• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts min specs: x64 OS, 6GB RAM, 550Ti DX11, 50GB HDD. Recom: GTX780

renitou

I'll spend my money on games that bother to optimize. I already do. I have a PC for PC games, not console droppings. :)

Pain

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEQ5Yxs9yk8

Looks like COD with a fresh new coat of paint.

I can see the resolution, textures and effects look better, but c'mon, this looks 95% the same as every other COD game. It's the kind of improvement I would expect in a sequel, not a true next-gen experience.
Watch done Youtube videos and listen to the impressions of people who have actually played the game. Yes, it is still Call of Duty. But from what I've heard this is the biggest overhaul in terms of movement, graphics and I've even heard things about the map design.

Desaan

Watch done Youtube videos and listen to the impressions of people who have actually played the game. Yes, it is still Call of Duty. But from what I've heard this is the biggest overhaul in terms of movement, graphics and I've even heard things about the map design.

Looks exactly the same to me.

ksdixon

do we know if ghosts multiplayer will have cpu bots? not famillia with cod, my brother reports that not all of the older games had them included.

crozier

Never try to compete with the consoles at the start of a new generation unless you feel like spending out the ass. Wait a couple of years and you'll be able to purchase the necessary PC hardware at a fraction of the price.

Lulubop

Never try to compete with the consoles at the start of a new generation unless you feel like spending out the ass. Wait a couple of years and you'll be able to purchase the necessary PC hardware at a fraction of the price.

What are you even talking about?

crozier

What are you even talking about?
A next-gen ready gaming PC will cost a hell of a lot less two years from now and last for the remaining six years of that console's cycle. Personally, I buy a console at release but wait to upgrade my PC for a couple of years. Cheaper that way...

(I do not think that CoD has inflated requirements on PC)

mephixto

Banned

Did crazier was already taken?

crozier

Not sure what I'm missing here.

This is how it is every single new generation. Console games ported to PC have ridiculously high hardware requirements. A GTX 780 doesn't seem extreme. Pointing out that a 360 version exists with lower requirements isn't helpful either because that isn't the version (thankfully) that PC gamers are getting. They're two separate titles.

RulkezX

Not sure what I'm missing here.

This is how it is every single new generation. Console games ported to PC have ridiculously high hardware requirements. A GTX 780 doesn't seem extreme. Pointing out that a 360 version exists with lower requirements isn't helpful either because that isn't the version (thankfully) that PC gamers are getting. They're two separate titles.

So you're assuming that how this game will look on a 780 with everything at Ultra and all those Nvidia exclusive effects = how it looks on consoles ?

crozier

So you're assuming that how this game will look on a 780 with everything at Ultra and all those Nvidia exclusive effects = how it looks on consoles ?
Assuming that you can run the game on Ultra using a GTX 780 is presumptuous. All we know (to my knowledge?) is that a GTX 780 is recommended to play the game. And as is almost always the case, given more expensive hardware the PC version will be the definitive version. Although if the community for this game on PC is limited by those who can afford a rig capable of playing it, MP might be superior on consoles simply by virtue of a larger player base. No telling at this point...

RulkezX

Assuming that you can run the game on Ultra using a GTX 780 is presumptuous. All we know (to my knowledge?) is that a GTX 780 is recommended to play the game. And as is almost always the case, given more expensive hardware the PC version will be the definitive version. Although if the community for this game on PC is limited by those who can afford a rig capable of playing it, MP might be superior on consoles simply by virtue of a larger player base. No telling at this point...

*NathanFillion.gif*

I stand by my first post in response to you :p

pa22word

Na. It looks to be a straight port of NGC versions of the game. DX11, 6GB gen RAM + 1GB VRAM (minus OS overhead that comes down to ~5GB total ram required for the game...which coincidentally matches the exact amount of ram the Xbone reserves for games), and a set of GPUs are pretty equivalent to what's in the new systems.

Technology is moving, thus requirements are being raised. This thread reads like a lot of people who didn't experience PC gaming before this gen are panicking because their fancy rigs are /finally/ aging.

You try way too hard with these awful posts in these kinds of threads

crozier

You try way too hard with these awful posts in these kinds of threads
Today is the first and probably last day I participate in a PC vs. console thread around here. What I posted is common sense advice for the start of a new generation, though. The GTX 780 might be the recommended card in part because they don't (and can't) optimize for PC like they do for consoles, but my guess is that that card is going to be the ballpark baseline GPU for next gen. If you build a $400 system now and expect it to be future proof, you're going to end up sorely disappointed when nothing runs well on it next year.

why on earth wouldn't cards already twice as powerful work with these games? if the consoles had cutting edge GPU's that'd make more sense.

got a feeling this is a nice marketing push from NVidia.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Crysis 3 was targeting machines with 512MB of ram and 8 year old GPUs and CPUs. Now that PC games are going to be releasing alongside 64 bit machines with modern silicon, lots of CPUs threads, and 8GB of RAM, your PC is going to need to exceed those specs if you want to max out games.

It's crazy to me that so many PC gamers are surprised that the new gen is going to require a spec upgrade.

The game looks like ass. That's the reason why many here are so surprised. It doesn't warrant these recommended specs at all.

The game looks like ass. That's the reason why many here are so surprised. It doesn't warrant these recommended specs at all.

Game looks great to me.

call_of_duty_ghosts_cod_04.jpg

call_of_duty_ghosts_cod_02.jpg

call_of_duty_ghosts_cod_03.jpg

Game looks great to me.

Going to have to wait and see the actual game. MW3 certainly showed how terribly everything has aged and a new coat of paint that got slapped on Blops 2 covered some of that up but it was still no looker. The call of duty devs are very good at visual tricks and shortcuts in achieving that realistic "aesthetic" without the game being demanding on the system's resources.

Durante

What really stands out to me about those shots is the bad DoF. It seems to have exactly 2 planes, in-focus and out-of-focus, without anything in between. And the effect itself is nothing to write home about either.

antitrop

What really stands out to me about those shots is the bad DoF. It seems to have exactly 2 planes, in-focus and out-of-focus, without anything in between. And the effect itself is nothing to write home about either.
So, exactly like Black Ops 2 on PC, then.

I know there are many variables involved but I wish they could at least estimate what settings/performance a card/CPU would achieve when they release specs.

Blinck

I don't think the game looks terrible, but it really isn't on the level of other stuff we've seen from next gen.

Still, these recommended specs are an absolute joke IMO.

Top Bottom