• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: AW Zombies Trailer leaked

I don't think they would hold zombies back when it would make tons of people instantly preorder the game...fake or old and canned IMO.

I liked Black Ops II alright, but it did not add the kinds of new features and improved visuals that I am seeing here. Sorry, to each their own.
new features do not make a cod game good if the features don't make the experience better. I've received no indication that sledgehammer is good at designing maps and making a fun balanced multiplayer. In fact it looks pretty ridiculous overall to me. But I recognize there's an audience that just wants to see new shit regardless of what it is as long as it's different. And that's fair.

But not meeeee.

Meia

I dunno, I still think Black Ops 2 was one of the best games in the series. A lot of cries that various weapons were OP is kind of good balance, and the emblem editor was just great. Loved running around with a super meat boy emblem I took an hour or so to make. :D

But how the hell are we finding something new about the game when it's like 3 days away from release? That's just nuts. @_@

EL CUCO

p7D1ass.jpg

Pop

I liked Black Ops II alright, but it did not add the kinds of new features and improved visuals that I am seeing here. Sorry, to each their own.

Well of course visuals are improved, Treyarch just hasn't gotten the chance yet on current gen.

New features? Everyone with a jetpack is different I guess.

ironcreed

Banned
new features do not make a cod game good if the features don't make the experience better. I've received no indication that sledgehammer is good at designing maps and making a fun balanced multiplayer. In fact it looks pretty ridiculous overall to me. But I recognize there's an audience that just wants to see new shit regardless of what it is as long as it's different. And that's fair.

But not meeeee.

And that's cool, man. I just grew tired of the same old thing and wanted some new elements to make it feel fresh again. To me, it looks like good old COD gameplay mixed with something like Crysis or Halo and that is certainly not a bad combo in my book. Hell, even the campaign is something that they have supposedly taken more seriously this time. I just really like what I see.

Eh, who cares? AW looks better than anything Treyarch has done.

Pre-Black Ops = Agreed

Post-Black Ops = Hmm. Treyarch's Black Ops games are terrific. Right now I consider them the AAA team of Call of Duty.

That said, Sledgehammer is really bringing something new to the table with the series, so I'm very excited to see how AW turns out.

But how the hell are we finding something new about the game when it's like 3 days away from release? That's just nuts. @_@
Ghosts had the alien mode Extinction that wasn't announced and was only discovered when a guy leaked pictures of it a day or two ahead.

Duxxy3

And that's cool, man. I just grew tired of the same old thing and wanted some new elements to make it feel fresh again. To me, it looks like good old COD gameplay mixed with something like Crysis or Halo and that is certainly not a bad combo in my book. Hell, even the campaign is something that they have supposedly taken more seriously this time. I just really like what I see.

With the background of sledgehammer games, I would be shocked if the campaign isn't one of the best of the year.

Xater

I dunno, I still think Black Ops 2 was one of the best games in the series. A lot of cries that various weapons were OP is kind of good balance, and the emblem editor was just great. Loved running around with a super meat boy emblem I took an hour or so to make. :D

This is most likely this game's surprise after you finish the campaign.

That's fair. TBH I'm tired of it all too which is why I want treyarch to go back to world war 2 for their first next gen game :)

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Eh, who cares? AW looks better than anything Treyarch has done.

World at War, and Black Ops 1 are the best games in the franchise outside of MW1. I said it.

Black ops 1 in particular, had the best story in the whole goddamn franchise.

drotahorror

No CoD game on 360/ps3 really added any improved visuals. Like, MW2 looks nearly as good as Black Ops 2.

ironcreed

Banned
Well of course visuals are improved, Treyarch just hasn't gotten the chance yet on current gen.

New features? Everyone with a jetpack is different I guess.

It's an Exosuit that also allows for different maneuvers beyond jumping high. It's an exciting new element added to the already great gameplay and I applaud them doing something else with it beyond rehashing the same shit, but that's just me.

Vidpixel

Someone else mentioned it in the other thread, but I have a feeling they'll drop an official trailer for this tomorrow on Halloween. Either that, or it's just a special surprise wave in Exo Survival like that one achievement/trophy suggests.

MrDaravon

Extinction wasn't even announced until people that got the game early leaked it.

Normally I'd agree with this line of thinking, but I find it odd that if pre-orders are down as much as it keeps getting reported on that they wouldn't aggressively have this out there. I literally know 5+ people who have zero interest in this game that would go to immediate Day Zero purchases if this was known.

ironcreed

Banned
That's fair. TBH I'm tired of it all too which is why I want treyarch to go back to world war 2 for their first next gen game :)

That might be neat. I really just needed something new to pull me back in and might even be down for Treyarch's next effort if I end up liking this.

Pre rendered CGI = graphics? Did you seriously just say that?

This game's engine is legitmately capable of producing that stuff in real time. If you read the documentation on it, it is extremely capable.

The game maybe crap, but its engineers know what they are doing.

I'm still holding back my hype. Someone posted this earlier in another thread and I still think it's just the whole bonus round thing. It would be a shame if it wasn't it's own mode though, Zombies in exo suits.

Xater

Normally I'd agree with this line of thinking, but I find it odd that if pre-orders are down as much as it keeps getting reported on that they wouldn't aggressively have this out there. I literally know 5+ people who have zero interest in this game that would go to immediate Day Zero purchases if this was known.

It might not be a full fledged mode. Most likely just a single map thing like the original zombies. Otherwise they sure as hell would have advertised it.

Realyn

This game's engine is legitmately capable of producing that stuff in real time. If you read the documentation on it, it is extremely capable.

The game maybe crap, but its engineers know what they are doing.

I'm not doubting that the game will run great and look good, but to say that the grapics are crazy after such a trailer is a bit ... extreme.

bbdude

"QUICK! Grab my arm as I pull you up to where I am, then lock eyes with me as I lifelessly stare back and over-explain what is going on" - Every first-person trailer

Extinction wasn't even announced until people that got the game early leaked it.
Yeah but that was new and was found in similar vein to how people discovered original zombies. Naturally.

So they thought they'd try the same again I guess.

Zombies is established so I can't see them needing to repeat that, especially as it has quite a following.

Doesn't this game already have its own co-op survival mode?

MrDaravon

It might not be a full fledged mode. Most likely just a single map thing like the original zombies. Otherwise they sure as hell would have advertised it.

This is also very possible, which means this video leak is going to lead to tears and sadness.

I think AW has to have something besides Survival.

Treyarch has full Zombies, IW had Extinction & survival but now the game with 3 year production just has survival?

Top Bottom