• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (PC/XB1/PS4) reveal trailer, screens, info, more [Read OP]

I'll pick this up cheaper down the line for the campaign, always enjoyed playing through those.

Battlefront and Halo 5 will be where my multiplayer hours go this year.

Nzyme32

The games trailer looks as identically interesting to me as every other call of duty - and that is to say, it looks utterly monotonous to me.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I'll pick this up cheaper down the line for the campaign, always enjoyed playing through those.

Same, I tried AW but nope, too burned on the series. This looks like more of AW but some changes here and there, in my opinion.

styl3s

Anyone know who the guy is talking? Presumably the main character? His voice sounds familiar. This game looks like what i wanted out of AW so i am super excited, excited to the point where i am going to pre-order to play that beta.

FLAguy954

For the new topic:

Since it seems like no one is watching the videos of the opinions linked earlier, I'll post some of what was said.

-Slower movement speed than AW, especially in the air.
-Air dashing and wall running are not ideal for combat. Mostly used strictly for traversal.
-Water combat is "seamless".
-Much more ground based than AW.
-Wall running is stricter and less abundant than Titanfall. You won't be bouncing from wall to wall with little loss of momentum like in Titanfall

According to TmarTn's impression video, "The thrust jump is more to get around obstacles or to get onto a second story floor. It's not meant to evade gunfire. Most of gunfights that happen in Black Ops 3, happen on the ground. It's not anything like the Exo-Jump was."

Fuck yes, will pick this up for PC.

imjust1n

Banned
Call of duty now looks like TitanfallHaloDestinyFutureZombies lol it seems its pulling lots of already mechanics with titansfall wall walk and halos air jumps and destiny magic power arm thing. Kept that while futuristic drones robots with adding of course zombies. Not gonna like black ops series is my fav and AW was pretty decent.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
After the teaser trailer, I was expecting more of this trailer. I feel like just saw Titanfall and Advanced Warfare, so it didn't really excite me at all.

CryptiK

For anyone worried about movement systems, or similarities to AW, or maps being vertical like AW, or any other fears that would be fixed if you could play it: watch the videos from the YouTubers who played the game for hours this weekend.

chaosxsilencer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbowLAv9AZA
TmarTn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLjB4fahrqQ
Ali-A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoZVleqOmVI

Also, PC version is high-priority this year. From The Guardian:

"The studio has also claimed that the PC version is a priority this year, with support for high-end rigs and 4K monitors, as well as scalable options for lower-end machines."

Well I fully expect

- A Server Browser
- Console access
- Dedicated servers only.
- Private Servers
- Rentable servers
- Unlocked frame rate
- FOV slider

If not, that comment is bullshit.

GeeDuhb

"Thrust-assisted jump" is the second major change in Treyarch's Call of Duty multiplayer overhaul. A slow-burning meter tracks Black Ops 3's thruster, which allows players to gain altitude and boost in any direction. The thrusters here feel more natural than the sudden momentum changes found in Advanced Warfare.

That sounds pretty good, from Engadget. Good article.

1. Hit detection was ass.

2. Way too much health you could shoot a guy in the back he turns and C4s you, making Hardcore a must play mode.

3. Maps became predictable as hell because there were only 3 paths on most.
Yeah those 3 are my biggest gripes with BO2, too.

I'd swap 2 and 3 though. Hit detection was pretty damn awful. For me Ghosts, for all it's flaws, probably is the best for that.

And you're right. In BO2, maybe it was also down to the hit detection but it felt like you really burned through bullets and indeed I ended up playing hardcore just you like.

And those 3-lane maps. Boring. They did have some nice themes and a little variance for DLC though.

Oh and don't forget the amount of head glitching spots.

Nvzman

Since the only one you offered a rebuttle to was the second one, I'll reply to that one.

My accuracy is fine, I had diamond ARs, and SMGs before January even before I got into playing Hardcore.
Okay and?
The only time C4 ever was an issue was when people threw it over walls/as a makeshift grenade.
And the maps in BO2 were excellent and should be predictable anyway. That's what made them good. Only exception was Turbine. Hated that map.
And the lag comp was hardly a huge issue compared to AW and Ghosts. At least I could still survive getting shot.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I just want a normal ass CoD without all of these crazy mechanics.

I've heard this thought echoed among many CoD gamers I know, they're the people I know that nearly strictly play CoD. Activision seems to be chasing more gamers that see every CoD sequel as the same thing by changing it up. I suppose it makes sense, haven't sales for the series been on a downward slope since MW3?

Radec

poster_ovr-620x400.jpg

gamestop got some posters

Jaeger

Most of the fears have been popped by well known YT CoD players who spent hours with the game.

This is gonna be great. Preordered of course.

brennok

Neo Member

"The studio has also claimed that the PC version is a priority this year, with support for high-end rigs and 4K monitors, as well as scalable options for lower-end machines."

Unless they include a server browser and user rentable and customizable servers, I doubt it will matter on PC. The series is all but dead on PC and for many it has less to do with the quality of the port and more to do with forced matchmaking, lack of dedicated, lack of a server browser, and lack of the ability to customize games.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I've heard this thought echoed among many CoD gamers I know, they're the people I know that nearly strictly play CoD. Activision seems to be chasing more gamers that see every CoD sequel as the same thing by changing it up. I suppose it makes sense, haven't sales for the series been on a downward slope since MW3?

Someone is always going to say the last one was the best one. They can't just keep making MW2 forever (insert snark about all cod games being the same here)

Fbh

Looks pretty fun. The 4 player campaign also sounds fun. I've allways wanted more games with Gears of War levels of multiplayer (A co-op campaign, a co-op survival mode and an competitive mode), good to see COD is going that way.

I've been wanting to give this franchise a chance for a while now (las COD I got was Black Ops 1). Almost got Advanced Warfare but I heard from some friends that the online wasn't very good (Lag, badly designed maps, etc). Mabye this one will make me get back to the franchise

Portugeezer

For anyone worried about movement systems, or similarities to AW, or maps being vertical like AW, or any other fears that would be fixed if you could play it: watch the videos from the YouTubers who played the game for hours this weekend.

chaosxsilencer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbowLAv9AZA
TmarTn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLjB4fahrqQ
Ali-A: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoZVleqOmVI

PC version is always high priority before launch.

Same here, not pleased with this. Was hoping for a break from this future stuff, and the "future" in this case looks un-inspired.

I'm pretty excited by this in a way that CoD games haven't gotten me in a while. More titanfall/arena style combat is always a good thing, even if it is going to be a bit slower.

T.O.P

Banned

Good to hear

Havent's played any BLOP but i loved AW and Titanfall...might grab 'em to play through the campaigns

BigMoose

Neo Member

I'm in the same boat, they all release way too close to each other and of the three I'm least excited for Blacks Ops 3. I'll give the beta a go, might sway my mind.

Jaeger

Well known YT CoD players who definitely didn't hype Ghosts before release?

Another thing people bring up. People like Drift0r were very open about issues they had with the game right up until and after the game released. And you let some people tell it, Ghost was great (not me though).

ShogunX

Find it incredibly hard to get hyped for a new COD these days (although I still buy it) and watching that trailer did pretty much nothing for me. It feels like I've done it and seen it all before with COD even though the maps and mechanics are changed it still looks so familiar.

OneUh8

It is interesting to see how Titanfall has influenced other shooters. That is clearly the case right? Trailer looks good though. Hope it turns out good, although I can see traditional COD fans being a little upset.

Those screens look almost identical to BO2, and the art of guy sitting with guns is the same as the last 2 BO games.

After AW, you'd think Treyarch would up their game. No pun intended.

Top Bottom