• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announced - 26th April Full Reveal

AetherZX

Another year, another lack of a World War I Call of Duty :(

(Yes, I'm aware, it will never happen. But I'm a WWI history buff so I'd love to see at least SOMEBODY make a WWI FPS. We've gotten RTS, flight games, and even a fucking puzzle game, but no shooter.)

...Don't you mean WWII?

D-VoN

I don't think CoD can get any worse at this point. Ghosts and Advanced Warfare are the two worst CoD's to date IMO. I'm really hoping this pans out.

Toa TAK

Banned
What's the difference between Black Ops and Modern Warfare series? Soooo many FPS!

Modern Warfare series is the story of the causes that lead up to a modern day WWIII with central characters involved in both sides.

Black Ops is a follow up from World At War and tells the events of an agent undergoing interrogation in the 1960s while jumping across from important events at the time.

Much like every COD, I will not get excited over this one, but will end up getting it in some buy two get one deal. Usually works out well.

I enjoyed AW's campaign having taken a three year COD break prior.

Maybe Blops 3 can do something great with it's campaign too.

Bsigg12

I feel like moving away from exo suits or something like them would be a step backwards. The movement in AW was something I really enjoyed and made it more fun to me than previous games.

Natels

I feel like moving away from exo suits or something like them would be a step backwards. The movement in AW was something I really enjoyed and made it more fun to me than previous games.

Yep.

Played Black Ops 2 the other day and it just feels so slow.

Percy

Banned
Eh... BO games were the weakest COD games imo. Why revisit that rather than another fresh start series like AW?

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
If they're going to include exo suits, I'd prefer that they be killstreaks or items to be retrieved in a map. Having everyone fly around in AW was not fun. I always played classic mode because of that shit.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I don't think CoD can get any worse at this point. Ghosts and Advanced Warfare are the two worst CoD's to date IMO. I'm really hoping this pans out.

Speak for yourself. Ghosts was terrible, but Advancex Warfare was fantastic. The verticality and mobility of the EXOs made it feel like a brand new game for me. BlOps 3 is the series I feel is going to feel stale as hell.

I agree. The next Call of Duty needs some form of verticality, a jet pack, double jump, wall running or whatever but it definitely needs something along those lines.

I think it'll be a huge step back if it goes back to the same ol same COD on the ground. I know i wont touch it. This is the reason why i love Advanced Warfare and Titanfall, the movement makes the game so much more fun and exiting to play. It brings like a whole new dimension to the gameplay. On the ground Call of Duty has been done too many times, time to move on, IMO.

I've moved on from call of duty multiplayer but I'll play the single player.

I need to play something that rewards skill and isn't so focused on smoothing the experience out for people who can't think.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Hoping for no future shit, but even then I'll probably pick this up. Been two years since my last CoD game.

pizzacat

Banned
Good servers pls, with how much bank they got with these games they never give me these beautiful dedicated servers man

KDC720

AW is my favorite CoD since the original Black Ops. Im anxious to see what direction Treyarch is gonna go with for BLOPS 3, as its gonna be tough to go back to vanilla CoD after the mobility options of AW.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I suppose so.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/586229981270839296

David Vonderhaar just tweeted the hashtag.

Hehe nice.

2015-04-0920_16_36-daeekkp.png

LAA

Future crap? What am I reading? COD was in dire need of some differentiator for me. Just felt so genetic, and other FPS's were feeling more advanced and fun with what was added to it. How anyone can say that stuff is old or even go as far to say they're sick of it when it's been in just one game? That's insane.
Can't say I'm a fan of COD though really, so don't really care what happens, but I did think AW was a step in the right direction.

Advanced Warfare's campaign was phenomenal but the multiplayer is not good. It isn't terrible, but it is very disappointing. They introduced a new moment system but didn't make the maps to suit it. I don't like exos and I'd be glad to not see them outside of a Sledgehammer COD. If BO3 has exos I won't play the multiplayer.

I suppose so.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/586229981270839296

David Vonderhaar just tweeted the hashtag.

Man reading all those comments, I think a lot of people are going to be in a huge shock for this game. Everyone is talking about "old school" COD stuff and comparing it to other COD games.

This is personal opinion, not "insider leak" anything, but I feel that this COD will be more different than any one prior to it in terms of gameplay. Maybe someone with some knowledge can shed a hint of light on that, but I think seasoned COD vets may be in for a bit of shell shock at the reveal.

IW may be the "modern-ish" studio now. They are either making Ghosts 2 or MW4 (though I think it's a near lock that it's Ghosts 2). So it's slightly in the future, but still using weapons available today.

I do wonder if they're going to go with Ghost 2 given the reception of the original. It seems like the one CoD that sticks out as being received fairly negatively in all aspects. And in particular with the campaign and its bullshit ending. I'm pretty sure that they planned for it to be a series, but it seems possible that the reception made them rethink that. It's not like they'd necessarily be losing anything given how people felt about the campaign.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Speak for yourself. Ghosts was terrible, but Advancex Warfare was fantastic. The verticality and mobility of the EXOs made it feel like a brand new game for me. BlOps 3 is the series I feel is going to feel stale as hell.

I find Black Ops' universe considerably more interesting than whatever they built in Advanced Warfare. I wasn't slightly interested in AW's story. Whatever they bring with Black Ops 3 is most likely going to be more interesting than any sequel to Advanced Warfare. AW got off on the wrong foot for me.

a916

With OG IW at Respawn, Treyarch has become the default top lead developer of COD.

Anxiously await to wash that AW/Ghosts taste out of my mouth...

Hope they don't go full in on the exo...

Did people really hate the exos that much? I saw AW do really well in sales and critical reception.

I didn't like it because Titanfall did it better (movement) in every aspect almost 9 months earlier. AW was clunky and jarring in comparision.

Dabanton

I've missed the last two CoD games so this should feel refreshing. Loved BO 1 and 2 so look forward to seeing what they'll bring for this.

Top Bottom