• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announced - 26th April Full Reveal

a916

I don't think CoD can get any worse at this point. Ghosts and Advanced Warfare are the two worst CoD's to date IMO. I'm really hoping this pans out.

Which is why it makes to be more excited for this because Treyarch >>>>>> SH >>>>>> IW (OG IW is still GOAT though)

LuuKyK

So they are going the final fantasy route with cod games now (only numbered sequels)? Or are they doing this because the Black Ops games share the same plot/characters/etc? Not really a fan of this games so I wouldn't know. Just curious.

One thing also to remember for those that say they don't want future, well the Black Ops franchise has already passed into the future at this point

black-ops-2.jpg

un-authentique-drone-dragon-fire-mq-27-telecommande.jpg

TacPad_BOII.jpg

So they are going the final fantasy route with cod games now (only numbered sequels)? Or are they doing this because the Black Ops games share the same plot/characters/etc? Not really a fan of this games so I wouldn't know. Just curious.
The last two games have been new series, so no.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
I just want this to be as much of a change from Black Ops 2 as MW3 was from MW2.

I didn't think the change from MW2 to MW3 was big at all. I thought it was pretty consistent. Now, Black Ops to Black Ops 2 I thought was pretty big. I thought Black Ops 2 had a good mix of present and future day.

Eh, I'll only be remotely interested if it goes back to the time/era Black Ops 1 was set in. Fighting with galils was way more fun than future stuff.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Blops 1-2 and mw1-3 are all legit sequels with returning characters and plot points that tie together. Assuming blops3 will be the same as the tease has sound bytes from the previous games.

Compsiox

Banned
Want to be hyped for zombies so bad but Tranzit was so bad. I hope they never do buildables or the fog Ever again.

El_Chino

Its been 7 years since a WW2 CoD, I'd love for them to have done World at War 2 rather than Black Ops 3. BOP3 will probably still be great though as long as the exos are gone.
Funny, I remember when people couldn't want for WW2 games to stop and now everyone wants it back.

Reebot

Didn't know Advanced Warfare was so reviled around here, I really like it.

Black Ops has pretty consistently great campaigns so I'm excited for that. The sequel's online strayed into that overly fast overly technological power fantasy territory; I much prefer the slower and more deliberate first game.

Also, no chance this is not set in the future. Sci Fi action making a come back right now - I'd bet we even see Titanfall inspired mech play.

Unless major ground is broken here, I think Advanced Warfare soured my interest in Call of Duty for the foreseeable future.

Godspeed, Treyarch.

Buzzbrad

I really didn't know people on here didn't like AW. I thought it was a solid and innovative game. The exo suits added brand new game play styles.

eFKac

Couldn't give a rats ass about non-WW2 CoD but interested whether it's finally current gen only or if we have to wait one more year.

First current gen only CoD and FIFA should provide a very healthy boost to Holiday HW sales.

b0bbyJ03

judging by the responses in this thread it seems people still get excited for these games. I won't hate at all but I will say I'm kind of surprised.

Please no dumb exo suit bullshit,played Advance Warfare for 3 days before putting that shit in a garbage bin. You can be futuristic in Black Ops 3 but can we go back to ground level fights,not ''who can reach the highest place with their exo suit to spawn kill aka rooftop fights''. Also that invisible perk and such bullshit has to go,this is CoD not Titanfall/Halo,if so I'll pick this up in a heartbeat as I liked Black Ops 1 and 2.

I really didn't know people on here didn't like AW. I thought it was a solid and innovative game. The exo suits added brand new game play styles.
EbtsywJ.gif

You haven't been paying attention,AW is a steaming pile compared to even worse earlier CoDs,exo suits/perks ruined what was perfectly design maps.

Ambient80

One thing that just delighted me to no end in BO2 was the Hunter Killer Drone. Not because I got a lot of kills with it, but because any time I played with one of my friends, he was ALWAYS the one person on the team who got hit by them, and he would get so pissed. I laughed my ass off so many times when he would start to rage over those things.

Please Treyarch, bring back those wonderful little drones. Make me smile again :D

biteren

But that didnt change my movement ;) When i say future crap, im talking about character movement.

regular boots on the ground huh.

being stuck between a rock and a hard place,

cant do Exos, last game did it and now everyone grew tired of it (for reasons i have yet to understand), maybe some folks dont like moving like a bunch of Gundams

Cant do parkour, then it be too much like Titanfall and that would be a bad thing right?

well where to go from here, maybe have no enhanced movement at all. just make it straight just runnin around again.

dustyherb

Honestly I'm fine with exo suits or anything like that my main issue is maps. They were way to damn small in AW and while I do love small maps it just didn't work when you would spawn and there's 3 exo dudes flying at you from all directions. I'm not really worried tho because I have faith in treyarch and whatever they want to do.

Let's be realistic:
There will be some sort of exo movement in there.
There will be mostly future/near future story/equipment, maybe some flashback style missions back to older days but not fully.
There will be zombies.

Koh

I swear we just had a COD game last year. I'm hesitant to buy in without seeing it in action.

This may be a cash grab.

biteren

it seems like people want a True successor to MW2 and/or a call back to WW2, either way it think BO3 is gonna be great

El_Chino

We had two future CoDs in a row. I really hope it's a purposely misleading trailer and will be Vietnam Or something.
What I'm struggling to understand is how everyone seems to want to go back to the past, WWII specifically, when not even 10 years ago people couldn't have been more excited to be in modern day/future.

What I'm struggling to understand is how everyone seems to want to go back to the past, WWII specifically, when not even 10 years ago people couldn't have been more excited to be in modern day/future.

Yeah its funny how times change. I remember back around the time of Black Ops 1 and MW3 everyone saying how badly they wanted COD: Future. Like there was even fan mock ups and stuff

Mortemis

Banned
I'll be there day one.

I really liked AW, but I hope there's no exosuit or double jump in this. Too many double jump shooters nowadays.

Duxxy3

I do wonder if they're going to go with Ghost 2 given the reception of the original. It seems like the one CoD that sticks out as being received fairly negatively in all aspects. And in particular with the campaign and its bullshit ending. I'm pretty sure that they planned for it to be a series, but it seems possible that the reception made them rethink that. It's not like they'd necessarily be losing anything given how people felt about the campaign.

IW is in a bad spot compared to the other teams. They released the first bad modern COD game. If they go forward with Ghosts 2, they are going forward with a tainted name. Even if Ghosts 2 was the best COD game ever made, it would still have lower sales because of the name. If they go with MW4 they are killing off the ability to work on anything else. They would be stuck with MW.

Meh, not that excited, but I will keep up with it...I'm sure graphically it'll be great. If they don't have thrusters/double jump I hope you can at least still wall climb. Call of Duty needs to keep working on maneuverability in general.

For Advance Warfare which console has the biggest population, PS4 or Xbox One? I always pick up the newest CoD around Christmas to keep me entertained during the cold season.

The zeitgeist 10 years ago created the desire for modern war games. 9/11, Afghanistan, and Iraq all sparked the imagination and made the success of modern era games possible. Now that modern war is showing itself as a muddled, bleak, confusing, horrifying mess people don't want to play games that depict what they see everyday or remember going so badly. Future war, at least least the way it's been done so far is just an extension of modern war, with all of the confusion and blurred lines that come with it.

World War II is a more pure conflict in people's minds. There was a distinct evil to be beated, clear lines of good and bad. That is much more psychologically palpable.

Top Bottom