• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III 1TB Limited Edition PlayStation 4 Bundle Out 11/6

Boke1879

People really think there are too many LE consoles? Damn we rarely get this type of shit in NA. I hate we didn't get the MGSV LE console

I'm starting to wonder if Sony isn't putting much effort into making some of these limited edition consoles look good because they figure they'll sell anyway.

Disappointing, but at least it looks better than the Star Wars one.

Ray Down

Banned
Wish there was a way to buy the special edition controller without the console for myself :(

Though I know my nephew would like this.

The design seems kind of forced. As if they didn't know what to do with the form factor of the PS4. I see what they tried to do, but it's a bit obnoxious.

Jawmuncher

Ugly as hell. Would have been alright if the controller was black for the analog and dpad. Along with just the three on the top of the system. No junk on the bottom right.

I don't know what's going on. I mean there is so much more potential but these just seem cheap and lack any effort or thought. Surely Sony can come up with something that looks half decent.

And they left out the MGS console in the US which is far nicer than these.

The GAF mockups were tons better looking for the Star Wars model. This is plain lacking inspiration. I hate limited consoles with logos on them, numbers or stuff like that, can they be a little creative here ?

I may buy another PS4 this holiday and was thinking maybe the Call of Duty one would be nice looking but hell, it looks like shit. Just like the Star Wars bundle.

Bolivar687

Banned
I don't know what's up with SCEA but they just don't seem to be on the same page with other regions with these ugly ass limited edition consoles and third party looking controllers. Just compared to Europe's MGSV LE or the new Japanese controller colors, whoever designs these is not pulling their weight.

Also $449 is not how you get the CoD crowd on PlayStation. So many of them are bitter at the DLC switch and MLG sponsorship change, this does not seem like an olive branch when the Destiny LE's gave the game away for free. Feels like a missed opportunity aesthetically and strategically.

mollipen

75679.gif

I mean, god, that thing... and the controller... they're just... WOW.

Krakn3Dfx

Haven't been overwhelmed by any of the custom PS4s. If I was going to get one, it would be the Destiny model.

This looks more like a PS4 for a Tron game, as a BLOPS3 theme, it just comes across as sort of lazy.

That’s plenty of room for the DLC — which comes 30 days earlier on PS4

LOL, just in case you weren't aware.

MS are putting far more thought into limited edition consoles on the whole than we've see from Sony at times. Their CoD edition was far superior than this attempt.

Looks good when it's horizontally placed, that is awkward design when placed vertical like in OP. I like it is simple, not something like Batman or Starwars LE.

GeoramA

So that's 3 shooters getting PS4 bundles. This will sell okay, but the Star Wars bundle is what will win November.

You'd actually think Sony would do something special for getting CoD after so many years. And they come up with this hideous design to celebrate :/

The console looks like one of those cheap £10 stick sets you can buy, it looks awful. It will probably still sell a lot though

NolbertoS

Hahhahaha poor Canada...oh wait I'm Canadian :'(. Man, I'm gonna wait for Black Friday console deals, even adter conversion, I betcha the US BF bundle deals will be cheaper.

Boke1879

I don't know what's up with SCEA but they just don't seem to be on the same page with other regions with these ugly ass limited edition consoles and third party looking controllers. Just compared to Europe's MGSV LE or the new Japanese controller colors, whoever designs these is not pulling their weight.

Also $449 is not how you get the CoD crowd on PlayStation. So many of them are bitter at the DLC switch and MLG sponsorship change, this does not seem like an olive branch when the Destiny LE's gave the game away for free. Feels like a missed opportunity aesthetically amused strategically.

Dude this bundle will sell gangbusters an those people who cried about the dlc first thing will switch over. Youtubers already have to

MilesTeg

Banned
Could have went with the guy holding two pistols than the III. The console really doesn't look too great. Controller is decent, but why the grey color. Black would have looked better. I mean black and orange look good together.

edit

Also, d-pad being orange but the buttons aren't. The buttons should be orange too.

curb

Banned
Hahhahaha poor Canada...oh wait I'm Canadian :'(. Man, I'm gonna wait for Black Friday console deals, even adter conversion, I betcha the US BF bundle deals will be cheaper.

If I needed a PS4 I'd take that price over a straight exchange from USD. That's nearly $600CAD if you convert the $449USD. We Canadians are getting a deal!

Top Bottom