• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Ghosts min specs: x64 OS, 6GB RAM, 550Ti DX11, 50GB HDD. Recom: GTX780

Sethos

Banned
Please feel free to post better screens of BC2.

Please feel free to find them yourself, game was released in 2010 and there's plenty of quality material available. May I suggest rummaging around the High-res thread, I believe neoenigma posted some wonderful shots. Perhaps go look at some publicity shots for the game to get a feel for it and not just head over to google images, find the shittiest image you can find and say "HERP DERP U MEEN DIS?".

People who has actually played the PC version knows what I mean by my comment, I even quoted and addressed a PC player. It has the same clarity and crispness, has large environments and is still quite a beautiful game - Bit dated but those CoD screenshots aren't very impressive at all.

Please feel free to post better screens of BC2.
Sure

XFia1Ai.jpg

GDyChKv.jpg

6GJTE1K.jpg

Nokterian

You can say what you want about Blops 2 on PC. But i for once had a very very smooth launch and they went on to bring patches a long way a step up from Black Ops 1 for sure and it looks pretty decent. Most fun i had in a long time just to play CoD instead of the crap happend to Blops 1 on launch and even MW3 that last one was just a lackluster on pc.

teokrazia

You can say what you want about Blops 2 on PC. But i for once had a very very smooth launch and they went on to bring patches a long way a step up from Black Ops 1 for sure and it looks pretty decent. Most fun i had in a long time just to play CoD instead of the crap happend to Blops 1 on launch and even MW3 that last one was just a lackluster on pc.

I had no issues with MW3, but Black Ops launch was an unbelievable disaster. In those days I was a reviewer, and I punished that shame giving it a score of 1 on 5. ;P

I think that BLOPS 2 DoF actually looks better than the one shown on those Ghosts screens.

Yup, definitely.

Nokterian

I had no issues with MW3, but Black Ops launch was an unbelievable disaster. In those days I was a reviewer, and I punished that shame giving it a score of 1 on 5. ;P

Yup, definitely.

MW3 had no bigger graphic options like Blops 2 or even FoV slider, it didn't have ranked dedi servers. Blops 1 was a disaster yeah and they learned from it in Blops 2 for sure.

teokrazia

Oh, I was referring more about stability and performances, but ye, I've noticed all that stuff.
Infinity Ward tried to recover somehow from the infamous MW2 status quo [IWnet, no mod, DLC, no lean, no RCON], but was just an half-assed attempt.

RedSwirl

do we know if ghosts multiplayer will have cpu bots? not famillia with cod, my brother reports that not all of the older games had them included.

Not sure. Usually only Treyarch does bots, and the first COD game to have them was Black Ops. Modern Warfare 3 didn't have them, reasoning that Spec Ops Survival served the same purpose. Black Ops II brought them back but I haven't heard anything on Ghosts having them.

dex3108

Official Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 40 GB
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
Sound: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer.

http://community.callofduty.com/com...ty-ghosts-pc-system-requirements#.UmgnAvngs_V

AndyBNV

Nvidia
http://community.callofduty.com/com...ty-ghosts-pc-system-requirements#.UmhMovkQbts

Minimum System Requirements:

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 40 GB
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer.

Only difference to the one's we posted a while back: 10GB less HDD space required, even older card supported at minimum level. Chalk that up to asset clear up and a final optimization pass.

I really would love to understand how developers/publishers come to decide min specs. Ive seen it a few times now, where it appears a big difference between an Nvidia card and an AMD card performance wise. Does the game run better on Nvidia cards ? Is there some something else on AMD's side that would require a higher end GPU ?

Just curious for the reasoning behind it.

Was it ever mentioned the recommended card? Surely not the 780. I only see minimum in steam

Timeline:

nvidia posted the minimum + recommended on geforce.com
I made this thread, the news spread.
Activision responded that these aren't the official specs.
nvidia removed the recommended from geforce.com but kept the minimum.
Activision posted the official minimum specs which are quite similar to the "unofficial" ones. nvidia updated as well. There still isn't a recommended.. recommendation though.

Timeline:

nvidia posted the minimum + recommended on geforce.com
I made this thread, the news spread.
Activision responded that these aren't the official specs.
nvidia removed the recommended from geforce.com but kept the minimum.
Activision posted the official minimum specs which are quite similar to the "unofficial" ones. nvidia updated as well. There still isn't a recommended.. recommendation though.

weird considering launch is a few days away

Top Bottom