• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops III Announced - 26th April Full Reveal

biteren

i looked up those hidden coordinates and it took me here:

9075e79d4feef559061fd4c16dc46012.png

453d3668114db7fc9eda8f73c388e7aa.png

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
People complaining about "Future Crap" must be the most boring people in the world
It's like being fond of paintings that only depict sunrises... Milquetoast

Why don't we have Call of Duty: Magical Warfare yet?

I think future warfare has been a part of gaming for a very long time. I didn't really think BO2's campaign was all that stellar. They also consider a modern audience IMO. They have to somehow keep them happy with both sides of the coin (SP and MP), plus they always decrepit modern society and take you on a tour of what's exotic or someplace someone doesn't talk about a whole lot. It's something to get millennials excited about.

I get what you're saying and everything but this makes me giggle.
Saying that you'll be skipping Black Ops 3 if it's futuristic when Star Wars is as futuristic as it gets.

c:

There is no jetpack crap in the Galactic War Era ;) (THats where Battlefront takes place)

And Star Wars isnt really that futuristic. Its still way more grounded than the military future stuff with Exo Suits etc.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
a wasted opportunity. Now all 3 games are in the future setting with really no differentiation. Hopefully they atleast go for a full sci fi setting, 2200 kind of thing

ViciousDS

Banned
BOPS2 future was fantastic.....not sure why people hated it. If its AW futuristic.....yes, fuck that. But BOPS2 was the perfect balance between future and modern.....since it was only based 15 years into the future anyways.

a wasted opportunity. Now all 3 games are in the future setting with really no differentiation. Hopefully they atleast go for a full sci fi setting, 2200 kind of thing

Thats what i mean... do we really need 3 CoD games in the future? Why not change some things up?

BOPS2 future was fantastic.....not sure why people hated it. If its AW futuristic.....yes, fuck that. But BOPS2 was the perfect balance between future and modern.....since it was only based 15 years into the future anyways.

For me, i wouldnt have a problem with future tech until there is something that changes player movement (jetpacks, wallrunning, exo-suits etc).

I really loved Black Ops 2.

biteren

i just hope theres some space ships or somthin, lets take it all the way to the edge of the system.

also i Zoomed in to the cordinates all the way, seems to go to someones house...

very peculiar....

Majine

Banned
So instead of last years CoD game with a futuristic setting we will get another subfranchise with a futuristic setting.

Can't wait.

viveks86

First time I'm coming across the phrase "World Reveal". I guess Geoff Keighley managed to secure a trademark on "World Premiere"

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Thats what i mean... do we really need 3 CoD games in the future? Why not change some things up?

Meh...i trust treyarch, its just the initial let down after expecting something really groundbreaking. Just upping the number and calling it a day sounds so different from the treyarch that brought us a lot of the most innovative features of the series. Multiple endings based on choices(BO2), an actual involved storyline(BO1), pick 10(BO1), zombies(WAW), RTS features(BO2), full on gore(WAW)..

Hopefully the fuller experience is more than the title would suggest

biteren

No, please stay in the future, I'm still tired of the "modern" junk.

this.

i dont get it, we get a ENTIRE generation of damn modern shooters, and just having a few future setting games is already too much?

i can only somach seeing the same ol AK and M4 so much.
but whatever, the people are gonna like what they gonna like.

Eggbok

Should've said I don't like future stuff in CoD; future sci-fi on the other hand is what Star Wars is all about.

I know what you meant I was just poking fun haha.

There is no jetpack crap in the Galactic War Era ;) (THats where Battlefront takes place)

And Star Wars isnt really that futuristic. Its still way more grounded than the military future stuff with Exo Suits etc.

No Jetpacks? So what does Boba Fett use then?
chansub-global-emoticon-ddc6e3a8732cb50f-25x28.png

And you don't Star Wars is that futuristic? Even with the flying cars, humanoids, ai, laser beams, space travel, etc? :p

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I am OK with the setting, but I hate seeing "future weapons" in a call of duty title. I don't want fucking lasers or energy weapons in these games.

No I get what you're saying and I totally agree, with "future settings" I meant exactly what you're talking about.

No more jet packs, exo suits and other stuff like that.

If the game takes place in 2020 and STILL has normal, real weapons then I'm totally fine with it.

Top Bottom