gears "Madworld"
Mass Effect 2 Launch Trailer
Bioshock Andrew Ryan trailer
Halo ODST "We are ODST"
Modern Warfare 2 Infamy Trailer
The Witcher 3 "Monsters"
Deus Ex HR Cinematic Trailer
Uncharted 3 Announcement
Uncharted 2 "Fortune Favors"
The Last of Us Announcement Trailer
Halo 2 Announcement
Dead Island Announcement
Starcraft II Launch Trailer
Ground Zeroes Trailer

Etc etc etc etc..

Gameplay trailers are never the best ones that you watch over and over. Exception being Kojimas 12 minute long gameplay/story trailers.

Gameplay should be reserved for Bungie like viddocs, e3 walkthroughs, or video demonstration videos like Todd Howard's Oblivion Gameplay vids.

For me it is logical that when you have a game you use the game to impress others.

Just look at the reaction to:
Super Smash Bros Melee Reveal
Twilight Princess Reveal (2004)
Titanfall Reveal

When people saw the gameplay and were blown away by it, it was great. None of the cinematic stuff even compares to how positively people reacted to these. In fact I would say Twilight Princess tops them all.

Maybe it is just because I am old enough to remember a time when games were announced we would have gameplay footage (or screens), or gameplay footage cut up into a trailer, usually the former.

Since games are an interactive experience that you control, the story trailers show me nothing of what the game is like and how it plays.

Why is it crazy to expect to be shown a game when a game is announced?

Daffy Duck

I really, really, reeeeally hope that you have as much health as you have in black ops 2 and not what you had in ghosts. Especially with the increased map complexity. You often died without even seeing a blood splatter. Small stuff like that discourages running and gunning (which is my playstyle). Also, please don't use the uav system from ghosts, go back to what it used to be like. And take i.m.s or anything like it away from the game. Craaazy range.

But the biggest thing is the health. I noticed right away that it was changed in mw3. And it was definitely changed back in blops2 before being reduced again (if not even further this time) in ghosts.

It's not the health that changes it's the damage and time to kill of the weapons. Treyarch tend to make it so more bullets are needed to kill.

The trailer got me really hyped for the possibility of an engaging campaign, but I remain cautious about the multiplayer. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of what was shown off in this trailer are on rails sections in the campaign, and not available in multiplayer. I would love to be wrong though.

Top Bottom