• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 confirmed for Wii U

D_prOdigy

Works with Wii Mote too. Some Gaffers will be V.happy.

img_0472v2pa4.gif

Berg

Day one for me.
It's always been awkward waiting in line for the new COD, and the cashier asks everyone what platform they want..."360,360,360,PS3,PS3,360...." then i ask for the wii version and attract everyones attention.

clemenx

Banned
The real megaton would be if they're exactly the same as the other versions. That would speak good of WiiU's online infrastructure. I'm more interested in that rather than how it looks.

Effect

About time is right. Still holding out hope for pointer controls but will deal if there isn't I guess. Not at bad as I used to be. Can come in positive in matches but forget about the upper kill streaks.

The real megaton would be if they're exactly the same as the other versions. That would speak good of WiiU's online infrastructure. I'm more interested in that rather than how it looks.

Real megaton would be this game actually running in HD. I think it's about time consoles got an HD COD game.

Hoodbury

Expected, but confirmation is still nice. Glad it's got Wiimote support as well. Hopefully regular ones work since it's just pointer stuff instead of needing the motion + ones.

Alcibiades

would be awesome if they had a bundle version like the 360 gets... that would sell systems for sure (not that they need any help since WiiU should sell out no matter what)...

KageZero

So, i know it most likely false but some sites are saying this will run in fullhd? The guys said that during the showcase but i thought he was actually meaning 720p, just another error. Any new info about that?

Foshy

Doesnt look like this is going to be available day one for the Wii-U

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/videos/#/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-developer-interview

This developer interview from today says Wii-U Launch Windows - WHich means up to March 2013..

I sure hope it's day one or they basically will lose alot of sales for this title on Wii-U... Hardcore players are not going to wait months for it..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=491157

It's not even listed in the EU launch window line-up. Actually, not a single Activision game is.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
What, is the game playable with the Wiimote pointer? Hell yeah if true. I mean, I don't car about CoD, but I do care about a decent subtitute for KB/mouse for first-person games on consoles. The Wiimote/NC combo is the closest I've seen to that.

Doesnt look like this is going to be available day one for the Wii-U

http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/videos/#/call-of-duty-black-ops-ii-developer-interview

This developer interview from today says Wii-U Launch Windows - WHich means up to March 2013..

I sure hope it's day one or they basically will lose alot of sales for this title on Wii-U... Hardcore players are not going to wait months for it..

The game will probably be released on the 12/13th just like the other versions. Rouge Squadron 2 says hello :)

DSc

In bigger news...what is the 'fourth controller'...
It goes - Pro - Mystery Device - Wii Mote - Nunchuck.

Any ideas?

Looks like it could be the Wii U microphone...

Also, OneofSwords said that "the plan is to have the game available at the same time as the hardware launch in each territory."

Top Bottom