• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty Black Ops 3 Beta | PC Performance Thread

getting terrible mouse / input lag - anybody know how to address this?

have v-sync off in-game [on a g-sync monitor], so not sure what's causing it.

tried limiting fps to 60, and all my settings are good to go in NVCP.

mbmonk

Did you try turning adaptive Vsync on in your nvidia control panel, and put your FPS limit to 60 in COD menu?

I just tried and it did improve the stuttering, but I still get major hitches from time to time. Thanks for the tip. It's good to know about that setting for future reference.

Thanks again.

Zomba13

Well just got done playing, I was in borderless window previously but this time the windows taskbar was on top and wouldn't go behind so I tried fullscreen and it was mostly fine. Not stuttery.

The worst offender is definitely Evac. That map even when it's all good still causes some stutter.

alexbull_uk

Running essentially flawlessly for me. Near perfect 60fps with very occasinal dips to ~58fps. That's at 1920x1080, everything 'high' except textures are 'extra', and with Filmic SMAA T2x. 90 FOV.

Tried at 6030x1080 too, and it seemed to run well (albeit with textures on 'high' not 'extra'), but wasn't optimized at all for Surround/Eyefinity and so was unplayable. Shame.

I did note that there seems to be some slight input lag. Tried disabling mouse acceleration in-game and that helped, but it still doesn't feel just right.

This is with an i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 16GB DDR3, GTX 780 OC 3GB, on Win10 Pro x64.

Overall, positive. But I won't be buying it on PC. Can't get into the wallrunning, sliding, etc. with a keyboard at all, but that's my issue.

Mechazawa

For whatever reason, it was running more or less flawlessly yesterday, but now I'm experiencing stuttering today. Looking at the footage I recorded, my framerate would just randomly drop 10fps despite the game running way above what I have it locked to. I didn't change anything either.

The hell's going on. :/

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if it'll help but I did notice that for w/e reason in task manager the process was set to "low priority"

Doesn't priority only matter if you're doing multiple things at once, if you're just playing BO3 it shouldn't matter right? Correct me if I'm chatting cheese.

Zomba13

For whatever reason, it was running more or less flawlessly yesterday, but now I'm experiencing stuttering today. Looking at the footage I recorded, my framerate would just randomly drop 10fps despite the game running way above what I have it locked to. I didn't change anything either.

The hell's going on. :/

Yup. Same. One day (or one session) it's fine another random stuttering/10fps drops when there shouldn't be any. I should be able to run it on max (with lowish AA) and still hit around 100fps yet even when I set everything to medium/high (or even low) and cap my FPS at 60 I still get the random 10fps drops.

LQX

The screen aspect ratio resolution setting seems to be downsample. Mine at default was like .30 and made the game look like shit. It should be at 1.0 default I think and there should be a better explanation of the setting.

Swarna

If you're using nVidia cards and getting stuttering try turning shader cache in the NVCP off. My cache is on my regular HDD and I think it was reading too slow. You could alternatively lower textures in-game to High.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
200MB patch on Steam, is the game running better for anyone, especially thus with hitching/stutter/micro freezing.

Tried beta since there's free keys everywhere.

The performance overlay says i get a locked 63(for some reason it's 63 when I cap it to 60) fps but it feels anything but smooth.
Lots of single dropped frames causing microstutter.

Mouse aim doesn't feel right either, no input lag for me but idk it doesn't feel 1:1 (how does a shooter developer in 2015 still not know how to do mouse aim properly? It's not hard, it's a 'problem' that was solved 18 years ago.

It's also a shitttttttttttttt game, but that was expected, cod gona cod.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Stuttering seems better after the patch, but not totally gone. It's fully playable now though.

cripterion

Same, game is decent after the patch and I even got to play some games with 31ms as opposed to the usual 75ms. The difference of quality shows as I'm always top dog when I get a good connection.

There is still a bug with Ruin doing his spike thingy ability : when you shoot at the same time, the game will stutter like hell and it will keep stuttering all game long.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
I'm definitely having performance issues, which is a shame considering I can run witcher 3 at 70-100fps on gsync.

I have a 970, 8gb ram, and a 2500, have all my settings to modest amounts (medium textures/shadows, high everything else, no AA) and I'm getting stuttering, memory leaks (3.5gb->4.5gb+ usage over an hour), and pretty low fps IMO (only 60-80). I've also had about 3 memory related crashes.

Considering the fidelity of this versus other top games, it's a bit disappointing.

Tovarisc

I wonder if there is memleak somewhere. Matches start without stutters or lag, but as it goes on game gets increasingly stuttery.

Galava

i5-6600K 4,4GHz
GTX 970
8GB 2133MHz DDR4

V-sync enabled.
The game runs at steady 60fps with no drops at max settings with SMAA x1, 1080p 100% image quality.

Consider dropping in-game V-sync off, that sucker adds input lag into equation.

Vsync @ 120 is barely noticable on my rig, but @ 60 the game felt like it was in slow motion...

Not sure what that is about.
Tried beta since there's free keys everywhere.

The performance overlay says i get a locked 63(for some reason it's 63 when I cap it to 60) fps but it feels anything but smooth.
Lots of single dropped frames causing microstutter.

Mouse aim doesn't feel right either, no input lag for me but idk it doesn't feel 1:1 (how does a shooter developer in 2015 still not know how to do mouse aim properly? It's not hard, it's a 'problem' that was solved 18 years ago.

It's also a shitttttttttttttt game, but that was expected, cod gona cod.

First COD I have tried since MW1 / COD 4. And yeah, it is terrible. I have no idea how people play these games.

Vsync @ 120 is barely noticable on my rig, but @ 60 the game felt like it was in slow motion...

Not sure what that is about.

First COD I have tried since MW1 / COD 4. And yeah, it is terrible. I have no idea how people play these games.

They take the time necessary to get good at them instead of playing a few rounds and declaring they're "shit".

Hip Hop

They take the time necessary to get good at them instead of playing a few rounds and declaring they're "shit".

Pretty much. That's where the majority of the hate and bashing of the series comes from. It's also said that it is one of the easiest shooters out there, when the majority are really bad at it.

It was not that I was bad, I just think it has game systems that I find "shit" and/or unenjoyable. Such as the TTK, the gulf between hip fire/ADS, the lack of coordination in public TDS games.

At best I think I would like seek and destroy.

Phinor

Stuttering worse than ever before. Still trying to find a fix. I've tried everything ever posted on any gaming board or forum so far, thinking of trying voodoo magic next.

It's so bad now that sometimes when I kill an enemy while suffering from major stuttering, I don't actually get the +100 xp message on my screen at all.

KainXVIII

Order independent transparency option (or Volumetric Lighting?) tanks performance on gtx 770. Is it normal?
PS - also is it pc exclusive feature or console versions has this effects too?

Order independent transparency option (or Volumetric Lighting?) tanks performance on gtx 770. Is it normal?
PS - also is it pc exclusive feature or console versions has this effects too?

Let's see:

PC without Volumetric Light
blackops3_2015_08_30_sxupu.png

PC with Volumetric Light

PS4

Kinda hard to tell ACTUALLY

DTKT

I don't understand how mouse movement can feel so wrong. I've tried dozens of different combinations of mouse sensitivity and filtering but it never feels quite right.

I might just end up skipping this one because it's really annoying to actually just play.

ref

Yeah, the mouse aim feels off.

A good example of a game that does it right is Dirty Bomb... and many others.

I don't understand how mouse movement can feel so wrong. I've tried dozens of different combinations of mouse sensitivity and filtering but it never feels quite right.

I might just end up skipping this one because it's really annoying to actually just play.

Yeah, the mouse aim feels off.

A good example of a game that does it right is Dirty Bomb... and many others.

On my PC it ONLY feels OK @ 120hz. @ 60 it feels super weighty and just not... as 1:1 as most 60fps games feel.

I am not sure what is up with that.

uncapped

It may be an illusion, but I found if you disable the frame limiting in the game by editing the user options.ini, and running frame limiting via RTSS only, it seems to perform much better

abracadaver

I5 3550 (3,3Ghz)
R290
Windows 10 64bit
8GB RAM
15.11 beta drivers

Runs like a dream and looks really good to me.

I have everything set to high (not ultra)
Fps is 60-100 in 1080p

I dont think it ever dropped below 60. played 1,5 hours so far (single player only)

Hi. I have tried the game's performance with hotfix patch (Single player) on my system. The frame rate varied 60-90 mostly (some rare dips below, some 100). Most settings were high, some medium (3570k, 770 2GB, 16GB). I would like to ask how different single player campaign vs multiplayer frame rates are. Can I expect a min 60 fps in multiplayer aswell?

I am also stuck with old soviet copper cables as an internet connection. My upload doesn't punch above 60 kb/s, any ideas if that could be a problem? For reference, CSGO works without any problem when nobody else is using internet.

I am very tempted by 30 Euro offer on cdkeys. The only thing that is holding me back is a possibility of technical problems (low fps, laggy connection). Thank you.

Top Bottom