• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announced - 26th April Full Reveal

Jigolo

No it's real. Robotics, dashing, wall running, the works.

6u1Ockw.gif

No World War II in campaign means no purchase until at least February for me. Star Wars Battlefront will scratch my future warfare itch.

Though this makes sense. They've known about SWBF since at least spring 2013. Activision needs something to compete with it. Our only hope for WW2 multiplayer is if BF5 goes WW2 in 2016.

So it's just a treyarch spin on advanced warfare? Call me when CoD goes back to da past and maybe I'll be interested again.
never gonna be interested until they make good single player campaigns

a916

Don't know about that exact description, but it sounds right. Robotics, dashing, wall running, the works.

Treyarch continue aping from OG IW... do your own thing son.

(If you're going to do it, you better do it movement as well if not better... otherwise it'll be inferior out of the gate)

Newlove

Don't know about that exact description, but it sounds right. Robotics, dashing, wall running, the works.

Dashing...nooo! I don't wouldn't mind this stuff as long it works better than AW. Exo suits didn't fit the pacing. It was too fast and frustrating to aim imo. Removed any sense of map control.

Personally very happy if Shinobi is correct, but If the maneuverability is fast paced as Advanced Warfare and the ttk is still fast as shit, I am not buying.

Sorry for the dudes that like the more classic COD though, at least you'll have non-exosuit playlists.

Please have an amazing zombie mode, similar to the original Black Ops. I would be so happy with another downloadable map pack similar to the Rezurrection pack.

dustyherb

Personally very happy if Shinobi is correct, but If the maneuverability is fast paced as Advanced Warfare and the ttk is still fast as shit, I am not buying.

Sorry for the dudes that like the more classic COD though, at least you'll have non-exosuit playlists.
Ttk needs to be fixed for christ sake it's been way to damn low in every cod lately. If ttk isn't fixed even I will be hesitant to buy this and I love treyarch's cods.

What is so bad about having more game mechanics? I don't understand, it isn't going to play the exact same way as AW. Why go back to the older methods of play? There are hundreds of games out there with the simple aim-down-sights shooter gameplay,including the the previous 13 call of duty games. There are only big two shooters out there with the mobility mechanics. Play Hardline's mp and tell me that it doesn't feel super rote.

Activision has 3 different studios working on COD games and rather than diversifying the franchise they're all just stepping on each other's toes with alternate timelines of future warfare at this point.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Ugh, is the reason why they cannot go back to WW2 because guns back then did not have 1 billion attachments that you have to skinner box your way into acquiring?

I can just see the convo:

Dev: We want do go back and do an awesome "black ops" game set during WW2!

Suit: Are you crazy? There were no holosights or grenade launcher attachments back then! How will we possibly get people to buy into the same game again without forcing them into another skinner box?

Dev: Well, we could, you know, change up the formula a bit and really focus on getting the best possible gameplay on these new consoles?

Suit: Change..CHANGE?!!? Do you want to keep your job son? If you do you will recreate block ops 2 but "change" it just enough that the plebs don't notice. Actually, advanced warfare didn't do that great so lets reuse assets and ideas from that to save money. Got it?

Dev: Yes sir :( .

EpicBox

"First COD game for next-gen hardware"

Why can't they just call it 8th gen so they don't sound like morons?

Dropping last gen would be an interesting move. Is that confirmed? I half expected them to either continue cross-gen or produce a separate last-gen title. I mean, EA have only just stopped releasing FIFA on PS2.

Top Bottom