• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announced - 26th April Full Reveal

yEb1BTA.gif

Here's the GIF

Lakitu

st5fu
I'm shocked, going by a lot of posts on this thread it seems Advanced Warfare was not well received by the community?

I'm not a COD player, so I don't really follow COD news but I thought Advanced Warfare was well regarded by the players.

I'm not a Call of Duty fan but I really dig the art style of what I've seen of the campaign and multiplayer maps. Seem much more brighter and interesting than any other Call of Duty games. They all seemed really drab previously.

Please be current-gen only.

Until the platform holders find a way to incentivize current gen only development, there's no way publishers are going to leave money on the table; last gen games cost the same at retail as current gen, current gen games cost more to produce.

Maybe if MS or Sony gave bigger licensing discounts or something, otherwise...

It saddens me - last gen is holding current gen back.

Armadilo

Banned
So AW had movement I hate. BO2 looks like it's continuing the same path.

Is fucking Ghosts 2 our only hope at this point? We're so screwed.

I'm excited for the new Infinity Ward since their lead now by some Naughty Dog devs and the MW2 Multiplayer dev returned to IW so yeah I can't wait to see what they do

Yea I tried playing it but the maps are just terrible for it. They're all made for the exo suits.
Detroit is the only one that works. Pipeline (Atlas Gorge) does too, but it isn't in the Classic rotation.

Also, you people are being overly semantic to attack the guy. Gameplay is dependent on maps. If the maps don't work the gameplay doesn't work.

Daffy Duck

Wall running and dashing?

Oh no, I'll reserve judgement til I see this in action but I was hoping for a more traditional experience in BOPS3.

Discomurf

Not optimistic for a Wii U version, but secretly hoping. Would be nice for Wiimote aiming to survive at least one more year. Sigh.

Indeed - the funny thing is it would probably sell better than the last 2 versions since the user base is larger now, not to mention there is a complete lack of anything like it coming out on the system. (not including Splatoon)

Jblanks

Detroit is the only one that works. Pipeline (Atlas Gorge) does too, but it isn't in the Classic rotation.

Also, you people are being overly semantic to attack the guy. Gameplay is dependent on maps. If the maps don't work the gameplay doesn't work.

And those are 2 of the best maps.

I'm shocked, going by a lot of posts on this thread it seems Advanced Warfare was not well received by the community?

I'm not a COD player, so I don't really follow COD news but I thought Advanced Warfare was well regarded by the players.

As a has-been hardcore CoD player since MW, I didn't like the new exo-fast paced randomness that AW was and the maps didn't feel well made either. CoD isn't a high skill required shooter, but at least there was decent map design and some strategy in the Black Ops titles. AW's campaign was fun though.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Futuristic games are now the flavour of the month like World War games of old. Not that there is any problem to this as Advanced Warfare was pretty awesome, be interesting to see how they change up this title.

Compsiox

Banned
I hope that a 3 year development time doesn't mean they felt like they had to make zombies even more complex. Buildables ruined everything. Literally. As much as I hate Tranzit it would have been much better without them.

They could make it less tedious after a while with minigames or something.

Chris1

Yeah what sources? he's just some random dude on the internet, sorry to break it to you.

He's not gonna give up his sources lol

he's right 9/10 of the time on things, so personally I trust him and it's in line with what I was expecting anyways (I don't know anything, it just makes sense that AW would be the stepping stone and BO3 would be even more futuristic ).

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Not optimistic for a Wii U version, but secretly hoping. Would be nice for Wiimote aiming to survive at least one more year. Sigh.

treyarch developing is my only hope, but honestly...it's too bad, cause (for different reasons) remote or offtv, depending on the situations at home, are the on,y way I actually enjoy fps...

Duxxy3

I don't have a problem with the futuristic stuff (OK, I have a problem with futuristic guns). I have a problem with movement that negates the environment that would otherwise be used as part of the strategy in a game.

The good maps in COD do an excellent jobs of this. Choke points and lanes work perfectly in the best maps.

Titanfall, as a whole, does an OK job of it. The larger maps tune down the effectiveness of the movement system.

AW, as a whole, did an awful job of it. Nearly everything can be jumped over. Sight lines are in every direction imaginable.

DriftedPlanet

Unconfirmed Member
I want zombies. Not the high stress low payoff, high(er) complexity at the expense of fun black ops 2 stuff. I mean World at War and Black Ops goodness. Bring me the zombies and Treyarch will have my sword.

Yeah what sources? he's just some random dude on the internet, sorry to break it to you.

Eh, no.

Believe it or not, there are members on GAF that know what's going on in this industry. Shinobi has proven his track record. Do you think the mods on GAF would allow him to post if he was always making stuff up?

Shinobi could be off base, you can be lied to in this industry, but considering me and Shinobi have been of the same opinion of what was coming for months, and today confirmed that I'm inclined to side with his take.

Top Bottom